Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Dec 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #557 of 658

Btw, I am planning to "go commercial" with this design since it surpasses all expectations I had 
wink_face.gif

yes!!! perhaps also a 'kit'?
It will be designed "as is", USB ONLY...
no i2s in???
Not sure about it's weight, it supposedly weighs about 15Kg 
blink.gif

meh. rather have the goods than a skinny box :wink:

I think if you want to build something like this yourself, it's easiest to buy the goods yourself, otherwise transport costs are way too high, and I am not planning to be some sort of components supplier 
biggrin.gif

NO I2S in, I use, at least what I think it is, the best USB to I2S pcb available today, built-in DAC with the shortest wires possible, it's much better than external I2S.

I agree, I love the weight 
wink_face.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #559 of 658
btw, just put in the 10th R-Core and 11th EMI/RFI filter for XMOS/USB power, there was a little space left since I didn't need a softstart module 
wink_face.gif

No need for external supply for powering USB 
wink_face.gif

Dec 31, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #561 of 658
I do not know what have happen to my MX-U8. it just can not be recognized at all. 

I have checked the 5V and 3.3V supply (which is stable) and everything is normal.

I have reinstall the driver but the player can not be detected. 

can I know how to trouble further ? is it the USB connection at the board or the XMOS chip is dead on static ?

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #563 of 658
  I do not know what have happen to my MX-U8. it just can not be recognized at all. 

I have checked the 5V and 3.3V supply (which is stable) and everything is normal.

I have reinstall the driver but the player can not be detected. 

can I know how to trouble further ? is it the USB connection at the board or the XMOS chip is dead on static ?

Did you restart pc after deinstalling old driver? And restart again after installing? Did you try a different USB-port?

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #567 of 658
Hi There...been watching Head-Fi for some time and learning.  Have been buying and experimenting. Your approach seems awesome. How much would an eval or one-off (your call) be?  Sorry if I missed this nuance is there a separate LPS requirement?

Jan 5, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #568 of 658
A newbie..Guys I'm struggling with my experimental set - MBP El Capitain =>Breeze DU-U8 =>Gustard DACX12 via RCA to HPhone amp works. MBP El Capitain =>Breeze DU-U8 =>Gustard DACX12 via Mogami Gold XLR on AES to HPhone amp does not work nor does via Optical.  I suspect I need to load DU-US driver.  Does anyone have an electronic copy or a download link forsaid driver?  Thanks!

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #569 of 658
3Marshes,

About my approach, are you pointing to MX-U8 ar to my dac? 

I didn't or do own a Breeze, please ask rb2013 for a driver on the Gustard U12 forum, ok?

Regards,
Alex

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #570 of 658
This is the latest driver for Breeze Audio DU-U8:

http://yun.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=1612015194&uk=155645262

or

http://yun.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=2911941438&uk=155645262

Users who are viewing this thread

Back