Meine AKG K340 elektrostatisch-dynamisches System Kopfhörer sind gerade angekommen!
Jan 27, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #271 of 383
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baycode
Just the most detailed flow of music with the emphasis on the midrange is going through not only to my ears but also to my soul.

Now that is a description of modded K340's if I've ever heard one!
340smile.gif

Nice pictures!

What did you use for the red screening? Larry removed the plastic screening on mine as well and replaced it with acoustically transparent material similar to what they use in speakers.

Jan 27, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #272 of 383
Thanks Philodox. For the red screen I have used a metarial that -in my opinion- is as good as or excels the acoustically transparent material.
Something that I have found by chance as I was ordering a bouquet of roses to my wife for the celebration of our 6th year.
A special metarial to make flower bouquets.
icon10.gif

Right after returning back to home from a special restaurant, roses goes to the vase and the material was cut out for my K340.
Red screen looks sexy doesnt it? It really works too. And it reminds me of a special day!!!

Feb 2, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #273 of 383
There's some NOS K340s up on ebay for those who want them, but they're a little pricey.

[EDIT: removed url in case someone wants to bid on the auction.]

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #274 of 383
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
There's some NOS K340s up on ebay for those who want them, but they're a little pricey.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AKG-Model-k340-K...QQcmdZViewItem

Feck!
I have some spare NOS K340s lying around here.
Seems to be the right time to sell them.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Prices for discontinued AKGs are ridiculously skyrocketing.I've just sold a spare 7 years old K1000 without extension cable for $650.
I had bought them a year ago for less than $300.

About two years ago I've bought the K340s I'm currently using (used, good condition) for less than $40.

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #275 of 383
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Feck!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Prices for discontinued AKGs are ridiculously skyrocketing.I've just sold a spare 7 years old K1000 without extension cable for $650.

About two years ago I've bought the K340s I'm currently using (used, good condition) for less than $40.

Crazy headphone freaks, eh?
orphsmile.gif

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #276 of 383
Quote:

Feck!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Meh, you live in germany, where the k340s are known to sell for way less there on the ebay.de auctions. I wish i lived in germany!!
mad.gif

Feb 2, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #277 of 383
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznsensazian
Meh, you live in germany, where the k340s are known to sell for way less there on the ebay.de auctions. I wish i lived in germany!!
mad.gif

Cheap headphones, grassy fields, and teutonic babes...

Bliss.

Feb 2, 2006 at 2:14 PM Post #278 of 383
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Cheap headphones, grassy fields, and teutonic babes...

Bliss.

Not exactly in that order, the babes are still no. one on my list, and we are more fond of forests than of grass.
The latter is more a dutch speciality, but fortunately the dutch border is just around the corner.

Feb 2, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #280 of 383
I have yet another question about recabling the K340s:

It seems I have to desolder the circuit board from the electret in order to reach the solder points for the wires. Is this how it is done? What makes it even harder if I don't is that the solder points are covered with a piece of tape that doesn't seem to come off that easy (I can't get a good hold of it while it's attached to the electret part).

Feb 2, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #281 of 383
Quote:

Not exactly in that order

Indeed.

Quote:

The latter is more a dutch speciality, but fortunately the dutch border is just around the corner.

With all their "cafes".
orphsmile.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 8:51 AM Post #282 of 383
Quote:

Originally Posted by Epicurean
I have yet another question about recabling the K340s:

It seems I have to desolder the circuit board from the electret in order to reach the solder points for the wires. Is this how it is done? What makes it even harder if I don't is that the solder points are covered with a piece of tape that doesn't seem to come off that easy (I can't get a good hold of it while it's attached to the electret part).

You dont have to desolder the pcb from the electret. Are yours (pcb) attached with 2 screws or just glued? If glued, I have no idea what to do. But otherwise just unsecrew the two screws that holds the pcb in place and the electret with the pcb can come out. Do not give too much force to take them out. You can easily reach the soldering parts after taking out the electret-pcb combo.

Feb 3, 2006 at 1:36 PM Post #283 of 383
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baycode
You dont have to desolder the pcb from the electret. Are yours (pcb) attached with 2 screws or just glued? If glued, I have no idea what to do. But otherwise just unsecrew the two screws that holds the pcb in place and the electret with the pcb can come out. Do not give too much force to take them out. You can easily reach the soldering parts after taking out the electret-pcb combo.

Well here are some pictures so you can see what I'm doing:

As you can see the board is soldered to the electret and the solderpoints of the wires are hidden in there. Am I supposed to just reach in between the board and the electret part? I just wan't to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

Feb 3, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #284 of 383
Ok, I don't know the particulars, but I do know that you want the signal to go through the circuit board for the electret. It wont work otherwise. When people talk about bypassing the circuit board they are talking about the dynamic bass driver. You run the wire straight to the dynamic bass driver and then from there to the circuitboard/electret. Stock it is wired the other way around. Hope that helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #285 of 383
Wow Epicurean, your PCB is completely different than mine. I can see the problem clearly now. But sorry, have no suggestions then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back