1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meet the Sennheiser HD 820

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. Hifiearspeakers
    170597E9-F7B9-4260-AB54-0BC70CAD7086.gif

2. Dobrescu George
  3. Beagle
    It's a headphone forum. Lots of different opinions.

George Taylor likes this.
  4. Sp12er3
    Oh my.... This high traffic, early price complaint, open Vs closed, full of debate is reminding me of Z1R's early thread again... Please do stop the incessant useless arguing (or it will be locked, like Z1R's) and let the headphone speak of itself first. Sooner or later everyone will have their own opinion to share, only then proper discussion can start IMO :)

5. m8o
    Anyone hear them yet?

6. thatonenoob
    Just hold your horses and watch the resale price is all. Though 2.4k is quite a bit.

gelocks and raypin like this.
  7. raypin
    Mm...which is why I am amused by the price comments. If the 2399 eur usd price is too high for you, wait for the pre-owned prices to appear. Case in point is the Focal Utopia. Very good prices now, some of them in mint condition. Same with the Z1R. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I figure around late 2018 or early 2019 would be a good time to bargain hunt the 820s.

8. Whazzzup
    Boxing Day sale 2018 looks good for me

raypin likes this.
  9. Beagle
    This is an "opening" thread. It's meant for excitement, speculation, complaints, whatever. When the time comes and the HD820 has been shown around and heard by a few people, there will be a separate thread for that.

10. raypin

Mm...seems no headfi.org member attended CES 2018.

11. flargosa
    Why must all show praise and enthusiasm, this isn’t a fan club is it? And certainly not all of us belong to the 1% who can easily justify spending $2k - $4k on headphones. Well anyway, I hope it sounds fuller than the HD800.

George Taylor likes this.
  12. Hifiearspeakers
    Anyone is free to criticize, IF they’ve actually heard them first. It’s stupid to throw out all this criticism of their price point BEFORE anyone has heard them. Especially when a vocal critic just dropped $3000 for a different pair of headphones and then has the audacity to criticize the price of these...

VandyMan likes this.
  13. flargosa
    At more than double the price of the HD800, I hope it’s not just 2% - 3% better or similar with a close headphone sound signature.

14. gLer
    At this level, you’re only getting minor “improvements” for your money. Wouldn’t be surprised if it matches or only slightly improves on the HD800 sound. The price difference comes down to new design, different use case, R&D, marketing, and maybe a different flavour. It hardly ever comes down to better sound quality. We’re already at near maximum as far as that’s concerned.

15. Hifiearspeakers
    That’s pretty solid. Diminishing returns kicks in hard after you’ve heard the quality of the 800/800S. But if it even matches the quality of the 800S with a closed design, that’s something that has never been done before. In fact, I can’t even find an open back that can compete with the 800/800S soundstage other than my HEK, which costs quite a bit more.

trellus likes this.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last