MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors
Oct 6, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #301 of 378
I just got the m6pro today, first impressions are really good. My daily iem is the Shure SE215. I also use often the Yamaha eph100 and the Sennheiser IE80.

Comparing to the Shure SE215: Tonal balance of the Shure is more on the Bass/Mids side, M6 pro is more Mid/Treble as result the sound is a bit thinner, also more open and detailed. The bass is not missing, it's there just not the same quantity. The mids are not recessed. I think they could have a bit more mid-bass for a fuller sound, but for the price I can't complain. They are a match for the se215 and maybe even better, for half the price. Sound signature wise they are a bit of a contrast, if you like the se215 and want a bit more highs and a leaner bass the m6pro are a must try.

My only fear before buying was about the highs, many peoples reported them like harsh, piercing, too bright. It's not the case. They are present but not overly bright. The right amount if you ask me.
Second, I hate recessed midrange. If vocals are buried in the mix or harsh it's a turn off for me. Again, It's not the case. Vocals are clear and the midrange is all there.

To my ears the sound signature is between neutral and mid-forward. 

I will update my impressions after the burn-in!

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #302 of 378
  I just got the m6pro today, first impressions are really good. My daily iem is the Shure SE215. I also use often the Yamaha eph100 and the Sennheiser IE80.

Comparing to the Shure SE215: Tonal balance of the Shure is more on the Bass/Mids side, M6 pro is more Mid/Treble as result the sound is a bit thinner, also more open and detailed. The bass is not missing, it's there just not the same quantity. The mids are not recessed. I think they could have a bit more mid-bass for a fuller sound, but for the price I can't complain. They are a match for the se215 and maybe even better, for half the price. Sound signature wise they are a bit of a contrast, if you like the se215 and want a bit more highs and a leaner bass the m6pro are a must try.

My only fear before buying was about the highs, many peoples reported them like harsh, piercing, too bright. It's not the case. They are present but not overly bright. The right amount if you ask me.
Second, I hate recessed midrange. If vocals are buried in the mix or harsh it's a turn off for me. Again, It's not the case. Vocals are clear and the midrange is all there.

Thanks, I guess the shure se2015 would be better for me then (I like more bassy, warm sound). Another thing, if you put the shures in your ears and wiggle around, jump etc would they fall out? I know this largely depends on your ears but still want to check

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #303 of 378
Hello guys, can someone tell me how does the regular m6 compare to the m6 pro and the shure se215? also how well do they stay in your ear, i plan on using them as sports headphones (i dont need sweatprofoofing but will move around my head quite a bit)
For that, I'd recommend the original M6 over the PROs OR the SE215s. They're much less bulky, but also have a warmer sound signature to me than the 215s.

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #305 of 378

Thanks, I guess the shure se2015 would be better for me then (I like more bassy, warm sound). Another thing, if you put the shures in your ears and wiggle around, jump etc would they fall out? I know this largely depends on your ears but still want to check

The Shure se215 is an incredible iem as overall package. Build quality is awesome, vocals are amazingly good, the bass thump! If you like to turn on the volume they are smooth in the highs for almost no ear fatigue. Plus they will fit in 95% of the peoples because of the very small nozzle and ergonomic design.

I found the stage monitor design (se 215, westone um3x, m6pro) very good for a stable fit with the right tips.

If the budget is not a problem I will say: Shure se215. 

The m6 is indeed very good and if you have only 50 bucks is a no brainer.

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #306 of 378
I have the M6 Pro.
Need advice on a worthy upgrade.
Ostry kc06a or fiio EX1 - which will be better, if better at all?

Oct 9, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #307 of 378
I have the M6 Pro.
Need advice on a worthy upgrade.
Ostry kc06a or fiio EX1 - which will be better, if better at all?

I would highly recommend the FiiO EX1...but isolation is a problem with this 'phone. Might not work if you need good isolation. Also, I think you should consider some of the Brainwavz S series models...specifically the S3 and S5. Great low end on both of them IMO and at least the S5 goes on special fairly frequently for 49 or 59 bucks. 

Oct 18, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #308 of 378

Great review. I just purchased these to replace my ailing Xiaomi Piston III (right ear is now faint). I'll put these M6 Pro's to the test against my two favs: EPH-100 and Rock-It R-50s (really like these).

