MEElectronics M6 Review
Sep 21, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #332 of 563

Quote:
I've already had them and I want something different. I'm looking at the Thinksound Rain for now, would they be somewhat different from the PL50?

Somewhat, yes. Not as thick and creamy but still plenty detailed. There's also the new TS02 which is warmer and smoother than the Rains and generally has a more bottom-leaning balance.

Sep 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #333 of 563

Quote:

Somewhat, yes. Not as thick and creamy but still plenty detailed. There's also the new TS02 which is warmer and smoother than the Rains and generally has a more bottom-leaning balance.

And the Rains would somewhat be more "fun" than the PL50 right? And yeah, is the new TS02 available without a mic? Unfortunately, I've no use for that. Thanks!

Sep 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #334 of 563
Depends on what you consider fun. For me - yes - the rains are a little crisper and have more sparkle, which is always fun.

Not sure about TS02 without a mic - they were just released a few weeks ago. I've got no use for a mic either but it doesn't really get in the way.

Sep 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #335 of 563
incredible IEM at £20!
bought mine last week with the 25% discount coupon ended up paying £20 inclusive shipping!
1st of all, the customer is tiptop rated, they are very responsive and very helpful! they might running 24hours customer service working basis!
shipping was very quick! not even a week times and it arrived at the door step from US to UK!
my 1st impression was not very happy by judging at the packaging, it doesnt look very nice and so....accessories are pretty impressive, got tips and the airline jack, pretty cool! the only thing that i dont like is the memory wire, it just didnt fit right on my ears and dont feel comfortable finally got it removed by using a small cutter 
to be honest! when i 1st listening to the M6, i was very sad and tot that i got a wrong IEM because the mid and high are definitely unacceptable, the bass are pretty impressive. was using Mariah Carey - Makin' It Last All Night for the SQ testing. tot that will need to get rid of it and get the DBA-02! well, friends suggested to get it run for about 25hours and try it out if the SQ has improve!? well, got it ran for about 30hours and the result was absolutely incredible! i was so impress by the quality of sound that coming out from my m6! bass are deep and solid! mid and high has been improve dramatically and it's ready to go! the sound stage is wider than i expect! 100% worth to try it out if u are looking for a budget IEM!!

got it compared with my SHURE SE102, UE SuperFi4! i think M6 beats them and it deserves it, way better than 'em!!

Sep 25, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #336 of 563
Not to mention excellent with classical / orchestra music... I was impressed when I listened to Vitamin String Quartet on them. Has anyone else noticed a big difference between amped / unamped? They sound much better coming from my udac than my iphone 3g...

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #339 of 563
The seller that stocked them in the past seems to have stopped selling electronics and related items. 

Quote:
Does anyone have a link to those Vsonic foam tips you guys were talking about? Some people said they went for like $2 at ebay, I can't find them there though...

Oct 18, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #340 of 563
I just received my replacement pair of M6's and I must say I'm quite impressed with them.  I originally bought them as my knock around/beach IEM's and after reading all of the positive reviews, I tried to keep my expectations grounded.  I was disappointed when my first pair arrived defective, but I'm impressed by the level of customer service that Meelec offers.  A new pair was sent immediately and quickly (2 days).  All that aside, I can't help but smile with these in my ears.  They are comfortable, look great and sound fantastic.  I don't mind the memory wire and the cable itself is impressive at this price point.

As most will notice, my current arsenal is made up of some very fun, bassy, U or V shaped IEM's.  These fit nicely in my line up.  I'm currently using the triple flange tips, which will inevitably change as I can feel my canals starting to itch.  The highs are tamed with the tri-flanges, but the mids and bass are excellent.  My pop music playlist is thumping through these little gems as I type this.  I miss the sparkle of the standard tips and I'll be swapping them back and forth until a solution is found.  In the meantime, I'll listen to them for the rest of the night, experimenting with the various tips I have on hand and wait for the M9 balanced tips to arrive. 

I will say this based on my initial impression, for the price they would be tough to beat for a "fun" sounding, cool looking, wear anywhere and not care IEM.

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #341 of 563
fyi, tri-flanges have the effect of accentuating  and extending the treble/highs, not taming it. Whenever I need more clarity, I always go to my tri-flanges and that's on the ER4S, super.fi 5 pro, super.fi 3, cx300, etc, etc. 

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #342 of 563

Quote:
fyi, tri-flanges have the effect of accentuating  and extending the treble/highs, not taming it. Whenever I need more clarity, I always go to my tri-flanges and that's on the ER4S, super.fi 5 pro, super.fi 3, cx300, etc, etc. 

That depends.  The M6 tri flanges have an aperture that is slightly narrower than the sound tube.  The other M6 tips are a bit larger so they let treble flow freer in this case.

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #343 of 563

Quote:

I wish that were the case for my ears, but it's not. The deeper penetration has the opposite effect on the highs for me.  I've had the same experience with both of my Westone's, the ER-4P's, MTPC's, TF10's and now the M6's.  I'm not sure if it's due to the shape or length, (or lack there of) of my canals but the tri-flange tips attenuate the top end. As they say: Your Mileage May Vary..  

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #344 of 563
strange! My experience is totally opposite. Interesting!

BTW, I can't wait to get my pair of M6's. I ordered extra triflanges. Hopefully they will increase the treble. I am treble happy.

Quote:
I wish that were the case for my ears, but it's not. The deeper penetration has the opposite effect on the highs for me.  I've had the same experience with both of my Westone's, the ER-4P's, MTPC's, TF10's and now the M6's.  I'm not sure if it's due to the shape or length, (or lack there of) of my canals but the tri-flange tips attenuate the top end. As they say: Your Mileage May Vary..  

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #345 of 563

Quote:
strange! My experience is totally opposite. Interesting!

BTW, I can't wait to get my pair of M6's. I ordered extra triflanges. Hopefully they will increase the treble. I am treble happy.

Yeah, unfortunately that's why I couldn't keep the ER4P's.  As much as I loved their detail and clarity, the triple flanges just didn't work for me.  I had to constantly find the sweet spot (depth wise).  I ended up using Olives on them and that pretty much took away most of what made the Ety's sound so good.  The few moments of aurvana I was able to coax from them was surpassed by the frustration with the fit.  I had already given my Klipsch S4's away to a friend so I wasn't able to try those tips.  If I had to do it all over again, I would have spent more time experimenting with tips.  But, either way they would have been used sparingly, I discovered along the way my preferred sound is over on the "Dark Side" (aka bassy, fun) which is where you're headed with the M6's my friend.  Enjoy.  Oh and keep in mind these EQ pretty well should you need a little boost on the "Light Side"  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back