MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Sep 17, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #1,877 of 3,265
It is only since about a year that I started actively investigating iems. The portability and the miniaturisation are such a joy and the constant improvement is breathtaking. In the course of last year I bought several in-ears from cheap (Joyroom 107) to relatively expensive (Nuforce Primo 8). While listening and letting it all sink in (early enthusiasm can prove to be a misjudgement due to new toy syndrome) I discovered that the sound signature that I liked the most is coming from Vsonic's GR07: balanced (no bloated bass), coherent (this is a problem I think with all the hybrids and balanced armature iems I heard up till now), no congestion with air around the instruments believably positioned in a soundstage...

As this benign 'illness' gets a hold of you, you're always on the look-out for a better iem. I have the impression after reading so much good stuff about the Mee Pinnacle that this earphone might be the step-up for me, taking into account the sound signature of GR07. Or do you think the improvements are marginal?

One cannot say enough how great this forum is. This is the 21st century at its best. Information flows freely all over the world and everybody's contributing to make (auditory) life better for each other. :beerchug:  
It's almost been a year since I started my iem journey as well.I had the gr07 before and can say my p1's are way better!Thanks to headfi i'm a lot more broke and happier!:)

Sep 17, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #1,878 of 3,265
It's almost been a year since I started my iem journey as well.I had the gr07 before and can say my p1's are way better!Thanks to headfi i'm a lot more broke and happier!
smily_headphones1.gif

Great, thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to take a calculated risk. :wink:

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #1,880 of 3,265
My pair arrived today and loving them!! Can't say the same thing about amazon's delivery service they left the parcel at the end of my path and it was there for almost 5 hours if the tracking is to be believed, they'll be getting an angry complaint shortly hehe

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,881 of 3,265
Wow, luckily nobody took them away. 5 hours is a long time for a lonesome Pinnacle P1 to be sitting at the end of a path :) 

Would appreciate a more detailed first impression of the P1's from you.

I'm eagerly anticipating mine to arrive on Monday.

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,882 of 3,265
I'm moving up from the Meeaudio M6 pro. The P1's are hooked up to my Galaxy S6 + Fiio a3, they are amazing, everything just has so much more detail to it, very enjoyable. It's worth the wait! I've been lurking in this thread since it started and decided to finally get it as a birthday present to myself this year hehe.  

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #1,883 of 3,265
  I'm moving up from the Meeaudio M6 pro. The P1's are hooked up to my Galaxy S6 + Fiio a3, they are amazing, everything just has so much more detail to it, very enjoyable. It's worth the wait! I've been lurking in this thread since it started and decided to finally get it as a birthday present to myself this year hehe.  

+1. Enjoy your P1's :)

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #1,884 of 3,265
Just got these. They are going to be a Christmas present so I will have to pack them again and have them hidden away from me.

These are my first ever IEM's. A change from the full size headphones I normally commute with.

I was worried about comfort but these are so light and small and well designed. They fit perfectly with the small tips and I can easily wear them for up to an hour.

My first thought on the sound was that they were wonderfully clear but seriously lacking bass. I never thought bass was that important to me but I was really missing it. I realised that all my favourite headphones were bassy and now it was missing. I EQ's the bass a little and the solid foundation to my music is back. Absolutely in love with these now. 

Cheers.

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #1,885 of 3,265
Just got these. They are going to be a Christmas present so I will have to pack them again and have them hidden away from me.

These are my first ever IEM's. A change from the full size headphones I normally commute with.

I was worried about comfort but these are so light and small and well designed. They fit perfectly with the small tips and I can easily wear them for up to an hour.

My first thought on the sound was that they were wonderfully clear but seriously lacking bass. I never thought bass was that important to me but I was really missing it. I realised that all my favourite headphones were bassy and now it was missing. I EQ's the bass a little and the solid foundation to my music is back. Absolutely in love with these now. 

Cheers.

Congrats, and Merry Christmas? Haha. Also, a good deal with the tips, will help enhance the bass. Seriously good IEM.

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,888 of 3,265

Cheers.

Robert, may I know if you used an amp to drive your P1? Perhaps you can try something like the Fiio Q1 or E12, the bass boost function on these are quite tasteful and well done (IMHO). May help to boost the bass a bit.

Also, where do you get the JVC Spiral Dot tips from?

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,889 of 3,265
Hi, @fonkepala

I am in the UK and there are Japanese sellers on eBay selling the spiral dots. I am going to wait a little before buying them as I will not be able to use the P1s until Christmas.

I was listening with my HRT microstreamer. An amp I love but sadly no bass boost, which I agree, would be very nice with these.

I am okay with EQ. I realise a little raise in the sub bass and I am good.

My other headphones are bass monsters so I have become used to a solid rumbling foundation.

Cheers.

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #1,890 of 3,265
Has anyone on this thread heard the JVC FXZ200s?

I actually ordered those and the P1s to have an IEM shootout and keep my favorites, but I loved the P1s so much I had an attack of conscious and sent the JVCs back to Amazon unopened. Man, I do wonder what the triple driver goodness would have been like.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back