Meelectronics is to release M11+
Jul 9, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #31 of 96

Quote:

I am still hoping for a M6+ with a metal earpiece shell replacing the plastic. Thats sure to look good.

The M11 is the most comfortable earphone i have ever worn. It is absoulutely tiny. M6 lose out because they are a pain in the *ss to put on. Maybe because mine is the older copper version. The memory wires dont help tangled cables at all! And the M6 dont really insert deep, so noise isolation is not good on the M6.

Ugh, those wires on the M6 act like grappling hooks when it comes to tangling. It's annoying. The M11 fit does look really nice. Looking forward to it. Agreed on the metal M6. I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what they do.

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #32 of 96

Quote:
Why wouldn't they push the M11+ as an upgraded M6? 

They aren't. edit: IMO, ha.
"The over-the-ear design keeps the M6 in place during activities such as sports and working out."
 The M6 is marketed for different usage. If they come out with an M6+ or other over-ear design with improved performance, that will be an upgrade. You and I may see the M11 as just dandy for sports and working out, but that's not how it's marketed. The M6 is not part of the M2, M9, M11 progression, demonstrated by its incongruence with price increases between them. The M9 is not an upgraded M6. Neither is the M11+. 

Jul 9, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #33 of 96
M11+
One line in particular insinuates, at least to me, that Meelectronics are indeed trying to push the M11+ as, at least sound wise, an upgrade to both the M6 and the M9. In the very least, it looks to be a direct upgrade to the M9. They are marketing it as being, and I take some liberty here, a direct SQ upgrade to both the M6 and the M9, taken from 'similar sound signature to the M6 and M9 but adds additional detail and a better balance.....everything in between you may have been missing.'  
Quote:
The M11+ has a similar sound signature to the M6 and M9 but adds additional detail and a better balance, letting you hear the deepest bass tones, highest treble notes, and everything in between you may have been missing

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #35 of 96

Quote:
Has anyone done a comprehensive reviewed the M11+ here on HeadFi?

Not yet. At any rate, it would be somewhat difficult to put out a review since the product itself isn't in stock yet...or at least isn't available for sale.

Jul 10, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #36 of 96

Quote:
One line in particular insinuates, at least to me, that Meelectronics are indeed trying to push the M11+ as, at least sound wise, an upgrade to both the M6 and the M9. In the very least, it looks to be a direct upgrade to the M9. They are marketing it as being, and I take some liberty here, a direct SQ upgrade to both the M6 and the M9, taken from 'similar sound signature to the M6 and M9 but adds additional detail and a better balance.....everything in between you may have been missing.' 

It's definitely being done as an SQ upgrade. I guess it just depends how you look at it. But for example, the M11+ will likely cause my M9 to go into a drawer, but my M6 may still be used situationally due to its additional, non-SQ based characteristics. That's a lie, I'd probably shelve the M6 too, especially if the M11 is as comfy as people say, and I don't doubt it.

I blame Meelec for us discussing minutia when we should be discussing our shiny new M11+'s. Next topic: color choice!

Red.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #37 of 96
No one has the M11+ yet as far as i know.

Take the reds. Trust me. My M11 Reds are just fantastic looking.

Somehow i had hoped that this wouldnt be an upgrade to the M6/M9 in terms of SQ upgrade and not a change in sound signature. If you guys have noticed throughout the whole meelec range, vocals are kind of recessed. Was hoping they would tune the vocals to make them more upfront.

Jul 11, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #39 of 96

Quote:
No one has the M11+ yet as far as i know.

Take the reds. Trust me. My M11 Reds are just fantastic looking.

Somehow i had hoped that this wouldnt be an upgrade to the M6/M9 in terms of SQ upgrade and not a change in sound signature. If you guys have noticed throughout the whole meelec range, vocals are kind of recessed. Was hoping they would tune the vocals to make them more upfront.

If it's a V-shaped sound sig, just turn down the volume. The vocals won't be recessed any longer.

Jul 11, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #40 of 96

Quote:
If it's a V-shaped sound sig, just turn down the volume. The vocals won't be recessed any longer.

Turn it down??!!!  Thems are fightin' words sir!!

Here is a line out of an email I got from Martie at MEElectronics refering to the M11+ a couple of months ago.

[size=10pt]"It has quite significant improvements compared to the M11; sound/mic/tips…etc[/size]"

I was never crazy about the M11 sound, but I think mine may have been defective. They were very veiled. But man, were they comfy. They felt like nothing in my ears.

IMHO, because of the size and how light the M11's are, if they can get a good sound(at least as good as the M6) out of these, I think it would be a winner.

Jul 12, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #42 of 96

Quote:
Turn it down??!!!  Thems are fightin' words sir!!

Here is a line out of an email I got from Martie at MEElectronics refering to the M11+ a couple of months ago.

[size=10pt]"It has quite significant improvements compared to the M11; sound/mic/tips…etc[/size]"

I was never crazy about the M11 sound, but I think mine may have been defective. They were very veiled. But man, were they comfy. They felt like nothing in my ears.

IMHO, because of the size and how light the M11's are, if they can get a good sound(at least as good as the M6) out of these, I think it would be a winner.

Nope your M11s are not veiled. They are just like that. I have two pairs of M11Ps and they sound veiled as well. So that must be it.

The M11 has a very dark signature, but lacks the bass to make the sound signature warm and fuzzy, It had the detail, but it was too dark to really hear it properly. Its like the M9, make it darker, remove some bass, add some detail. I dont like darkness without warmth.

Jul 14, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #44 of 96
I might be late but... it appears they no longer sell the original M11 anymore?  I was luckily able to pick one up during their last sale for it for $15 + 3 shipping.  I feel a bit semi-cheated though because they got rid of it, seeing as they thought it was an unmarketable product.  What is their junk is my treasure I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back