MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Sep 28, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #1,921 of 3,265

beyersmile.png
. if i want to blend in, i need to get a beats or earpod 
wink_face.gif

Beats are out of style, Audio Technica M50's and those LG tone are what make you look cool now on the streets and gym

Sep 28, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #1,923 of 3,265
  I'm moving up from the Meeaudio M6 pro. The P1's are hooked up to my Galaxy S6 + Fiio a3, they are amazing, everything just has so much more detail to it, very enjoyable. It's worth the wait! I've been lurking in this thread since it started and decided to finally get it as a birthday present to myself this year hehe.  

I did the same, as well as up from the TFZ Series 5. Which tips are you using?

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #1,925 of 3,265
What are your thoughts on the TFZ Series 5? I had a chance to audition them recently, still not sure what to make of them. What do you think of the P1 vs the Series 5?

The S5 is very much a bass-tilted IEM, the first thing I think of is the se846 and Audioquest Nighthawks. If you're someone who really likes a meaty bass region, then the S5 could be a giant killer for you. The fit is good, they're surprisingly large and spacious sounding. A word that comes to mind is "wooden". Like they just make me think of listening to analog media. It's not perfect, but everything sounds so organic it's really lovely. For $60 it's stunningly good. I'd have thought these things cost $200 easily.

The P1 definitely beats the S5, which makes sense. I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say the P1 is the best IEM I've heard so far, beating the se846/535, Aurisonics 2.5, Senn ie800, plus a handful of mid-fi offerings I've heard over the years. Its bass isn't as full as the S5, but that's understandable since it doesn't have 2 separate drivers. I'm using the P1 out of a Little Dot MK2 right now and it's really just ridiculous what they're capable of. They make the kind of sound I was toying with my se846 filters in the hopes of creating. If I thought the Series 5 was $200, I seriously will say if you told me the P1 was $500 or more I'd believe it.

I haven't heard some of the best out there, I've heard great things about the iBasso IEMs, plus I've never tried any customs, but I will say if anyone has $200 handy and wants a set of IEMs the P1 should not only be at the top of the list as far as I've experienced, it should be the entire list.

Now, I'm keeping my S5 because sometimes you just want that thick, meaty kind of sound and the P1 can't deliver in the way the S5 does, but both of these things are ridiculously cheap for the performance. If someone wants an IEM for under $100, I've heard TONS in that price range from Sony/Klipsch/HiFiMan/Shure/Vmoda/Futuresonics/Final/etc and the Series 5 beats 'em all. I know over on SABF they had a dude calling the S3 better than his JH13 pro and crap but that's crazy. They're not THAT good. More like... they're good enough that you shouldn't feel any need to upgrade. 

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #1,926 of 3,265

The S5 is very much a bass-tilted IEM, the first thing I think of is the se846 and Audioquest Nighthawks. If you're someone who really likes a meaty bass region, then the S5 could be a giant killer for you. The fit is good, they're surprisingly large and spacious sounding. A word that comes to mind is "wooden". Like they just make me think of listening to analog media. It's not perfect, but everything sounds so organic it's really lovely. For $60 it's stunningly good. I'd have thought these things cost $200 easily.

The P1 definitely beats the S5, which makes sense. I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say the P1 is the best IEM I've heard so far, beating the se846/535, Aurisonics 2.5, Senn ie800, plus a handful of mid-fi offerings I've heard over the years. Its bass isn't as full as the S5, but that's understandable since it doesn't have 2 separate drivers. I'm using the P1 out of a Little Dot MK2 right now and it's really just ridiculous what they're capable of. They make the kind of sound I was toying with my se846 filters in the hopes of creating. If I thought the Series 5 was $200, I seriously will say if you told me the P1 was $500 or more I'd believe it.

I haven't heard some of the best out there, I've heard great things about the iBasso IEMs, plus I've never tried any customs, but I will say if anyone has $200 handy and wants a set of IEMs the P1 should not only be at the top of the list as far as I've experienced, it should be the entire list.

Now, I'm keeping my S5 because sometimes you just want that thick, meaty kind of sound and the P1 can't deliver in the way the S5 does, but both of these things are ridiculously cheap for the performance. If someone wants an IEM for under $100, I've heard TONS in that price range from Sony/Klipsch/HiFiMan/Shure/Vmoda/Futuresonics/Final/etc and the Series 5 beats 'em all. I know over on SABF they had a dude calling the S3 better than his JH13 pro and crap but that's crazy. They're not THAT good. More like... they're good enough that you shouldn't feel any need to upgrade. 

