MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Aug 26, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #1,846 of 3,265
Amazing sound with the Fiio X5 as well.

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #1,850 of 3,265
  i am actually looking at IE800 right now. in your opinion, i can get P1 and be done with it for 1/3 of the price? 

well it depends with the sound you want

Ie800 - v shaped, BIG bass, thin unatural treble but it has outstanding detail and clarity.
P1 - a lot more balanced, more coherant, bigger soundstage also 3D like, realistic treble, tighter bass, also very detailed and clear just not as much as ie800.

so if you want to spend the same amount of money you could get a P1 + mojo for the same price as Ie800 and youd be happier imo.

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #1,851 of 3,265
thank you! 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deftone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ie800 - v shaped, BIG bass, thin unatural treble but it has outstanding detail and clarity.
P1 - a lot more balanced, more coherant, bigger soundstage also 3D like, realistic treble, tighter bass, also very detailed and clear just not as much as ie800.

so if you want to spend the same amount of money you could get a P1 + mojo for the same price as Ie800 and youd be happier imo.

Aug 31, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,852 of 3,265

this is so true.
p1 + mojo > ie800 all day everyday imo

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #1,855 of 3,265
I have used both the Fiio Q1 and the XDuoo XD-05 with the P1s, and both of them drive them wonderfully. I don't have a favorite, they are both different in their own way. They both give the P1 a little bit of extra oomph over the sound straight from the iPod or iPhone. I am still so impressed by the sound of the P1s -- they are wonderful.

I'm glad someone likes the EN700s. I got mine and I am very underwhelmed. I've already burned them in for 40 hours, and I don't care for them. I have already tried several tips, but I guess I have to try some more tip rolling to try and handle the shrill high end. I suspect I'll end up selling them. I've read that the OSTRY folks were involved in these, and those are miles above the EN700s so far.

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #1,856 of 3,265

no problem! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 5, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #1,859 of 3,265
more fun means more v-shaped sound signature?

Fun is what YOU consider to be "fun." If you like the sound and it makes you happy, then it is fun. Don't let anyone else define what constitutes "fun" to you.

The P1 is a fantastic sounding iem, which I would consider "fun" because I love the sound, not because someone tells me it's "fun."...

I really hate it when others on here define terms...it's your ears, enjoy what you like, get rid of what you don't. Thus endeth the rant; I now return to my P1's...because I want to...:thumbsup:

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #1,860 of 3,265
Fun is what YOU consider to be "fun." If you like the sound and it makes you happy, then it is fun. Don't let anyone else define what constitutes "fun" to you.

The P1 is a fantastic sounding iem, which I would consider "fun" because I love the sound, not because someone tells me it's "fun."...

I really hate it when others on here define terms...it's your ears, enjoy what you like, get rid of what you don't. Thus endeth the rant; I now return to my P1's...because I want to...:thumbsup:
Well what you're saying is true to an extent, but terms DO have to be defined around here just for the sake of a decent conversation. When people say fun to describe an iem or headphone, i think i'd be leaning towards the definition of boosted bass rather than "it's whatever you perceive". Ya feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back