Meier Audio Daccord
Mar 24, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #601 of 715
If two DACs produce an audibly different sounding output signal, I'd say either one of them doesn't exactly do a great job of converting the digital signal to analog.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #602 of 715
  If two DACs produce an audibly different sounding output signal, I'd say either one of them doesn't exactly do a great job of converting the digital signal to analog.

So you say, Daccord and Concero are both good DACs and they will be similar sounding.

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #603 of 715
I can't comment on that with certainty because I have heard neither one of them, but I would be inclined to think that they're both very good DAC's indeed.

Mar 30, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #604 of 715
Hi guys. 

Time to give my feedack about the Meier DACCORD vs the Beresford Caiman mkII.

Overally , the build quality of the DACCORD is way better. better case, better connectors, better toroïdal PSU , better USB ( CM6631 vs Tenor7022) better everything. No doubt :wink: . Moreover, the DACCORD offers more features : Crossfeed, Tonal Balance, and preamp on separate RC outputs while the Caïman has only one pair of RCA input and a switch to choose between fixed and variable output.  The Caïman HO is craptastic imo so it doesn't make the Caïman more attractive than the DACCORD. 

About the Sound . I have to be honest and admit that for me all dacs sound really close. So, the differences I 'll relate further are subtle at least but imo noticeable. Consider what i'm saying with a grain of salt . I use purposely hyperbole to explain my feelings. 

The caïman mkII sound softer and more laid-back. It's really a analog and smooth dac. really enjoyable associated with bright amps or headphones  and  IMO one of the best and cheapest option to have this kind of sound. Too much affordable ( and even expensive) dacs sound harsh and unrefined. The Caïman is a way better option.. I Used the Beresford during weeks so I can confirm that it's a non fatiguing yet resolving enough dac . more resolving that a Metrum Octave mkI for example. 

But. Against the DACCORD ,the caïman can't really compete IMO. the DACCORD is more precise, vivid and resolving but still not aggressive or harsh. the soundstage sounds wide with a greater instrument separation. Maybe the Image is not as real as the one provided by the Totaldac.

Right words for the DACCORD are refined, detailed, transparent, precise.

Against my Totaldac, it lacks maybe a bit of weight, slam. The Totaldac sounds a bit more hefty without loosing resolution.  but If I were perfectly Honest, I should keep the DACCORD and sell the TotalDAC. Differences are too subtle to justify the price gap IMO.  Nevertheless, I think my amp is not the most resolving and transparent and it's quite forgiving for the Source. Maybe with a more transparent amp, I could hear more differences between the DACCORD and the TotalDAC (and maybe the DACCORD would prove itself even better ... ) . Dunno.  I really think the diffrences between good dacs is more felt during month of listening than really heard in A/B quick comparison.  As I said previously : Grain of Salt Highly recommended. 

Conclusion : The DACCORD is a great great dac. features, build quality and sound are really top notch. A real reference DAC. Truly impressive. 650€ well spent for sure. 

My DACCORD will go to a friend because I just bought the totaldac so I need funds but I'm not convinced I do the right choice. 

Mar 30, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #605 of 715
Thank you, Sorrodje.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #606 of 715
  Hi guys. 

Time to give my feedack about the Meier DACCORD vs the Beresford Caiman mkII.

Overally , the build quality of the DACCORD is way better. better case, better connectors, better toroïdal PSU , better USB ( CM6631 vs Tenor7022) better everything. No doubt :wink: . Moreover, the DACCORD offers more features : Crossfeed, Tonal Balance, and preamp on separate RC outputs while the Caïman has only one pair of RCA input and a switch to choose between fixed and variable output.  The Caïman HO is craptastic imo so it doesn't make the Caïman more attractive than the DACCORD. 

About the Sound . I have to be honest and admit that for me all dacs sound really close. So, the differences I 'll relate further are subtle at least but imo noticeable. Consider what i'm saying with a grain of salt . I use purposely hyperbole to explain my feelings. 