Thems is some mighty big praises for the P1's.

I shy away from publicly stating how wonderful these P1's are. They are so relatively inexpensive and they are produced by a company that admittedly has excelled at low and just barely mid fi. But battling in the high end IEM coliseum at $199 or less? But I have to agree with you.

When I sit down and decide between my Fostex cans and these, it's a 50-50 toss up. It depends on my mood.

Anyone want to buy my JVC FX850's? Or my Phonak 232s.  Not sure where they are. I haven't seen them in a few months, but I'm sure they are around here somewhere.

Sep 29, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #1,927 of 3,265
  Thems is some mighty big praises for the P1's.

I shy away from publicly stating how wonderful these P1's are. They are so relatively inexpensive and they are produced by a company that admittedly has excelled at low and just barely mid fi. But battling in the high end IEM coliseum at $199 or less? But I have to agree with you.

When I sit down and decide between my Fostex cans and these, it's a 50-50 toss up. It depends on my mood.

Anyone want to buy my JVC FX850's? Or my Phonak 232s.  Not sure where they are. I haven't seen them in a few months, but I'm sure they are around here somewhere.

Well I'm not sure I can agree with GuyDudes rating the P1's over the Shures, Auri's or Senn's but I do beleive they have the SS and tonal quality he prefers. I will say IMO that for $199.00 the P1 is one heck of a iem and for sure worth their asking price
wink_face.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #1,928 of 3,265
I just ordered the P1 - I've read many contradicting reviews but I though I might risk it. I'm a neutral head, and enjoy the likes of HD600, Focal Spirit Pro, Ortofon EQ5, with my Chord Mojo. I'm hoping the P1s won't disappoint! Some say they are neutral, some say warm and bassy, and some say they're peaky and lean.. I don't think I've read such a wide variety of opinions about one earphone, colour me intrigued 

Sep 29, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #1,929 of 3,265
I just ordered the P1 - I've read many contradicting reviews but I though I might risk it. I'm a neutral head, and enjoy the likes of HD600, Focal Spirit Pro, Ortofon EQ5, with my Chord Mojo. I'm hoping the P1s won't disappoint! Some say they are neutral, some say warm and bassy, and some say they're peaky and lean.. I don't think I've read such a wide variety of opinions about one earphone, colour me intrigued 

From a measurements perspective they are not neutral by diffuse field or BK standards. I like the phrase 'a playful take on neutral'.

Those that prefer outright bassy signatures will find them bass light and those that like a more diffuse field approach will find them a little bassy. There is a lower treble peak that may bother some but most tend to find them pretty smooth up top. At the very least they are entertaining, musical and spacious.

Sep 29, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,931 of 3,265
From a measurements perspective they are not neutral by diffuse field or BK standards. I like the phrase 'a playful take on neutral'.

Those that prefer outright bassy signatures will find them bass light and those that like a more diffuse field approach will find them a little bassy. There is a lower treble peak that may bother some but most tend to find them pretty smooth up top. At the very least they are entertaining, musical and spacious.

Thanks for your input. Playful take on neutral might be ok... I will get to hear them soon enough. If they're a bit too playful I will be selling them however. It seems very difficult finding neutralish (close to HD600) IEMs that don't cost an arm and a leg. Maybe I just need to sell couple of my organs for a Campfire Andromeda and stop worrying about it :)

Sep 29, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #1,932 of 3,265

wow,didnt know p1 is so good

Sep 29, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #1,934 of 3,265

Well I'm not sure I can agree with GuyDudes rating the P1's over the Shures, Auri's or Senn's but I do beleive they have the SS and tonal quality he prefers. I will say IMO that for $199.00 the P1 is one heck of a iem and for sure worth their asking price
wink_face.gif

Yeah, I readily admit these have a REALLY nice sig for my ears. The Auris were too bassy for my tastes, the Senns had an odd sound that just didn't work for me, and eventually I wanted something flatter than the Shures (modding didn't work in a way I liked).

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,935 of 3,265
Given the inconsistencies of reported bass response; my main conclusion is that many people (people like yours truly) are getting a subpar fit with their tips even though everything seems about right.  Normally when I get a tip fit wrong it is like putting your head inside of a giant bell and then giving the bell a nice clang.   This is more like a light tap; no real obvious problem even though it would appear the fit is not right given what Brooko said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back