Meier Audio Daccord
Feb 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #76 of 715
To add to Rashmushorn's observations, I have a similar setup (Stagedac, Concerto and Classic) with T1 and LCD2.

Unlike Rashmushorn, I find the LCD2 has great synergy with Stagedac + Concerto and even better with Stagedac + Classic.

I like the T1 less with the Concerto or Classic than with my tube amp. So, two experienced head-fiers are split both ways on the synergies!

I think we can conclude the gear is very competent and it all comes down to preference in the end.

Concerning the Daccord - which I have not heard - I expect it to be similar in character to the Stagedac ("excellent") but better, because of Jan's great added attention to jitter reduction.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #77 of 715
I think most people would agree with you AiDee 
normal_smile .gif

Some people do not like T1 because they are too bright. T1's synergy with tube amps satisfies most people I think by adding some punch and weight to the sound. I am a person who to some extreme like bright and analytical sounding headphones / setups. I am not saying the T1+Concerto is VERY bright - but it is a light sounding and transparent and very neutral pairing. What I do notice though is that the T1 do not display the full texture and details with amplifiers that do not have adequate power to drive them - the Concerto has plenty and I would expect the Classic to have that too.

So back to the question a few posts back - as AiDee says it all depends on your taste and maybe the LCD2+Classic might just hit the sweet spot for you 
normal_smile .gif

AiDee I see you have both Concerto and Classic - I envy you that 
normal_smile .gif
 - but if the difference between the two is bigger than I am guessing I might not be able to say anything about the Classic based on what I hear on the Concerto...

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #78 of 715
Hi Rasmushorn :)

I think Concerto and Classic are more alike than different. That said, I hear a large difference. Generally, the Classic has more weight and body. OTOH Jan says the difference is small. No doubt that is true! It depends on the music and mood and time of day whether differences seem large, small or non-existent :wink:

Btw, I agree completely with your description of Concerto. That's how I hear it too.

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #79 of 715
Stupid question:

Where can I find the drivers for usb playback??

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #80 of 715
Here you go

Code:
[size=15px][color=rgb(68, 68, 68)] [color=rgb(0, 104, 207)][url=http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/DACCORDdrivers.zip]http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/DACCORDdrivers.zip[/url][/color][/color][/size]

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #81 of 715
Thanks!
Strange thing I didn't notice them on the Meier page before. Anyway, I've downloaded drivers for CM6631 from elsewhere yesterday. Dac plays fine over usb, up to 192 kHz. 
My question: Are those drivers from Meier page any different? Should I uninstall the previous ones (http://filesresidence.com/File/c8jgecc0o09pg#) and apply the ones you linked?

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #82 of 715
Any more impressions or comparisons? I am about to pull the trigger on this one but would like to hear more impressions. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #83 of 715
Quote:
Thanks!
Strange thing I didn't notice them on the Meier page before. Anyway, I've downloaded drivers for CM6631 from elsewhere yesterday. Dac plays fine over usb, up to 192 kHz. 
My question: Are those drivers from Meier page any different? Should I uninstall the previous ones (http://filesresidence.com/File/c8jgecc0o09pg#) and apply the ones you linked?

Don't think they are on the website. Jan emailed me the link for the drivers. As for the difference I have no idea so can't help you there.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #84 of 715
Dear Lakson,

please don't worry. If your drivers work, then there is no reason to change drivers.

The drivers are not shown on my website but normally are send to people the moment they buy their DACCORD. Not all CM-6631 drivers will work with all CM-6631 devices. It does depend on the firmware-version used.

As AiDee has noticed, the CLASSIC indeed has a little bit more weight and body. However, the CONCERTO is still a very fine amplifier and for people who have one there is no real need to upgrade.

Cheers

Jan

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #85 of 715
One thing I love about Meier Audio is Jan's genuine approach to his customers and kindness. When many manufacturers are trying their best to milk customers, he has said many times that previous owners of Meier products do not "need" to upgrade. I think this speaks volumes about his business and his business ethics. It naturally creates trust between him and the customer. Just for this reason he deserves a big round of applause. I hope you succeed more and more dear Dr. Meier. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #86 of 715
Quote:
One thing I love about Meier Audio is Jan's genuine approach to his customers and kindness. When many manufacturers are trying their best to milk customers, he has said many times that previous owners of Meier products do not "need" to upgrade. I think this speaks volumes about his business and his business ethics. It naturally creates trust between him and the customer. Just for this reason he deserves a big round of applause. I hope you succeed more and more dear Dr. Meier. 

Seconded, hence the reason I've stuck with Meier Audio for so long :)

Feb 11, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #88 of 715
Has anyone tried the daccord on a Linux machine? I own a corda 3move and run an Arch Linux machine. I can configure vlc to directly output to the 3move, however I have not tested if I get bit-prefect playback. I hear huge improvements to the stock soundcard however, so I guess it is configured correctly. I consider buying a DAC that is capable of decoding 24/192 files to try if I hear a difference, and I like Jan's technically reasonable approach to audio, the Daccord beeing thus one of my first considerations. It would be interesting to know if anyone has tried the device with Linux.
Cheers everyone

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #89 of 715
Quote:
Quote:

Seconded, hence the reason I've stuck with Meier Audio for so long :)

Thirded, from personal experience.

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #90 of 715
I picked up a Corda Jazz and a pair of T1s from Jan almost a year ago, and I'm just about ready for an upgrade. I enjoy the research phase and looking at the latest and greatest products on the market in my price range, but in this case since I'm so happy with my Jazz, I'm going to keep it simple and just send Jan a few more bucks for the Daccord/Classic combo. Jan has been a straight shooter with me in my email conversations with him and it will be my pleasure to do business with him again. Can't wait to hear the "stack"!! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back