1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meet the Sennheiser HD 820

First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. talan7
    The HD800 needs improvement in the bass. For sennheiser to make a closed back version of the HD800 and not improve the bass, if that’s what they’ve actually done, then I think they made a mistake. By improved I mean more subass and bass. I could see HD800 owners owning both if that’s the case but not both if they sound exactly the same. What could’ve been cool is a closed HD820 with a variable bass dial like the HD 630DB. That way people could tailor the bass to their tastes.

Wilashort likes this.
  2. raypin
    Mm...from Unbox Therapy:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  3. flargosa
    Yes the HD800 definitely needs more bass, that is the first thing I noticed with mine a few years back when I owned it. Also voices sounded dry and the treble was too bright. The soundstage was unnaturally wide, but I guess that is a plus for many. I couldn’t enjoy the music with it’s presentation. Even plugged to my Lyr tube amp. I hope the sound signature of the 820 is the HD650 with the resolution of the HD800.

4. George Taylor
    I enjoy watching that channel, but it's not exactly the first place I go for headphone information.

5. Dobrescu George
    Totally my feelings.

It is as bad as going to Linus for actual hardware advice :darthsmile:

Not that I don't like to watch Linus videos, just not take advice from there :floatsmile:

Tennessee likes this.
  6. Nudel
    They did it... again... Damn it!!
    First they've came up with the HD800 so I bought one... They are fantastic... I was happy... then they shows HD800s... I thought to myself oh ****!
    And now this? the HD820... God Damn it Sennheiser :)

Wilashort and Dobrescu George like this.
  7. Nudel
    Ok one more final question... Did the cushions from 820 will fit the 800? Anyone knows?

8. Dobrescu George
    I want to know this as well @Sennheiser

9. trellus
    If they did, I suspect it would have a significant impact on the sound, and possibly not a good one.

10. Maelob
    Agree, but the video is helpful enough as far as first impressions - like the Bass comment

11. HeadStrong
    moedawg140 and DekoniAudio like this.
  12. volly
    Here's another, you get a quick look of the HD820.

Check out them pads!!

raypin and trellus like this.
  13. raypin
    Mm...yeah, I noticed the thicker pads. Canjam New York 2018 is upcoming. We ll surely have better listening impressions from fellow headfiers.

volly likes this.
  14. Nudel
  15. Redcarmoose
    ..........anyone else who thinks they have a complaint about the new headphones price?

.............I suggest they get a new job.

Hifiearspeakers likes this.
First

Back
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last