MEElectronics M6 Review
Apr 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #421 of 563
I've been having a lot of trouble getting my M6's to fit/sound right. I need the triple or double flanges for them to seal correctly, but I think the flange is being pinched, making the sound more muffled. IT sounds pretty hollow/echoing in the mids, like through a tube. Bass is BOOMY, I need to turn it down below 50 hz substantially. I've been playing with the EQ a lot, I can make it sound a little better, but overall a little disappointed. They were cheap, but except for the poor bass, I think my super cheap Kanon ear canal phones sound better balanced. My cheap Senheisser supra-aural headphones eh-150s sound much better overall.

Anyone else experiencing this muffled sound? Are foam tips better for this? Considering buying comply tips, but they are as expensive as the headphones themselves (which is plain old stupid).

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #423 of 563
Just curious, does anyone else notice a change in the treble when turning their head? I have started to notice that when I look up or to one side the treble from the left earpiece all but disappears. I am pretty sure it caused by fit issue probably due to small ears. Any thoughts or fixes? (I generally use small Sony Hybrids.)

May 1, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #424 of 563
@cnhardwick, I have the same issue, i'm curious wheiter there's a cure for this. I just got the m6 and I am running some pink- and whitenoise through them. First impressions were not very good: Muffled sound and the bass to dominant within the soundspectrum. I've never been a believer of burn-in. This wil be a very interesting burn-in "research-project" for me 
wink.gif

May 14, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #425 of 563
I actually gonna go for Hippo Pearl then I see M6 in local forum in my country for sale so I go for it. I like the sound, its much much warmer than my previous SoundMagic PL20 (v-shaped sound) while still maintaining enough bass and treble for my taste.Quote:
Just curious, does anyone else notice a change in the treble when turning their head? I have started to notice that when I look up or to one side the treble from the left earpiece all but disappears. I am pretty sure it caused by fit issue probably due to small ears. Any thoughts or fixes? (I generally use small Sony Hybrids.)

Yes I notice it too! And if you didn't place them on the right spot, the sound signature will become warmer (the treble will reduced greatly).

May 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #426 of 563
An update on the disappearing highs problem: I decided to try the small single flanges that come with the UE TripleFi 10 despite the fact that they are a little big for the M6 nozzle. Much to my surprise they seem to fix the problem for me. I wonder if it is because they have a wider opening than the Hybrids and stock tips? Regardless, it does seems to confirm that is just a fit issue. The problem now is that they do tend to fall off since they are too big.

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #427 of 563
Hey m a newbie here...
Just got my Mee M6 (Black)... and i'm disappointed to say the least. The bass is boomy, sound muffled, sound-separation poor and the highs unclear and a bit tinny. :frowning2:
Oh.. I miss my PL-30!

Do you guys think burn-in wud help? I remember my PL-30 didnt sound this bad out of the box.. infact they were good and only got better with some burn in!
Have I run into a fake piece?

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #428 of 563
well, M6 has different sound-signature than PL-30. PL30 is a very airy and detailed IEM, while still maintaining lush forward vocal. On the other hand, M6 has laid-back signature, with some spike in treble (some people found this spike annoying) and bigger bass than PL30. M6 bass isn't very controlled, different with PL30 bass which punchy and controlled, but M6 bass is deeper. Soundstage and separation wise, PL30 is one of the best in its price bracket. M6, while have decent sound-stage (or head-stage for that matter) for IEM (I actually found M6 sound-stage better than my now dead PL20) just couldn't match the separation of PL30.
Maybe the sound-signature of M6 just didn't match to your taste :D

Jun 19, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #429 of 563
Hmm.. well I think I'm gonna burn them in a little... say about 20hrs, and then see if there's a change.
With the kind of sound I hear from them now, I cant believe how they could have garnered such rave reviews from almost everywhere!

But a word of praise on their build quality which I think is excellent - the wire seems durable and the connections secure. The PL30 didnt have much to boast about on that front - no wonder mine are dead due to loose connection in the left earpiece.

Jun 19, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #430 of 563
One my friend has a portable recorder Tascam and he using him as his portable player everyday and everywhere.
Tascam (dr-06 or 07, i don't remember) sounds like amped iPod, so SQ is very good.
He prefer M6 more than Shure SE535 on his music (classical rock and little jazz, such as Queen, Pink Floyd, Guns'n'Roses, slow hits of Metallica, etc ).
535 are very great but not so good on a not hard styles of music.
One opinion for future users:)

Jun 21, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #432 of 563
OK... after around 20hrs burn-in.. the mids have recessed slightly but are still more prominent than other frequencies.
The sound stage is still nothing great, and the warmth is just not there :frowning2:

Maybe yeah.. they aren't my kind.

But here's a development - I mailed ME Elec about this, and here's the response I got:

Thanks for contacting MEElectronics and sorry about the issues with your M6. It definitely sounds like your unit is defective – the M6 is well-known for having recessed mids and heavy bass/treble emphasis. I do not think burn-in will remedy the issue....

Please let me know your mailing address and I will send you a black M6 via USPS First Class International mail

So I'm getting a new one for myself!!! :D :D :D

Jun 25, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #434 of 563
E: Somewhat solved. I was probably hearing the treble mentioned in earlier posts. Now going to tka e the time to burn in and get some Sony Hybrids.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #435 of 563

Quote:
OK... after around 20hrs burn-in.. the mids have recessed slightly but are still more prominent than other frequencies.
The sound stage is still nothing great, and the warmth is just not there :frowning2:

Maybe yeah.. they aren't my kind.

But here's a development - I mailed ME Elec about this, and here's the response I got:

Thanks for contacting MEElectronics and sorry about the issues with your M6. It definitely sounds like your unit is defective – the M6 is well-known for having recessed mids and heavy bass/treble emphasis. I do not think burn-in will remedy the issue....

Please let me know your mailing address and I will send you a black M6 via USPS First Class International mail

So I'm getting a new one for myself!!! :D :D :D

Let us know how it goes, where do you live? I think that shipment it's gonna take a while, that kind has no tracking by default either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back