Meier Audio Daccord
Feb 19, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #406 of 715
+1 on the silver, makes me want to swap my black one now.

I haven't updated any drivers since I've had my Daccord

Did you set the USB 2.0 High Speed True Audio as the default device?

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #407 of 715
  Finally got it, freakin' input switch on the amp. I swore I switched and tested previously. Argh, want to listen to tunes but must sleep.

I was just about to ask you that. I had the same thing happening to me last week, when I remembered I used a different input earlier. Stupid huh
rolleyes.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #412 of 715
In the middle of playing, I got a USB Device Malfunction error and it stopped working. After testing with various alternative USB cords and computers, no luck. Waiting for instruction from Jan, but I'll likely have to ship all the way back to Germany. Stinks.

Feb 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #414 of 715
I wish. I tried it on two different computers at home and two at work, and various USB cords, no luck.

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #415 of 715
Wow, never heard of such a thing on a Meier product. Really sorry, FnB, hope you get it resolved quickly!!

Random thought: do you have a USB-to-SPDIF converter around, even a crappy one? Might be good for diagnostics and getting some audio until you nail down the problem, anyway. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #416 of 715
I tested on a friend's Mac this morning, and confirmed the USB does not work. I did test the optical digital connection, and that works, however I do not have an optical/digital output on home machine, and I would want this fixed/replaced either way, so it's off to Germany for another 20 day journey. Sigh.

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #417 of 715
  I tested on a friend's Mac this morning, and confirmed the USB does not work. I did test the optical digital connection, and that works, however I do not have an optical/digital output on home machine, and I would want this fixed/replaced either way, so it's off to Germany for another 20 day journey. Sigh.

Germany is a nice place. Take the kit there! Jan is at Spardorf, not too far from Nürnberg. Great food, great beer, beautiful towns...
regular_smile .gif

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #418 of 715

I'm jealous of your dac now...I'd love to go to the homeland! :D

I know it's a pain in the butt to send something back, especially overseas, but Jan will take care of you. It's a very rare thing to hear about a Meier product having an issue, so just wear it as a badge of honor lol

Feb 28, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #419 of 715
Headfonia released there Daccord and Corda Classic review, for those who are interested in finally reading something more of the Meier gear on the www

http://www.headfonia.com/meier-audio-daccord-corda-classic/

Feb 28, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #420 of 715
  Headfonia released there Daccord and Corda Classic review, for those who are interested in finally reading something more of the Meier gear on the www

http://www.headfonia.com/meier-audio-daccord-corda-classic/

Thanks for posting that. That's one of my least favorite sites, and I have a completely different approach to audio than they do, but I'm glad that they at least made sense this time. The last review they did - the one that is cited at the beginning of this review - was just absurd, IMO, and I don't blame Jan one bit for being apprehensive about providing additional samples for review. 

Even with this review, my own assessment of Jan's top combo differs from theirs, but at least they hit on some commonalities. For example, it was very apparent from early on that the Daccord was the star of this show. To take nothing away from the Classic, Jan designed a fantastic DAC...one that will have a very lengthy tenure as my reference dac. 

As for the amp, I don't know their definition of "dynamic", but apparently it differs from mine. I agree 100% that Jan's amp is nearly perfectly neutral with not even a subtle emphasis one way or the other - and that's how I roll. But this amp is most CERTAINLY dynamic. I suspect that maybe he left it in the low gain setting when he was listening to his LCD-2s, I don't know, but when I had the 2s in here the Classic drove the balls out of them. As Frank I has also mentioned lately, it's also a ridiculously good pairing with the Audeze LCD-Xs. There is no limitation in dynamics whatsoever with this amp. 

But anyway, at least Jan can probably feel as if his gear was treated more fairly this time around...but I have no doubt that Frank I's review will be a more accurate representation of the Meier's brilliance. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back