MEElectronics M6 Review
Feb 15, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #541 of 563
I try not to touch them but as I said, even moving my jaw around results in feeling the pressure.

I have ordered some Comply Tx-200

The main problem really is that I feel like I am going to break these because of the driver flex.
Driver flex is supposed to be OK but the driver life will definitely be shortened by the driver flex this IEM experiences.
I know these are just $20 IEMs, but I bought them because they are meant to be more durable and I hate buying IEMs over and over because they keep breaking.
(SkullCandy's ruined my life lol)

Edit: By the way, what's up ArmAndHammer? 
L3000.gif

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #542 of 563
  I try not to touch them but as I said, even moving my jaw around results in feeling the pressure.

I have ordered some Comply Tx-200

The main problem really is that I feel like I am going to break these because of the driver flex.
Driver flex is supposed to be OK but the driver life will definitely be shortened by the driver flex this IEM experiences.
I know these are just $20 IEMs, but I bought them because they are meant to be more durable and I hate buying IEMs over and over because they keep breaking.
(SkullCandy's ruined my life lol)

Edit: By the way, what's up ArmAndHammer? 
L3000.gif

Not much. Just lurking trying not to spend too much money. New amp, new headphones, new IEMs...should be good for a couple years.

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #544 of 563
  Not much. Just lurking trying not to spend too much money. New amp, new headphones, new IEMs...should be good for a couple years.

Same. I'm looking at getting either an Alpha Dog or a ZMFxVibro. I also just got the Fidue A83. Might get the Schiit Lyr 2, but its pricey, but I also don't really have an amp. Just my Cayin C5!

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #545 of 563
I'd love to try some Alpha Dogs or some other version of the Fostex. Probably have to wait a while though. I'm spent...lol...and yeah, the Lyr 2 would be sweet. Not sure how they compare soundwise but you might look at the Magni 2 as well. I really like it and it has loads of power so you won't have to worry about driving most headphones out there.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #546 of 563

Here's my current EQ for M6, maybe this will help someone. 

That's a very nice EQ you have there.
What equalizer is it?

I just mess around with the Spotify Equalizer, which is great because I use Spotify often.
I found the M6's to be bass heavy, lacking in mids and highs.
I am used to a sparkly signature so I turned the highs up.
I also turned the mids up a smaller amount to fill in.
I am very new to using an equalizer, but this is what I came up with.

Hz           +/- dB
60               -1
170             -5
310             -5
600             -1
1k                0
3k                0
6k               +1
12k             +3
14k             +3
16k             +1

Everything was originally +2 dB of what it is now, but it was clipping.
I am not sure, but I thought bringing everything down equally by 2 dB would get the same EQ effect but without clipping.
Can somebody link me to some sort of EQ guide?
What do you guys think of the EQ setting I came up with?
I kinda like it, I guess.
It sounds cleaner and clearer.
Not so muddy and overflowing in the bass anymore.
biggrin.gif

Edit: I forgot to add the "k", added screenshot

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #547 of 563
Great review! and I sort of skimmed through the 30-something pages of the thread, but I am now convinced to buy these!!!! 

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #548 of 563
If anyone interested, Meelec S6P is on sale thru 03/18 for $19.99 using coupon "SPRINGS6P" with free US shipping and $2.95 OFF intl shipping.......

http://www.meelec.com/Sport_Fi_S6P_Earphone_Workout_Package_p/ep-sf6p-rdbk-mee.htm (grn/blk too)

Mar 14, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #549 of 563
Well that's not too great of a deal, they are (almost) always $17.99 on Amazon...

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #550 of 563
  Well that's not too great of a deal, they are (almost) always $17.99 on Amazon...

Nay, They are priced bet $29.99 & $30.25 with free shipping thru Amazon Prime or purchase over $35 and above.......IIRC, I'd seen them as low as $23 off-season price there and not below that.

So yes, $19.99 with free S/H from direct Meelec is a great deal to even lowest $17.99 with prime/$35 above purchase.......if you ask me.

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #554 of 563
Sony hybrids have been my solution to all my meelectronics fit issues
I did like the M9 more than the M6 and upgraded all the way up to the a151 instead (the m6 looks cool, but didn't wanna stay in my ears)

Wonder how they compare to the PL50/E10/E30 ?

Apr 29, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #555 of 563
Whoaaaaa that was an intense read! Hahahah i am usually a philips fanboy but i had broken too many of them and am starting to be brave enough to explore new brands hahaha ( finding sound quality rather than commun brands )
Great review from mark! You basically made me fall in love with them before even buying them hahaha

So i just placed my order for these beauties and hope for the best hehehehe,

I'm probably going to ask stupid questions but i'm just curious? Does these last for more than lets say 6 months? And how are they compared to the phillips she 3590

Thankssss a lot guys will tell you how they are after they arrive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back