MEElectronics M6 Review
Nov 13, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #61 of 563
I ordered the $2 foams. I figure at $2, I should see if they work before deciding to spend $18 on comply foam tips.

If anybody has ideas on what bi or triple flange tips to get, please post! I heard about futuresonic atrios being good, but I can't find replacement tips for those.

update: future sonic atrio tips can be bought for $12+$7 shipping (3 pack) - http://futuresonics.ypguides.net/sto...es_Medium.html

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #62 of 563
just got these in the mail today...the fit is a pain so far so im gonna decore some olives or something

the right ear is fine but the left ear is kinda strange..it kinda feels like im pushing the silicone tip to the ear and its making some kind of strange noise..its a bit hard to describe

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #63 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got these in the mail today...the fit is a pain so far so im gonna decore some olives or something

the right ear is fine but the left ear is kinda strange..it kinda feels like im pushing the silicone tip to the ear and its making some kind of strange noise..its a bit hard to describe

I guess I kinda had a similar problem. I was having trouble getting the left earphone to create a proper seal. I had to fiddle with the memory wire so that they would fit better and create a better seal.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #64 of 563
i might have been trying to put them in too deep..but with the olives its a lot better. i dont hear that sound as much now. if i push on the earphone into my ear when its on i hear a noise that kinda sounds like a pen clicking. its probably me just putting them in wrong..

now time to burn them in as i dont think the previous owner had many hours on it :]

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #65 of 563
Quote:

i might have been trying to put them in too deep..but with the olives its a lot better. i dont hear that sound as much now. if i push on the earphone into my ear when its on i hear a noise that kinda sounds like a pen clicking. its probably me just putting them in wrong..

now time to burn them in as i dont think the previous owner had many hours on it :]

A pen clicking? It might be driver flex, though it sounds more like tin foil rustling to me.

Nov 13, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #66 of 563
well thats the best description i could think of..those clicking pens with the springs inside of them :p

u have that sound as well? its a bit annoying if i press on them a bit but dont really have to do them except putting them on

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #67 of 563
Quote:

well thats the best description i could think of..those clicking pens with the springs inside of them :p

u have that sound as well? its a bit annoying if i press on them a bit but dont really have to do them except putting them on

My M6 don't have that. You may want to contact Meelec for warranty service. It's a common problem with cheaper phones though. My Skullcandy Ink'd and Meelec SX-31 suffer from pretty bad flex.

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #68 of 563
The copper ear loop wire started oxidizing green in my pair after about a week. Finally cut them out today, but there's still a few green bits in there I'll never get out. Recommend that you folks remove the infernal copper doodads before its too late. You won't miss them.

Are these the Sony Hybrids that fit the M6?
Amazon.com: Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black): Electronics

Nov 13, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #69 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeestersMandelbrot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are these the Sony Hybrids?
Amazon.com: Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black): Electronics

Yep, those are the ones. They come in white, too. As you can see everyone complains about the multiple sizes. I personally don't mind as I can use the two larger ones fine and they last for a long, long time. They're still better value than Comply tips imho.

Nov 13, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #70 of 563
Quote:

if i push on the earphone into my ear when its on i hear a noise that kinda sounds like a pen clicking.

I've heard that popping/clicking sound when I pushed on one of my IEMs before. Can't remember which phone, but I think it had to do with the tip and fit, not the phone itself, because it didn't do it anymore after I changed the tips. So try a different style of tips and see if you still hear it.

Nov 13, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #71 of 563
Quote:

I get the same, pretty sure it's the tips too. Only on my right ear when I fiddle with it (push it in or adjust it)

Nov 13, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #72 of 563
from the stock tips with the left side it was absolutely horrible..like when i had my cx300 but with olives its not as bad..anyway i emailed them and said they will get me an rma so not too bad for me. got different iem coming in the mail soon so wont be too bored heh..bought these used and will get them new soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #73 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Technex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get the same, pretty sure it's the tips too. Only on my right ear when I fiddle with it (push it in or adjust it)

The sound that I get when pushing some IEM's in that last bit is obviously the diaphragm crinkling from the air compression. The tip may have an effect, by how much air leaks by. If it is a tight seal, it will pressurize the space. You may or may not hear the diaphragm deform.

Nov 13, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #75 of 563
this goes to show just how different our ears are
smily_headphones1.gif
i tried all the stock tips and the smallest was the worst i believe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back