MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Sep 26, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #1,906 of 3,265
HD600 sounds pretty similar to P1? Wow.. Really? Now that really is something. The P1 must be something else. I've heard the HD598 but not the 600.

​HD598?  Are they kidding?  These sound NO WHERE NEAR the 598s, they are out of their league.  I would compare them to a EM4PT with a slight less in clarity, over-extended soundstage, and much more "whole" sounding.  I'd put them up there, yes I would.

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #1,910 of 3,265
  I just got the P1s in yesterday as a sidegrade to my daily drivers (RHA T20, Sony XBA-A3), and these in no way are bass-light. Certainly not like what some posters earlier on in this thread have been reporting. If anything the P1s are very slightly V-shaped, and you definitely do notice the bass. Those saying otherwise must have had a bad seal during their testing. Still not basshead IEMs by any measure, of course. These sound just fine plugged into my iPhone 6S at about 3/4 volume. 

Very happy with my purchase as the P1s make a very good counterpoint to my other 2 IEMs. Nicely reproduced highs as opposed to the bassier T20s and fantastic vocals. Soundstaging isn't great, though, but I've been spoiled by the A3 (You'd have to spend a pretty penny to beat the A3/Z5's soundstaging). As a nice bonus, the P1s are also much, much, MUCH less fussy for portable use. The T20s are stupidly overengineered and the A3s stick right out of your ear canal, which can look...awkward. The housings pretty much disappear into your ears, wire is nice and pliable and no silly over-ear clips!

so P1 is not better than Sony XBA-A3? i am using A3 now and was thinking about getting P1. Please let me know how do you think of these two. thank you!

Sep 27, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #1,911 of 3,265
Just north in price:
- Sony XBA A3: These are absolutely fantastic for the price. Crazy soundstage in depth and breadth. The P1's are slightly, slightly behind the A3's in this area. But I should point out the soundstage on the P1's are outstanding, but the A3 are on another level. The A3's are also more detailed across lows, mids and highs. an amazing buy if you can make the fit work out.

gosh, was going to pull the trigger until i saw this.

decision decision decision....

Sep 27, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #1,912 of 3,265

I don't know, $40 more and they might fit! The P-1 is an exceptional iem for $199 IMO but alas you are the one buying as I have mine
wink_face.gif
As the Knight told Indy, choose wisely
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #1,913 of 3,265

check out the ibasso it03
review by @jon parker
http://www.head-fi.org/products/ibasso-it03/reviews/16961

Sep 28, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #1,917 of 3,265
Since I am only able to try the P1 today while i was looking for the Campfire Orion due to its mid-centric nature... I'll just say this.

Fed the P1 demo on my Fiio X1 + E12A stack and what I am hearing was astonishing. The details produced from them are stunning for this price range.

And what's even crazier is that the soundstage is so enormous I swear these things are priced incorrectly for such performance. But they aren't!

These are almost as good as Dita The Answer to my ears. And holy crap do they scale well on better DAPs and amps.

Tried my friend's AK70 + Mojo stack on it and immediately the P1 sprung to a whole new life in musicality and clarity.

It's mind boggling, what Mee audio did here was magical to my ears...

Really consider buying them from my Xb50AP Sony iem...

But I still need to know...

How does this little giant-killer compare to the Campfire Orion?

I need to know cause I never got a chance to demo it at all. But I want to know how it compares.

Anyone that tried both and can give a bit of clue for me will be most appreciated.

I really like the P1 for its amazing scaling ability as well as immense soundstage and brilliant treble but I am someone who's lean towards on the vocals more.

P1's mids are great for its price but I still wanna know Orion's comparison to it.

Sep 28, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #1,918 of 3,265
  a3 is more bassy than p1 IMO.
The high of a3 extended more 

thanks bro. money saved :D

. They look heavier than the p1 which makes me think they'd have trouble staying in the ear canal.

its ok because apparently i walk 15mins or so to my office so its ok to adjust them every now and then. and i got a good deal with sony A3, i got it for $120 from the sony store a few months ago. 

I don't know, $40 more and they might fit! The P-1 is an exceptional iem for $199 IMO but alas you are the one buying as I have mine
wink_face.gif
As the Knight told Indy, choose wisely
bigsmile_face.gif

beerchug.gif

guess i can save the money and wait for RHA CL1 . or ie800 :D

Sep 28, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #1,919 of 3,265
  thanks bro. money saved :D

its ok because apparently i walk 15mins or so to my office so its ok to adjust them every now and then. and i got a good deal with sony A3, i got it for $120 from the sony store a few months ago. 

guess i can save the money and wait for RHA CL1 . or ie800 :D

i chose p1 over a3 (in malaysia the a3 only cost 200 usd) because of the fit and the look,it feel really weird to wear at library 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back