MEElectronics M6 Review
Jan 28, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #106 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i might have been trying to put them in too deep..but with the olives its a lot better. i dont hear that sound as much now. if i push on the earphone into my ear when its on i hear a noise that kinda sounds like a pen clicking. its probably me just putting them in wrong..

now time to burn them in as i dont think the previous owner had many hours on it :]

This is definitely an issue with the right earphone of my new pair. I hear a crinkling sound right after achieving a good seal.
The treble signature of the right earphone will also momentarily open up, revealing more detail and a greater sense of space when I push in on it after it’s achieved a good seal. Frustratingly, that clarity…or slight accentuation, however you choose to perceive it, disappears as soon as I remove my finger. It also creates a sort of “swishing” sound effect as I add and remove pressure.
Maybe it has something to do with deflection between the driver, the sound canal and the shape of my ear. I never had this problem with my Atrios, but their sound canal is half the diameter of the M6s and as such, is probably more difficult to misalign. Having owned a few different IEMs, I’m no stranger to tip tweaking, but this has me pretty baffled.

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #107 of 563
I had the same problem with a pair of new-cabled M9s, so it may be a defective driver issue. Maybe some drivers flex too much and produce that annoying crackling noise. It's sad to hear it happened in better models like the M6, although I should have imagined that given that they share drivers...

Jan 29, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #111 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark6.190059 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is definitely an issue with the right earphone of my new pair. I hear a crinkling sound right after achieving a good seal.
The treble signature of the right earphone will also momentarily open up, revealing more detail and a greater sense of space when I push in on it after it’s achieved a good seal. Frustratingly, that clarity…or slight accentuation, however you choose to perceive it, disappears as soon as I remove my finger. It also creates a sort of “swishing” sound effect as I add and remove pressure.
Maybe it has something to do with deflection between the driver, the sound canal and the shape of my ear. I never had this problem with my Atrios, but their sound canal is half the diameter of the M6s and as such, is probably more difficult to misalign. Having owned a few different IEMs, I’m no stranger to tip tweaking, but this has me pretty baffled.

Most likely a defective driver. Sounds like the neutral position of the membrane is only achieved under pressure, which isn't right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckchan526 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is the new-cabled m9 compare to this m6 in term of sq?

The M9 still isn't quite there. It's a bit too boomy, could use some more low-end control. And it doesn't have the positioning down as well as the M6. Drivers are shared but the housings make quite a difference.

On a related note I have to say that there is some variation between individual models of the Meelec earphones. I think of the 5 Meelec M9's I've been through, my original busted-up M9P with the old cable sounded best. My two new ones sound identical though so perhaps consistency has been reached,

Feb 2, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #112 of 563
well i recieved my M6's today and have had about an hour playing with them.

i am struggling to get a good seal which i think may be down to the copper wire causing uncomfort.

im using the small tips as i think i have small ear canals.

initial thoughts are they are good. sound very clear. the bass on the cx300's i had distorted. these dont although i think it lacks slightly in the bas department (could be due to the seal issues)

im hoping after some burn in the bass will get better (deeper).

overall i am impressed.

what is the best way to insert them?

I start with cable facing forward and then twist backwards. is this right??

Feb 5, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #113 of 563
Just received my M6s today, and UGH! Right off the bat there's a problem, the outer shell of the housing for one of the IEMs is extremely loose. It fell off before I was even able to put it in my ear. I'm not sure I want to super glue it, I'll probably send it back to get it replaced, but I have to do some sound tests first... I'm just really bummed by receiving a dud.

Also, there was a single extra clear tip in the package, sort of strange.

Feb 6, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #114 of 563
Sorry to hear about your phones pal. Not good if they're falling apart straight away. I can seem to get a good seal no matte what u do so I have my pair up for sale in the classifieds section. I've decide I'm going to get myself a pair of custom livewires so if I can sell the m6's I'll buy some ue metro 170's to last me til the custom.

Feb 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #116 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
contact meelectronics and im sure theyll sort you out. they really are lovely chaps.

And gals
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #118 of 563
Oh also, the M6 should soon be shipping in the new clear packaging. The best part is that Meelec has gone back to the clamshell hardcase (the one that has always been included wtih the M9) with the new revision, not the useless synthetic pouch thingy they've been using with the M6/M11/R1.

Pic of new packaging vs old:

meelectronicsm9newoldpa.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back