MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Mar 2, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #421 of 3,265
What are the 3 and what type of music do you listen to?

I got a CIEM Shure530s, which I can't quite justify upgrading to the 846s.
Then I have CIEM Brainwavz B2, which I believe is the rebrand of Fischer Audio DBA-02.  Until the P1s these were my personal favorite for the money.
I was gifted the Vsonic GR07s.  I don't really use/like them that much but they were gifted so I can't do anything about them haha.  This one doesn't really count.
Then I purchased the Fiio EX1s after a couple year break of not purchasing IEMs, to check what the hype was about on the Dunu Titans were about.  Sound signature wasn't really my taste but the fit and comfort were excellent.

Lot of the IEMs I've got are older ones but they once held their values when I purchased them :)
Admittedly I haven't purchased/heard many of the Newer IEMs on the block.
I'I mainly listen korean pop, american pop, and acoustic music.  
Again, P1s are strictly better than everything I've listed minus the Shures, which is a slight sidegrade/upgrade. Regardless, the P1s have a special sound that I really crave sometimes even more than my balanced LCD2s at home.  
It has been a while since I've used the single-ended output of my balanced amp on my desktop rig to listen to an IEM at home.

Mar 2, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #422 of 3,265
I also think my R2A is a better sounding IEM than P1 by a small margin. It just sounds more natural and more detailed while delivering smoother sonic signature across the board.
However, P1 has slightly larger sound-stage and much better build quality.
Isolation on both IEM is really good where R2A beating out P1 slightly.

My personal sonic rating for the reference:

JH Angie: 10
K10U: 9.9
FLC8S: 9.4
VE Zen 2.0: 9.3
DN-2000j: 9.3
R2A: 9.2
P1: 9.1
Delta: 8.9

Is that the pro model of the flare audio r2a? Where would u rank the Rockets on that list? After supposedly "packing" my Rockets, I have yet to sell them. I just can't do it. Something so seamless about these miniature iems (rockets, ck10, ie800,  re-400) that I just can't get over. 

Not that anyone asked, but I'd put the Rockets above the top three on that list. But people probably already knew that. :)

Mar 2, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #423 of 3,265
Not that anyone asked, but I'd put the Rockets above the top three on that list. But people probably already knew that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Rockets always sounded like my favorite pillow.. so soft, so cool and rolled off..

Mar 2, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #424 of 3,265

Rockets always sounded like my favorite pillow.. so soft, so cool and rolled off..

They are definitely rolled off at the reference plane. A shallow fit with reversed comply Ts-500 tips produces much more accentuated treble for me than what the graph represents. The mids are more untouchable to my ears.

I'll post a Rockets vs P1 comparison this weekend.

Mar 3, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #427 of 3,265
Crispy is one of the best words to describe a good treble haha.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #434 of 3,265
I also think my R2A is a better sounding IEM than P1 by a small margin. It just sounds more natural and more detailed while delivering smoother sonic signature across the board.
However, P1 has slightly larger sound-stage and much better build quality.
Isolation on both IEM is really good where R2A beating out P1 slightly.

My personal sonic rating for the reference:

JH Angie: 10
K10U: 9.9
FLC8S: 9.4
VE Zen 2.0: 9.3
DN-2000j: 9.3
R2A: 9.2
P1: 9.1
Delta: 8.9

For me is
K10U: 10
FLC8S: 9.5