Meier Audio Daccord
Jul 14, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #678 of 715
IT FINALLY ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Yeah I know… this thread is ancient… (and I‘m still wading through it :smirk:) But well, that about sums it up.

IMG_20200714.jpg

Please excuse the dust and dog hairs, but I‘m busy with listening and can‘t wipe the grin from my face – no time for real wipin‘ :grin:.

Jul 16, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #679 of 715
Yeah I know… this thread is ancient… (and I‘m still wading through it :smirk:) But well, that about sums it up.

IMG_20200714.jpg

Please excuse the dust and dog hairs, but I‘m busy with listening and can‘t wipe the grin from my face – no time for real wipin‘ :grin:.
Are These regular or ff-versions?
What did you pay for the bundle(they are so rare it's hard to gauge the current value)

Jul 17, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #680 of 715
Are These regular or ff-versions?
What did you pay for the bundle(they are so rare it's hard to gauge the current value)

They are the -ff Versions. And I paid the summer sale prices quoted on Jan‘s website. Which are unbelievably low. So they shouldn‘t be that rare, as they are readily available and offer enormous value for the money (even at regular prices.)

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #681 of 715
They are the -ff Versions. And I paid the summer sale prices quoted on Jan‘s website. Which are unbelievably low. So they shouldn‘t be that rare, as they are readily available and offer enormous value for the money (even at regular prices.)
Yeah I just saw that Jan has a few more classics for sale, at first I thought you bought them used.

Jul 26, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #682 of 715
Yeah I know… this thread is ancient… (and I‘m still wading through it :smirk:) But well, that about sums it up

If your want to make this grin in your face go on your nape, i'd advise you to try a good fuse like
https://highend-electronics.com/products/audio-magic-ultimate-premier-beeswax-fuse
on your Classic.
You will instantly get more body, perceive the textures and transcients more easily, and gain impact ( the kicks feel more life-like now )
This, plus aftermarket power cables, a good power strip, and a better than standard wall outlet ( take the best possible ) = expanded grin..

Jul 27, 2020 at 2:14 AM Post #683 of 715
If your want to make this grin in your face go on your nape, i'd advise you to try a good fuse like
https://highend-electronics.com/products/audio-magic-ultimate-premier-beeswax-fuse
on your Classic.
You will instantly get more body, perceive the textures and transcients more easily, and gain impact ( the kicks feel more life-like now )
This, plus aftermarket power cables, a good power strip, and a better than standard wall outlet ( take the best possible ) = expanded grin..

Well, for now I am more than satisfied with the status quo. And I don‘t think those extras are worth their price, especially compared to what a fantastic sound/quality you get at Jan‘s prices.

Aug 3, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #684 of 715

I have the same two products and they have been a trusted companion in my home-office for years now. They have been used daily in the lockdown period lately. Great synergy and very pleasing to listen to with my Beyerdynamic DT-1770 Pro. Transparent and clear sound with tight and fast bass. I use either USB out of my MacBook Pro or sometimes optical. Love it!

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #685 of 715
I have the same two products and they have been a trusted companion in my home-office for years now. They have been used daily in the lockdown period lately. Great synergy and very pleasing to listen to with my Beyerdynamic DT-1770 Pro. Transparent and clear sound with tight and fast bass. I use either USB out of my MacBook Pro or sometimes optical. Love it!

I wish I had time for a daily long listening. Surprisingly I have less time for everything since lockdown:scream:.

Oct 8, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #686 of 715
Im pretty sure I got the bargain of the century a few months back.

I got the Corda Classic (Like new) and a Daccord that wouldn't turn on for $400AU (280US. Someone was selling it on Market place)

I sent to Daccord to Jan to fix....he did the FF upgrade and fixed to small issue.

The Daccord arrived today I have finally listened to the stack and WOW. for a total of $600AU including upgrade I now have an FF Daccord and Corda Classic which aren't for sale anymore.

also Jan is 11/10 for customer service. When postage times become a bit better i'll send my Classic over to Germany for the FF upgrade.

Happy days.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #687 of 715

I got the Corda Classic (Like new) and a Daccord that wouldn't turn on for $400AU (280US. Someone was selling it on Market place)

I sent to Daccord to Jan to fix....he did the FF upgrade and fixed to small issue.

The Daccord arrived today I have finally listened to the stack and WOW. for a total of $600AU including upgrade I now have an FF Daccord and Corda Classic which aren't for sale anymore.

also Jan is 11/10 for customer service. When postage times become a bit better i'll send my Classic over to Germany for the FF upgrade.

Happy days.
The FF Upgrade of the Classic is well worth it.
Still use my Corda Classic until today (actually today I received the first amp to superseed it and that after 8 years)

Jan has excellent customer service, he had a huge impact on how this hobby developed for me.

Oct 8, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #688 of 715

Happy days.

WOW - that was a good price for an excellent DAC. I was so close to selling my Daccord to someone asking for it on a forum. I woke up in the middle of the night and changed my mind. I just cannot find a DAC as this that can handle all the different inputs. I know it is not the newest tech with DSD, MQA etc. but it still just sounds great.

Also, you will get even more sound-value for the money making the Classic to ff than the Daccord.

Oct 9, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #689 of 715
WOW - that was a good price for an excellent DAC. I was so close to selling my Daccord to someone asking for it on a forum. I woke up in the middle of the night and changed my mind. I just cannot find a DAC as this that can handle all the different inputs. I know it is not the newest tech with DSD, MQA etc. but it still just sounds great.

Also, you will get even more sound-value for the money making the Classic to ff than the Daccord.

This Daccord is brilliant....I particularly like that it is just simply pure audio bliss.....no gimmicky settings to play with, no different filters to do your head in....just plug and play. I'm Stoked.

The Classic will be going for FF upgrade when the postage services quicken up a bit....Australia to Germany is a long way haha.

Just so I know I have connected this correctly.

The Corda Classic RCAS go into the Fixed output on the Daccord; and
The Variable outputs are the ones I plug my Active speakers into?

is this the correct way to set it up?

Also there is no audible difference between USB and Coax is there?

thanks alot

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back