MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Mar 4, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #451 of 3,265

Cut out the stem from another tip, fit it onto the barrel of the iem, then fit your desired tip over that.

The Comply P series is almost perfect. The fit is great, but the hole is too small. It doesn't fit on the Piston 3 nozzle. How big is the P1 nozzle compared to the Piston 3?

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #452 of 3,265
I called mee audio today and they said it may take up to a month to get the p1 back in stock.I'm in Canada and can't find them anywhere.
frown.gif

headphone bar is the place.............

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #453 of 3,265
_/__ = weakest/weaker) (-/-- = average/great) (+/++ = excellent/exceptional)

Source = Iphone 6 (unless noted)

PSB M4U 4 
Lows = +
Mids = +
Highs = -- *silicone tips* (Tip/fit dependent. Can go from -- to -)

*Amped* 
Lows = ++
Mids = ++
Highs = --

Mee Audio Pinnacle P1
Lows = --
Mids = --
Highs = +

*Amped*
Lows = +
Mids = +
Highs = + (I can't handle the treble at higher volumes with some recordings. Can go from + to --)

Aurisonic Rockets
Lows = __ (Depends on the song. Can go from __ to -)
Mids = ++
Highs = --

*Amped*
Lows = -
Mids = ++
Highs = --

So the Rockets will be up for sale later today along with the Pinnacle P1. Watch the sale thread for some ridiculous deals.

I main Rock (Indie, Classic, Alternative), Hip Hop, and Electronic. I got the most natural tone from the PSB iem. The soundstage is big and the bass is just right without going into basshead territory. The mids are about as close to the Rockets as you're going to get. The cable and housing is soft and rubbery like that of the Audio Technica CK-10, unlike the P1 housing which can feel discomforting after prolong use. Also, the packaging for the PSB is luxurious! Go with the P1 if u walk around with a portable amp or hi-res audio player with sufficient power. I mostly use my iPhone as the audio source, hence, I will be keeping the PSB.

Mar 4, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #457 of 3,265
The treble is very smooth and refined to me. Never noticed harshness at all.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #461 of 3,265
Just went to my local dealer to try the Pinnacle, I must say I like it however the staff there strongly recommend I amp this particular IEM as its not very efficient. I hate carrying an amp around and I stop doing that for a while but after taking their recommendation to try with an amp, I'm blown away. I mean its not subtle improvement and quite day and night for me. I'll be bringing my pico slim down to try again as I only tried with the ifi idsd micro at the store but they are hardly portable in any sense.

Have to wait 2 weeks for stocks to be in though...

Mar 5, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #464 of 3,265
Available for order again at MEE Audio website. Gentlemen start your engines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back