MEElectronics M6 Review
Aug 24, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #316 of 563
Glasses might have been the culprit for me as well. I don't like the ES cable because of it but thankfully the memory wire is short so it ends around where it starts getting to the ear.

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #318 of 563
Well, I just ordered the iM-590 along with a Cowon S9 (as well as PortaPros for my brother). Hope it'll make me happy. I didn't get the M6, since it wasn't in stock and it would take them about 6 days to receive them on amazon.

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #319 of 563

Quote:
Stupid raven :frowning2:
Seriously, Poe is so depressing. Not like the M6, the M6 spreads joy :)

Depressing?? Odd indeed.
But sure, I can see how the M6 might uplift the spirits, like a fine Amontillado.

shane

Aug 25, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #320 of 563
That's just my interpretation. IMO, everyone understands a poem differently, and leave it with different feelings. That's what's so wonderful about poetry, it changes for different people. The M6 are very wonderful iems, and are very industrious workers(as in they are designed for performance, right down to the strain reliefs). However, I feel the M9 are better suited towards people who don't want to sacrifice style for quality.
Sorry if my "stupid raven" comment offended any of Poe's fans.

Aug 25, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #321 of 563

Quote:
That's just my interpretation. IMO, everyone understands a poem differently, and leave it with different feelings. That's what's so wonderful about poetry, it changes for different people. The M6 are very wonderful iems, and are very industrious workers(as in they are designed for performance, right down to the strain reliefs). However, I feel the M9 are better suited towards people who don't want to sacrifice style for quality.
Sorry if my "stupid raven" comment offended any of Poe's fans.

I'll be able to test out the M6 when I visit my nephews for Thanksgiving. Until then... I'll just have to wonder. Unless they drop to $20 again somewhere and I just may pick them up.

As for the Poe references... no worries. I actually thought you were joking. Besides... I didn't write them.  Or did I ? 
ph34r.gif

wink_face.gif

shane

Aug 25, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #322 of 563
Mark,

Thanks for the review.  I purchased the M6 based on your review (and the gorgeous pix!).  Once I was able to get a decent seal, the M6 were quite impressive.  I ended up using the double flange tips that came with my RE2.  I'm just getting started and it is nice to hear several different sound signatures in IEM.  The M6 deserve a spot in my current lineup (RE2, ER4P, SR60i, HD202).

Mr. Yabai

beyersmile.png

Sep 20, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #327 of 563
The M6 is more in the "fun" territory right? What other sub-50 IEMs would be great companions with these? I would be ordering two pairs and I have set these as the first pair, what about the second pair? I think I would want it to be a little bit opposite to these, let it be a bit detailed and laid back. Thanks!

Sep 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #329 of 563
What's a step up for the M6? I like them, more detailed than the M9... but they sound a little conjested/muffled to me, and the sound stage is smallish. Of course... it could be the stock tips... has anyone noticed a change in sq when switching to different tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back