Melbourne, Australia meet - Any interest?
Oct 9, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #46 of 86
Ill also keep an list of info at the top of the thread.
  1. Dynalo
  2. PIMETA
  3. MS-1
  4. Sennheiser px100
  5. Szekeres (possibly)
  6. Laptop + Guzzler USB DAC (If someone requets it, otherwise ill leave it at home)
(I know, low end, but its all i have
frown.gif
)

Rob.

Oct 9, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #47 of 86
Hey robzy, I think listening to all levels of equipment can only help to round out your experiences and knowledge of this woolly beast that is hi-fi. Fr'instance I'm keen to hear your MS-1 after reading so much about it....I once considered it as a can for listening to metal.

Thanks for offering to maintain the details at the top of the thread, too. Perhaps that'll be more convenient than having two entries...

Oct 9, 2005 at 10:28 AM Post #48 of 86
My Equipment List

Eastsound CD-E5
Gold Raincoat ICs
Concorde ICs
MAD Ear+ Anniversary
Koss KSC-35 recabled with Silver Dragon
Rio Karma
Headphile K3000 (with Bubinga Woody and Blackmax Cable)

Oct 9, 2005 at 10:31 AM Post #49 of 86
im also pretty sure that ShadowFlay will be coming, and he has a few toys (ill get him to post to confirm)

Oct 9, 2005 at 1:49 PM Post #50 of 86
Most definitely coming!

Equipment List:
Senn HD 650
RnB Sky Blue Mini IC
Luxman Power Amp(tying me over until I get my Hornet as I don't actually have a headphone amp atm)
Pioneer SE4 phones
Oh and I amost forgot, an iPod 3G 40GB

BTW, anyone think I should bring the Luxamn? It is a little on the noisy side, especially on quiet tracks but is warm. I like it *shrugs*

P.S. It's cool to to finally leave the shadows. No more lurking fa me
600smile.gif

Oct 9, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #51 of 86
SA5000s
M^3
Guzzler dac (if someone could bring a laptop or such to hear it, it'd be appreciated)

Oct 10, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #52 of 86
Ill bring a laptop + guzzler USB dac. The laptop only has one USB port but since they are both guzzler's dac i doubt it would make a difference :p

(This is a good excuse to fix up my DAC to, i didnt do the original soldering and its quite horrible.

[edit]:

List up top updated
smily_headphones1.gif

(And Jazper, you better bring your DAC, words can not express how much i want to check it out :p)

Rob.

Oct 10, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #53 of 86
also people dont forget to bring CDs to listen to haha, and Digital Cameras

Oct 14, 2005 at 1:32 PM Post #56 of 86
Just letting you know I’m all fine with the date, really looking forward to it
If you need to email me, dakiller-at-post-dot-com will get me (also msn)

Equipment list -

Guzzler pcm2702 dac
Self designed DAC (i really need a name for this, maybe you guy's can come up with somethign)
Iriver h120

Mint
Meta42
DtpaKiller
PPA V1.1 (with glassman diamond buffers, elma stepped attenuator, jung regulator psu)

Beyer DT531's
Alessandro MS2
Etymotic ER4P (+s converter)

And Robzy, I think it is my dac you want to hear? (as Jazper only has a guzzler usb one) well I got the input selection all working tonight and the only thing not working is the usb input but that should be finished by the meet and if not there is still coax and optical inputs working
I’m real keen to hear this through a good cd player, something with a real good digital out and well built clocks in it as that is next on my DIY list

Oct 15, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #57 of 86
Excellent Dakiller, and others! I am really looking forward to the meet as well.

Heh heh...I just put in a bid for Pink Floyd's tweaked WNA II too, for my PC, since I expect to get flatmates again in the next few months, so I will need one for the closed Beyers. Will the buying madness ever end?!?!
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #58 of 86
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKi][er
And Robzy, I think it is my dac you want to hear?

*slaps forehead*

I did indeed mean your DAC... im trying to decide on my next source (must by DIY of course
wink.gif
) and perhaps if im really nice to you, you might let me borrow your eagle files...?
wink.gif
(Of course, im not sure a TI dac is what im after, hence my need to hear it and whatnot)

In actual fact, it appears everyone has one thing i really really want to hear (Jazper's 5k's and Bosch's HD600 also come to mind straight away).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosch
Heh heh...I just put in a bid for Pink Floyd's tweaked WNA II too, for my PC, since I expect to get flatmates again in the next few months, so I will need one for the closed Beyers. Will the buying madness ever end?!?!
rolleyes.gif

Heh, the amp that has forever mistified me... i see it mentioned every now and then but can never actually find any info on it. Guess this will be my chance.

Anyway, list up top about to be updated...
smily_headphones1.gif

Rob.

Rob.

Oct 17, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #59 of 86
The WNA II Amethyst Gold is shipping!! Pinkie said he thought it sounded better than the GSP Solo. We'll see. The standard kit PSU is not as good as the Solo PSU1 or the Calex that Pinkie used, so at the meet we'll have to try swapping the Slee PSU1 in and out.

I should get the RudiStor NKK-02 today or tomorrow from FedEx.

Oct 19, 2005 at 1:56 PM Post #60 of 86
ah yeah i will have the Voodoochile "Tushi" Modded Toshiba SD-3960 and my old MS-Pros for the meet as well (courtesy of kenny12).

perhaps a DAC and RA-1 clone if I am lucky too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back