Meelectronics is to release M11+
Jul 14, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #46 of 96
They said end of July, which after release date translation means mid August.
edit: glad I turned out to be wrong with that one.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #47 of 96
http://twitter.com/meelectronics
The M11+ is here! In limited quantities and for a limited time you can enjoy an introductory price reduction!

Well its out in limited quantities now.

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #49 of 96
Ordered mine.... had a gift certificate i won from them on facebook and a coupon they gave me....10 bucks for the m11+ and an extra case!!!! woot woot!

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #50 of 96
Awesome. Keep in mind the MSRP is likely gonna be at least $10 over what it sells for at places like Amazon anyway. So I wouldn't freak out if you miss the intro deal. Can't wait to hear some reviews.

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #51 of 96
Well, I've had the M11+ for a little while but will reserve all sonic impressions for later since I've barely had time to listen to them properly. However, I want to talk about the tips. The M11+ comes with a bucketload (10 pairs) of tips, some of them unlike anything I've seen before. 

The kit consists of:

-1 pair soundmagic-style bi-flange tips - carryover from M11/M9 (top)
-3 pairs short silicone single-flange tips (S/M/L) - carryover from M11/M9 (right)
-3 pairs long silicone single-flange tips (S/M/L) - quite long and cover more of the earphone than the shorter tips. The large will be especially useful for those who can't always get a seal with conventional L-sized tips (center)
-3 pairs short silicone bi-flange tips (S/M/L) - somewhat similar to Sennheiser short bi-flanges but softer and with the large equivalent in size to Sennheiser's medium. The small/medium sets will be useful to those with smaller ears who aren't satisfied by the isolation of conventional S-sized single-flanges (left)

All in all kudos to Meelec for going the extra mile in rounding all of these up. I have yet to listen to any but the regular bi-flanges and medium single-flanges but even if only 1 out of 20 people end up getting a good seal with one of the new tips when they otherwise wouldn't have, I'd consider this a resounding success. 

Jul 20, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #52 of 96
^Is the quality of the M11+ tips comparable to other 5.5mm sized ones, such as the UE tips? Nice pic and description, by the way. :)

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #53 of 96
Quote:
^Is the quality of the M11+ tips comparable to other 5.5mm sized ones, such as the UE tips? Nice pic and description, by the way. :)

Yeah the meelec tips are maybe a touch thinner/softer than UE singles but very close. The only tips that have a visible seam that could be irritating are the L-sized long single-flanges. The rest seem very well-made.

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #54 of 96

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah the meelec tips are maybe a touch thinner/softer than UE singles but very close. The only tips that have a visible seam that could be irritating are the L-sized long single-flanges. The rest seem very well-made.

Hmm Joker what is your impression of the earphones so far? I hope it wont be like the old M11s. I really am expecting a lot from them. Mine is still on its way.

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #55 of 96

Quote:
Well, I've had the M11+ for a little while but will reserve all sonic impressions for later since I've barely had time to listen to them properly. However, I want to talk about the tips. The M11+ comes with a bucketload (10 pairs) of tips, some of them unlike anything I've seen before. 

The kit consists of:

-1 pair soundmagic-style bi-flange tips - carryover from M11/M9 (top)
-3 pairs short silicone single-flange tips (S/M/L) - carryover from M11/M9 (right)
-3 pairs long silicone single-flange tips (S/M/L) - quite long and cover more of the earphone than the shorter tips. The large will be especially useful for those who can't always get a seal with conventional L-sized tips (center)
-3 pairs short silicone bi-flange tips (S/M/L) - somewhat similar to Sennheiser short bi-flanges but softer and with the large equivalent in size to Sennheiser's medium. The small/medium sets will be useful to those with smaller ears who aren't satisfied by the isolation of conventional S-sized single-flanges (left)

All in all kudos to Meelec for going the extra mile in rounding all of these up. I have yet to listen to any but the regular bi-flanges and medium single-flanges but even if only 1 out of 20 people end up getting a good seal with one of the new tips when they otherwise wouldn't have, I'd consider this a resounding success. 

I think if they sell the tip kit separately like they do with the M6/M9, MEE will sell a bunch of them. I like the Senn bi-flanges except for the comfort, so something similar and softer is good. The M9 bi-flanges are a must for any Head-fier's tip collection. And the new longer tips look to be very useful esp. for phones that you would like the driver a bit further away.

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #56 of 96
I'm glad to see them offering more tip selection which is always nice for us. I had a hard time with all of their tips I've tried from the 2nd gen M6 and the most recent M9. I'm starting to think their tips and my ears just don't agree.

Jul 21, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #57 of 96
Quote:
Hmm Joker what is your impression of the earphones so far? I hope it wont be like the old M11s. I really am expecting a lot from them. Mine is still on its way.

In a nutshell, these are the drivers that the M11 should have had from the start and they make it a sonically competitive product. They aren't giant killers by any means but I've always felt that the excellent design of the M11 was let down by the sub-par sound. Now that the sound is half decent, the overall versatility makes them a great package.

Don't expect a drastic change from the general M11 signature - these are definitely not 'v-shaped' like the M6/M9. Balance is very good actually but they are far from analytical. Certain tips can even make the bass slightly overpowering.

Quote:
I think if they sell the tip kit separately like they do with the M6/M9, MEE will sell a bunch of them. I like the Senn bi-flanges except for the comfort, so something similar and softer is good. The M9 bi-flanges are a must for any Head-fier's tip collection. And the new longer tips look to be very useful esp. for phones that you would like the driver a bit further away.

