MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Sep 18, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #1,891 of 3,265
Just got these. They are going to be a Christmas present so I will have to pack them again and have them hidden away from me.

These are my first ever IEM's. A change from the full size headphones I normally commute with.

I was worried about comfort but these are so light and small and well designed. They fit perfectly with the small tips and I can easily wear them for up to an hour.

My first thought on the sound was that they were wonderfully clear but seriously lacking bass. I never thought bass was that important to me but I was really missing it. I realised that all my favourite headphones were bassy and now it was missing. I EQ's the bass a little and the solid foundation to my music is back. Absolutely in love with these now. 

Cheers.

Yes they are lacking in sub bass, that and sounding a little diffuse were my only gripes. Everything else is so good.

Sep 25, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #1,898 of 3,265
I finally got around to unboxing my P1 today after a hectic week. Put them on and played my test tracks playlist. What can I say...I barely made it through the 3rd song in the playlist before making up my mind on these babies. They sound amazing! To say I'm pleased with my purchase is nothing short of an understatement. The P1 sits comfortably in my ear, unlike my Shure SE215 which makes my right ear beg for mercy after just 10-15 minutes.

I'm quite new to all this and don't consider myself an audiophile, but I can't stand listening to music with a crappy pair of earphones/headphones. Although I'm not fully conversant with the audiophile lingo yet, I can say that the P1 sounds really really nice. Bass is adequate for my taste and not too light as some have reported. Soundstage seems quite large. They're not too bright unlike my M6 Pro which can be quite fatiguing sometimes with certain tracks/instruments. Vocals sound great. I love the cable (without mic), it just screams quality. Let's see if they sound any different with more playing time. Right now I'm just driving them off my HTC M8 phone with Spotify set on Extreme quality, but afterwards I'll hook them up to my Fiio X1 and DAC-AMP and see what happens.

Oh, and I also noticed that my unit has a quite low serial number. It's P000127. Is Meeaudio making 999,999 P1's? Has anyone noticed any difference in early-run units and units with higher serial numbers?

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #1,899 of 3,265
I finally got around to unboxing my P1 today after a hectic week. Put them on and played my test tracks playlist. What can I say...I barely made it through the 3rd song in the playlist before making up my mind on these babies. They sound amazing! To say I'm pleased with my purchase is nothing short of an understatement. The P1 sits comfortably in my ear, unlike my Shure SE215 which makes my right ear beg for mercy after just 10-15 minutes.

I'm quite new to all this and don't consider myself an audiophile, but I can't stand listening to music with a crappy pair of earphones/headphones. Although I'm not fully conversant with the audiophile lingo yet, I can say that the P1 sounds really really nice. Bass is adequate for my taste and not too light as some have reported. Soundstage seems quite large. They're not too bright unlike my M6 Pro which can be quite fatiguing sometimes with certain tracks/instruments. Vocals sound great. I love the cable (without mic), it just screams quality. Let's see if they sound any different with more playing time. Right now I'm just driving them off my HTC M8 phone with Spotify set on Extreme quality, but afterwards I'll hook them up to my Fiio X1 and DAC-AMP and see what happens.

Oh, and I also noticed that my unit has a quite low serial number. It's P000127. Is Meeaudio making 999,999 P1's? Has anyone noticed any difference in early-run units and units with higher serial numbers?
This is what it's all about. I love to read posts like this.

I'm happy for you, friend. It's not about being and "audiophile" or knowing all the terms. If you can put in to terms what you like about something that's "audiophile" enough for me. The definition of the word "audiophile" is music lover, so as far as I'm concerned, welcome to the club.

The Pinnacle is an incredible earphone. Another thing I really appreciate about them is that Meeaudio really took their time with these and got it right. They aren't releasing a new or self proclaimed "improved version" like some companies do. They brought to market an excellent product a day are letting it make its waves through the mid-fi audio market.

Sep 25, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #1,900 of 3,265

Excellent to hear! The P1 really is a little gem of an IEM. I loved the sound of them for what they were; just a very enjoyable sound which punched well above their "class". My son now enjoys them, immensely.

As for the serial number, early in their was an issue with SOME P1's. Many people sent theirs back and got either new ones or their set was refurbished for free. The story is on this thread earlier...That said, if you purchased yours new, it might be one that was bought by a vendor, and had not sold yet.

If you purchased them scratch-n-dent, or used; that would explain the low number. Regardless, the P1 is a fantastic sounding IEM, and MEE hit the proverbial home run with this one.

Cheers, and good listening!

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,902 of 3,265
  I have number 69 :)

BOOM

Watch out, Bryan Adams might claim it for himself. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back