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #309 of 378
I just thought that it would be good to share a news with you that might be pleasant for some - the M6 Pro is now also available in semi-transparent smoke black colour. Sound, features and accessories remain identical to the clear/white version (which will still be available).
In addition, MEEaudio is now also offering an additional 1.80 m cable for the M6 Pro.

Some pictures on the news on my German blog (should be also available on the MEE site): http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.de/2015/10/M6-Smoke.html

Oct 26, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #311 of 378
i currently use a pair of UE 700s at work (usually 5-7 hours a day). always been very happy with the sound and fit but the plug and right earpiece are falling apart. looking to keep the price down on replacements so i'm considering these.  anyone know how they would compare? i listen to rock - pink floyd, led zeppelin, foo fighters, eagles, steely dan. my source is either my laptop or my SGS5.

thanks

Oct 27, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #312 of 378
OK, here is my mini-impression of the M6 Pro's:

I bought these to replace my broken Xiaomi Piston 3's. The Pistons were cheap, had a microphone and worked well as my daily driver/jogging IEMs. I liken their sound signature to the Yahama EPH-100 (slightly warmer, more bass presence, pretty open soundstage). They weren't perfect mind you, the highs were a bit veiled, though their sound separation was decent overall and the soundstage was good as was the 3D effect. And they were only $25. Of course, something had to give at that price and I became aware once again of the cliche "You get what you pay for" when the right ear went out after less than a month of use.

Enter the M6 Pros. They have removable cables, a microphone and a fantastic warranty... all for $50. Sounds like a good deal. But, how do they work in practice? The short is, these are great sounding headphones and the overall package makes them worth $50 but I don't think these headphones are going to be $100+ secret IEM killers. They just aren't. So what are they? For starters, getting the right tip is so ridiculously crucial for these IEMs. They can sound extremely shrill and thin without the EXACT right fit. I rummaged through my stash of tips, and after about 45 minutes of playing with them, I settled on some frosted single, extra large silicone tips. They fit well, and the sound is what I think they are meant to sound like.

So what is the sound quality like? I'd give these between a 7.5-8.0 out of 10 for sound which is roughly what I would give the Sony MH1C's. What is interesting to me is that, these headphones emphasize almost the exact opposite end of the frequency spectrum as the Sonys. The Sonys were very warm, too warm really, and their midbass would veil vocals and high sounds like cymbals etc. The M6 Pro's, on the other hand, emphasize the high frequencies. There is a peak in these suckers for sure around 6K that, once EQ'd down aren't offensive. Female vocals and the highs are definitely prominent in the M6's, though the voices definitely sound thinner than I'd like. I'm not a complete basshead, and I like a more balanced or U signature as my favorite headphones at the moment are my TWFK driven Rock-It R-50s. These M6's have great bass response, and I don't feel like they are bleeding much into the midrange. These are clearly a V shaped headphone though, so if you are looking for something a bit more balanced, these are not for you.

In terms of soundstage, I would say these are definitely on the intimate side. More intimate than any of my other headphones... the effect is more like being right on stage with the musicians no more than a few feet from you. I was a bit disappointed in this, but the sound separation is solid nonetheless, just don't expect much air between the instruments.

Overall though, the sound is good... these headphones in no way exceeded my expectations for $50 nor offend me for it either. The sound is roughly where one would expect a $50 set to be. What makes me really enjoy these headphones though is the low microphonics. When jogging, I barely hear the cord noise and there isn't a warble effect to the sound when bouncing up and down (the Yamaha EPH-100's are fantastic, but they are the worst headphones to jog with because of this warble sound effect from bouncing). Combine that with the removable cables and microphone, and these are a solid daily driver set of buds. Just don't expect them to match or beat your $100+ IEMs.

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #313 of 378
  For starters, getting the right tip is so ridiculously crucial for these IEMs. They can sound extremely shrill and thin without the EXACT right fit. 

I just picked up a pair of these and was going to post the exact same thing.  They sound thin and shirll with the wrong tip and even with the right tip if I don't get them placed right in my ear.   However, get it wedged in there right and they sound very good.  

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #314 of 378
I've got these. Just adding my 2 cents, pretty much similar opinions.

They are very solidly built and I mainly use them as a pair of beaters / exercise phones. Pretty much no microphonics. A lot of people have mentioned the highs being harsh, imo they can be occasionally, especially with metal. But for the most part it isn't too bad, I use comply tips. Needs volume to be fairly high to get where I want though, I use it with a Galaxy S5 at around 70% or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back