Yep, I'm sure the fit kit will be sold separately eventually. Great way to rack up a bunch of decent tips early on for use will different 5.5mm/UE-sized earphones. Tried the longer tips last night and they do seal rather well but I like the deeper fit of the short bi-flanges.

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #58 of 96

Quote:
Quote:

In a nutshell, these are the drivers that the M11 should have had from the start and they make it a sonically competitive product. They aren't giant killers by any means but I've always felt that the excellent design of the M11 was let down by the sub-par sound. Now that the sound is half decent, the overall versatility makes them a great package.

Don't expect a drastic change from the general M11 signature - these are definitely not 'v-shaped' like the M6/M9. Balance is very good actually but they are far from analytical. Certain tips can even make the bass slightly overpowering.

Quote:

Yep, I'm sure the fit kit will be sold separately eventually. Great way to rack up a bunch of decent tips early on for use will different 5.5mm/UE-sized earphones. Tried the longer tips last night and they do seal rather well but I like the deeper fit of the short bi-flanges.

Scratch that joker.... i just received my M11+ REDs.

So far for my first impression......

PACKAGING:
No different from the other Meelec's earphones. Everything exactly the same except for the insane 10 pairs of tips. Still a very good package.

DESIGN:
If this were the first time i have seen the M11s, i would have went... WOW. But I already have an original pair of M11s so that impression has worn off. Still, the M11+ REDs are still the best looking earphones i have ever seen besides the M6 and all those custom earphones. And they are just so small! They feel like nothing in my ears. Very comfortable. Their size makes it just so easy to insert. They are tiny!

There is no difference between the M11 and the PLUS. Zilch. I cant tell the difference. There has been no change to the shell, 3.5mm jack, nothing. The cables are slightly different. There is a different 'feel' to the cables now, less plasticky, smoother to the touch. But im not sure how this will impact the microphonics. The cables do feel nicer though. So the PLUS basically identical to the M11 except for the cables.

BUILD QUALITY:
Meelec build quality. Need i say more? They feel rock solid. The casing is aluminium so of course the feel solid, well built. The strain reliefs on the earphones are pretty long too. This is one earphone that will last.

TIPS:

Yeah a crapload of tips they have there. They all feel really soft and nice to the touch. Most probably nice in the ear too. I don't think anyone would have any fit problems with the PLUS. The standard biflanges ( the one that comes on the M9/M11 and are prefitted on ) seems to have had an improvement. Seems kind of softer and more isolating. Scratch that i just compared the tips. And yes the standard biflanges on the PLUS is softer, and much more comfortable. Kudos to meelec for improving the tips. Very nice. I dont think anyone would be unable to find a seal that they dont like .

SOUND QUALITY:
So this is the important part and i would say on first impression.... this earphones are definitely better than the M6. No question.

The first thing i noticed is the vocals. Its been a standard meelec 'house' sound signature for recessed vocals. The M11, M9, M6 all have recessed vocals to some degree. It was basically instruments taking the front row, while vocals taking the middle-front. As for the PLUS, it really changed that. Now the vocals have been 'brought out'. They aren't as recessed as before so thats much better! . Thats one major peeve i had with the earphones solved!

The earphones do not have that bright a sound signature as the M6. Somewhere inbetween the M6 and M9 would be how i would say it is. How should i say this? The PLUS has its emphasis on the low-end. Currently, i would say that the bass is stronger than on the M6, yet it is much tighter, and more impactful. Its made for longer wearing hours than the M6. The M6s are just so bright that its tiring to listen to them for too long. I would say that the PLUS sound sig. is my favourite so far (my previous favourite was the Playaz TD100).

The "sparkly sparkly" that the M6 had, which made it so addictive is present on the PLUS. I love all the "sparky sparkly" that the M6 had so im really happy that its on the PLUS had as well. Of course, the PLUS have more detail than the M6 and they do cymbals better as well. i would sometimes find the M6, M9 and various of my other earphones struggling with getting cymbals right and the PLUS does it much better than the rest.

For the soundstage, i cant comment yet. But it should be the same as the M6.

I never had any analytical earphones before so i am not sure how they would sound. But if the M6, M9 , Playaz TD100s are all considered fun earphones, then the PLUS is definitely FUN.

CONCLUSION:

These are good earphones. No question. If you are looking for fun earphones, this definitely should be one of your choices. This is what the m11 should have been. My first impressions are very positive. But take note this are just first impressions.

Jul 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #59 of 96
Quote:
Quote:

Well that was quick!
MEElectronics Original Eartips for M11+/M11P+ Earphones (10 pair set) (Clear)
MEElectronics Original Eartips for M11+/M11P+ Earphones (10 pair set) (Black)

Sushibowl: Thanks for the impressions!  Great to see that the midrange is more forward on the M11+ and that the tips appear to be excellent.  I still have trouble with getting a proper seal with my M9, and I don't really like how they sound with the Sony hybrid tips as they tend to reduce the soundstage.  Might have to pick up a set of these M11+ tips someday.

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #60 of 96
I just started listening to m11+'s and the bass has a strong emphasis.... a little bloated but will porbably tighten up with a few hours of burn in.... the vocals were kinda recessed in the rap songs i played... but we'll see with burn in.  they are extremely comfortable not as much as m6 but still nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back