MEElectronics M6 Review
Nov 17, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #526 of 563
  Comfort-wise, are these better than the SoundMagic PL-50 for sleeping on your side?

not slept in either but the PL-50's are much smaller,much thinner than the M6.  given they have gotten so cheap its probably worth a bash but, my first thought would be if you cant sleep with the super tiny PL-50 then im not sure any would be better for you.

Nov 17, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #527 of 563

not slept in either but the PL-50's are much smaller,much thinner than the M6.  given they have gotten so cheap its probably worth a bash but, my first thought would be if you cant sleep with the super tiny PL-50 then im not sure any would be better for you.

I see, thanks. I use CX300 for sleeping and they keep breaking every 3-6 months, so I was looking for new sleeping earphones. I haven't tried the M6 nor the PL-50 yet.

Nov 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #528 of 563
ahhhh.  i had thought you were using the pl-50 and had a comfort issue.

im going to guess though that your in some way killing the cables then?  MEElec stuff does normally come with rather nice cables so maybe they might last you longer.

Nov 17, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #529 of 563
  ahhhh.  i had thought you were using the pl-50 and had a comfort issue.

im going to guess though that your in some way killing the cables then?  MEElec stuff does normally come with rather nice cables so maybe they might last you longer.

Yeah, the cables start tearing after a couple months, but they have a bigger issue (which is a design defect) they're built in a way that wax gets into the driver and one/both of the channels eventually start losing sound, even though I use cotton swabs everyday. I even tried cleaning them with hydrogen peroxide and it didn't help. My 4th CX300 is nearly dead and I'm done with low end sennheisers.

MEElec cable quality seems to vary a lot. I have the (discontinued) MEELec A161P and they have the worst, cheapest cable I've seen in an IEM. The A151's cable on the other hand is superb, almost as good as the Westone 3's.

M6 seem to be very well built, like you said, they have a kick ass cable, yay! These will be my next earphones for sleeping. Thanks for helping me decide.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #531 of 563
Hey guys, I'm getting an ungodly amount of driver flex with my M6sand I can hear bit of crackling in some songs! Anyone else have this issue?

Hey Apex Eight, I assume distortion when you say "driver flex," correct? I have heard that the M6s have distortion in the upper range of thing, although I have three pairs and have never experienced it. It also may just be the ear tips and seal you're getting. If - for some reason - my M6s aren't in right, they sound absolutely awful. When they're in the right position and locked into place, they're the best IEMs money can buy. 
etysmile.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #532 of 563
Meelec deals on amazon.com for just 24Hrs,, for those who are interested, link blow.....

http://www.amazon.com/b?rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Cn%3A10508193011&ie=UTF8&node=10508193011&dealid=deca7fdd

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #533 of 563
Just added a pair of the clear to my collection. For $17 shipped I figured why not. Using them in the gym. That's about it. I like the sound. Bass is great so that's awesome for workout music. Otherwise they aren't terribly exciting. I just need something relatively cheap and that will stay put in my ears and sound good enough. These I think check off all three boxes. 

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #534 of 563
Just added a pair of the clear to my collection. For $17 shipped I figured why not. Using them in the gym. That's about it. I like the sound. Bass is great so that's awesome for workout music. Otherwise they aren't terribly exciting. I just need something relatively cheap and that will stay put in my ears and sound good enough. These I think check off all three boxes. 
I've been using the black ones on stage as in-ear monitors for almost a year now, and I just recently got the PRO version. Man, does the clear ever look good! So I had to go ahead and order the normal M6s in clear too. Not sure which I like better yet, though. :)

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #535 of 563
I really like the look of the clear. If I ever got a set of customs I'd do clear. I like seeing the stuff inside...lol...but the black ones looked cool too. It was between the two when I ordered these.

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #538 of 563
I just bought these. And there is a pretty big problem with them.
I can't really comment on how they sound because of the huge amount of driver flex I experience when putting them in my ears.
Seriously, the amount of driver flex is outrageous.
It's like crinkly plastic. I hear it when I move and if I ever touch my ear slightly, it causes the IEM to move and I hear it flex.
It is because there is no hole or vent and with a good seal, all the pressure is kept inside.
It is very sensitive and I hear the driver flexing all the time.
I have gone through all the tips and I think that the large single flange fits my ear the best and the IEM sits flush with my ear like its meant to.
The only double flange it came with did not seal well enough, the triple flanges went to deep into my ear and it was uncomfortable, the other two single flanges were too small.
Is there any way to remedy the driver flex and the uncomfortable amount of pressure that results from just putting these things into my ear?
There is so much pressure that if I move my jaw, for example, I can feel the pressure in my ears changing a little.
I feel like I'm in an airplane.
There's also no way I can push these deeper into my ear because the pressure won't allow for it.
I read that foam tips or Comply tips will help with this but I also heard that Comply's have less isolation than silicone tips.
Right now, these things don't sound anywhere near as good as some people claim but that is because the pressure and driver flex result in making the sound very muffled.
Also, there is a crazy amount of bass in these. I think I read that this goes away after a while but I can't see how that is possible because of how much there is right now.
I hope someone can help! 
confused.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #539 of 563
I get the crinkly plastic sound too when I touch them. I remedied it by not touching them...lol...that's the only time it happens and unless I'm putting them in or taking them out, I don't need to touch them except maybe to readjust them once in a while.

Feb 15, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #540 of 563
  I read that foam tips or Comply tips will help with this but I also heard that Comply's have less isolation than silicone tips.

dont know who told you that, complys normally are excellent isolators.  id say give a foam pair of tips a go if you get, i sohuld fix the issues your having though i do realise they may be a bit costly in comparison to the cost of the M6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back