The caïman mkII sound softer and more laid-back. It's really a analog and smooth dac. really enjoyable associated with bright amps or headphones  and  IMO one of the best and cheapest option to have this kind of sound. Too much affordable ( and even expensive) dacs sound harsh and unrefined. The Caïman is a way better option.. I Used the Beresford during weeks so I can confirm that it's a non fatiguing yet resolving enough dac . more resolving that a Metrum Octave mkI for example. 

But. Against the DACCORD ,the caïman can't really compete IMO. the DACCORD is more precise, vivid and resolving but still not aggressive or harsh. the soundstage sounds wide with a greater instrument separation. Maybe the Image is not as real as the one provided by the Totaldac.

Right words for the DACCORD are refined, detailed, transparent, precise.

Against my Totaldac, it lacks maybe a bit of weight, slam. The Totaldac sounds a bit more hefty without loosing resolution.  but If I were perfectly Honest, I should keep the DACCORD and sell the TotalDAC. Differences are too subtle to justify the price gap IMO.  Nevertheless, I think my amp is not the most resolving and transparent and it's quite forgiving for the Source. Maybe with a more transparent amp, I could hear more differences between the DACCORD and the TotalDAC (and maybe the DACCORD would prove itself even better ... ) . Dunno.  I really think the diffrences between good dacs is more felt during month of listening than really heard in A/B quick comparison.  As I said previously : Grain of Salt Highly recommended. 

Conclusion : The DACCORD is a great great dac. features, build quality and sound are really top notch. A real reference DAC. Truly impressive. 650€ well spent for sure. 

My DACCORD will go to a friend because I just bought the totaldac so I need funds but I'm not convinced I do the right choice. 

I may swap out the Classic eventually but the DACCORD is really special, nice review!

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #607 of 715
I have the Daccord for nearly a 1.5 years now as my secondary DAC (I use it when my primary DAC - AGD NFB 7 is being used by the family for watching movies etc). I never tried the Crossfeed function till now (maybe had a mental block against adding any extra processing). I tried it today with HD 800 on Glenn's OTL amp. The effect is quite subtle, adds slight bit of depth to the sound stage IMO. Very Cool. Will keep the Crossfeed  permanently on now.

Apr 11, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #608 of 715
Haha, exactly the same thing happened to me. When I got my Stagedac I didn't use its crossfeed for a long time. Then when I tried it just for the heck of it for a long period of time (as in, about a day) I forgot to turn it off. And when I did turn it off, the music sounded different, apparently I got used to the crossfeed and prefer it that way. 

Apr 12, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #609 of 715
  I have the Daccord for nearly a 1.5 years now as my secondary DAC (I use it when my primary DAC - AGD NFB 7 is being used by the family for watching movies etc). I never tried the Crossfeed function till now (maybe had a mental block against adding any extra processing). I tried it today with HD 800 on Glenn's OTL amp. The effect is quite subtle, adds slight bit of depth to the sound stage IMO. Very Cool. Will keep the Crossfeed  permanently on now.

Haha, exactly the same thing happened to me. When I got my Stagedac I didn't use its crossfeed for a long time. Then when I tried it just for the heck of it for a long period of time (as in, about a day) I forgot to turn it off. And when I did turn it off, the music sounded different, apparently I got used to the crossfeed and prefer it that way. 

beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #610 of 715
Hi

Anyone has the experience of compare the Daccord with the Asus Essence one Muses edition in terms of components and sound style?
Which is the best?

I´m in doubt in which one i will buy.

Thanks

May 17, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #613 of 715
I spoke with Jan a few days ago...he probably just is out of town or on vacation. He always comes back :)

What are you guys gonna buy? 

May 17, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #614 of 715
The Munich High End show just ended. I would guess he was at that show. it is the largest audio show in the world.

May 18, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #615 of 715
  The Munich High End show just ended. I would guess he was at that show. it is the largest audio show in the world.

Knowing Jan that would actually surprise me... its just holidays I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back