Meelectronics is to release M11+
Jul 7, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #16 of 96
Meelec.com lists the price at $75, but are "out of stock" right now.

Jul 7, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #17 of 96
I don't believe they have received their shipment yet. I'm sure that Meelec will send out a newsletter and post twitter/facebook updates once they're available.

Jul 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #18 of 96
Advanced kudos to the folks who get them at launch and share their thoughts. I think this brings Meelec out of the "cheap but good" level. They sat comfortably near the top of the sub-$50 food chain with the M6, but now they're gonna be swimming in a significantly bigger pond.

Jul 8, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #21 of 96
The price has been removed from the listing. The plot thickens!

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #22 of 96
So was the sale on M11 a few days ago (http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2109212) just to clear out the old M11 for room for M11+?
I guess that was the lowest price for the old M11 will ever get at meelec...

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #24 of 96

Quote:
MEE M11 comfort fit in-ear headphones are super comfortable while providing great, smooth sound. Small size gives you comfort regardless of your ear size, yet still provides full sound and great dynamics. A great choice if you want to hear every nuance of your favorite singer while still hearing the details of every note. Warm presentation allows you hours of relaxed listening enjoyment!

Quote:
MEE M11+, updated with a redesigned driver and improved tuning, provides amazing sound and supreme comfort for all ears! Do you want to hear details in your music that you are missing with other earbuds/earphones? The M11+ has a similar sound signature to the M6 and M9 but adds additional detail and a better balance, letting you hear the deepest bass tones, highest treble notes, and everything in between you may have been missing. While the M11+ is tuned for today's popular music, it also sounds great with all genres. An industry leading 10 ear tips that helps you achieve the most comfortable, best sounding fit you can get.

Seems like they are trying to push the upgraded M6/M9 thing.

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #25 of 96

Quote:

Shouldn't they? After all, it's the m6/m9 that people love and that get all the hype - understandably so. Why wouldn't they push the M11+ as an upgraded M6? It's good marketing, and hopefully the final product will live up to expectations.

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #26 of 96
Can't wait for everyone's impressions!  I'm kind of bummed out that I missed the chance to score the older M11s for cheap (though they may still end up on Woot!), but hopefully the new model addresses some of its predecessors shortcomings.
Quote:
The price has been removed from the listing. The plot thickens!

Seems that they're making some sort of final adjustments.  Not that it matters to me since I don't buy anything at list price anyway!
tongue.gif

Quote:
Shouldn't they? After all, it's the m6/m9 that people love and that get all the hype - understandably so. Why wouldn't they push the M11+ as an upgraded M6? It's good marketing, and hopefully the final product will live up to expectations.

It's a very smart move in my opinion, and agreed on latter.

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #27 of 96
They can't really present the M11+ as an upgraded M6 no matter how good they are. The M6's shape and fit are key qualities for many of its fans. That isn't to say M6 owners won't make the purchase, but they'll need to be convinced it's worth it despite those things. Obviously it'll differ person to person. There's no point in speculating, but it's fun to do.

I'm a tad bit disappointed in their decision to just work over an existing model, but admittedly that's not fair without hearing it, and mostly based on a fantasy where Meelec releases some godly yet affordable IEM whose awesomeness and affordableness is so overwhelming that it causes $400 IEM makers to commit seppuku. 

Jul 8, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #28 of 96

Quote:
They can't really present the M11+ as an upgraded M6 no matter how good they are. The M6's shape and fit are key qualities for many of its fans. That isn't to say M6 owners won't make the purchase, but they'll need to be convinced it's worth it despite those things. Obviously it'll differ person to person. There's no point in speculating, but it's fun to do.

I'm a tad bit disappointed in their decision to just work over an existing model, but admittedly that's not fair without hearing it, and mostly based on a fantasy where Meelec releases some godly yet affordable IEM whose awesomeness and affordableness is so overwhelming that it causes $400 IEM makers to commit seppuku. 

I'm one of those people who love the form factor of the M6. That said, for a straight barrel IEM the M11 is about as good as it gets. It's small, slim, and sturdy. So it's easy to insert and will (and here's the biggest selling point) isolate considerably more than the M6. So while the M6 still will win for superior comfort and being better for active use, for noisy environments the still very comfortable M11 will become a better choice.

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #29 of 96

Quote:
That said, for a straight barrel IEM the M11 is about as good as it gets. It's small, slim, and sturdy. So it's easy to insert and will (and here's the biggest selling point) isolate considerably more than the M6. So while the M6 still will win for superior comfort and being better for active use, for noisy environments the still very comfortable M11 will become a better choice.

That makes sense. I like the idea of having a pair of regular barrel IEMs for work/home, and the M6 for the gym. 

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #30 of 96

Quote:

Quote:

The M11+ is an upgrade to the M6. Just like how the M2 is a upgrade from the SX-31, the M9 is a upgrade from the M2, the M11 is an upgrade from the M9, and the M6 is an upgrade from the M11. The M11 was a dive into a different sound signature which didnt go very well.

I dont see whats wrong with how they are marketing it. IMO they are just saying that its going to be an upgrade from their cheaper products.

Over-ears arent suited for everyone.  One man's ru is another man's treasure. And i think that its quite certain that a straight-barreled IEM is much easier to wear than an Over-ear. Straight-barrels are more widely accepted than over-ears so maybe thats why they went with the M11 design.

I am still hoping for a M6+ with a metal earpiece shell replacing the plastic. Thats sure to look good.

The M11 is the most comfortable earphone i have ever worn. It is absoulutely tiny. M6 lose out because they are a pain in the *ss to put on. Maybe because mine is the older copper version. The memory wires dont help tangled cables at all! And the M6 dont really insert deep, so noise isolation is not good on the M6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back