MEElectronics M6 Review
Feb 7, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #121 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by expresado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
coz of memory wire breaked in the middle i decided to remove it, but small answer. Should i remove this whole thing or just cut everythink before that ?
1562539016.jpg

Isn't that the strain relief?

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #122 of 563
It's possible to pull out the copper wire with some force--it's held to the inside of the strain relief with a bit of glue. It shouldn't damage them in any way (at least, not on mine) but you can cut it instead if you're wary.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #123 of 563
Yeah, I just yanked it with some pliers and it came out. Then I carefully trimmed the heatshrink leaving a little bit extra past the strain relief. In the picture there that's the strain relief though. I'd leave it intact even if its already cracked.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #124 of 563
there are already some cracks in housing near place where cable come in, so I dont want to use some force, so should I cut this plast or just cut it around and let there that small piece of memory wire inside ?

Feb 7, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #125 of 563
Try to hold the strain relief with your fingers so it doesn't get ripped more and pull on the wire with some pliers. It required very little force for me.

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #126 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I just yanked it with some pliers and it came out. Then I carefully trimmed the heatshrink leaving a little bit extra past the strain relief. In the picture there that's the strain relief though. I'd leave it intact even if its already cracked.

I was actually able to pull the heatshrink out with it. Saved me the trouble of trimming.
beerchug.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #128 of 563
Quote:

Try to hold the strain relief with your fingers so it doesn't get ripped more and pull on the wire with some pliers. It required very little force for me.

+1, worked great, thank you
smily_headphones1.gif
now its all done, cracks are small like before
o2smile.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #130 of 563
Quote:

Oh also, the M6 should soon be shipping in the new clear packaging. The best part is that Meelec has gone back to the clamshell hardcase (the one that has always been included wtih the M9) with the new revision, not the useless synthetic pouch thingy they've been using with the M6/M11/R1.

Pic of new packaging vs old:

meelectronicsm9newoldpa.jpg

Dammit, I wanted that clamshell case

Quote:

Originally Posted by expresado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please everyone post your favourite custom EQ (pics preffered) for Ai-M6

4376066455_4a91092a04_o.jpg

Feb 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #131 of 563
Quote:

Oh also, the M6 should soon be shipping in the new clear packaging. The best part is that Meelec has gone back to the clamshell hardcase (the one that has always been included wtih the M9) with the new revision, not the useless synthetic pouch thingy they've been using with the M6/M11/R1.

Pic of new packaging vs old:

meelectronicsm9newoldpa.jpg

I contacted MEElec's customer service yesterday and asked when the M6 with the new packaging and clamshell hardcase would be available. They told me that the new version would begin shipping out this weekend, which is great news for me as a prospective buyer of this model.

Stupid question for you guys:
Since the updated M6 package with the hardcase is available starting this weekend on MEElec's website, does that also mean that the major third party suppliers like Amazon, Newegg, and Buy.com will have the new ones right away as well? Or should I assume that those suppliers are going to need a few weeks or more to get rid of their supply of "older" models with the non-clear packaging and soft carry pouch?

What about Overstock.com? They currently carry the M6 with the old packaging and soft carry pouch, but how long do you think it'll be before they have the new version with the hardcase?

The reason I ask is because I can probably get these earphones for a cheaper price at one of those third party sites (especially the ones with free shipping) than at MEElec's own website.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #132 of 563
I'm going to take a guess that the older shops would want to sell off their old stock first.

Talk to them and I'm sure they'll do something for you, price match etc. Can't beat the support ordering direct anyway really.

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #135 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yamas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone ordered from Amazon recently and can confirm the hardshell case is shipping?

Every time I've checked amazon.com for the M6, it hasn't been in stock. No idea what the situation is with them.

I contacted newegg.com (they have the M6 for $35.99 with free shipping, which is the cheapest I could find anywhere), but they refused to tell me whether the new package with the hardshell case is available. I tried asking them if they had a target date when the new version would be shipped out or if I could make a special request for the hard case, but they stuck with their canned response (paraphrased): "We have no control over what version gets shipped out and have absolutely no way of checking which ones are in stock."

Right...
rolleyes.gif

What they really meant to say was, "Yeah, we have a bunch of the M6 earphones with the soft pouches, but we need to get rid of them first before we can sell the ones with the hard cases. So we're going to stay mum on this until all of the old stock is gone."

Now, I totally understand their stance from a business perspective, but I wish they'd been a little bit more upfront with me rather than insult my intelligence by beating around the bush.

For what it's worth, I contacted overstock.com, and they confirmed that the only version they have is the one with the soft pouch. Of course, they only sell companies' excess merchandise, so there's no telling if/when they'll be getting the M6 with the hard case.

The only website that is definitely shipping out the new M6 package is MEElec.com. $39.99 + shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back