MDR-EX300LP: pleasantly surprised!
Mar 31, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #17 of 24
They should sound warm and relaxed with a full bass and non-harsh treble. At least, that's how I remember them and another head-fier described them the same way a while back.

May 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #18 of 24
Hello! I'll do a little thread rescurrecting here as Im interested in theese earphones as an upgrade to my current mdr ex75s. What I cant seem to find info about is how the design of the ex 300s works. Where do you put the big damn thing? Is the whole earphone itself designed to be put in your outer ear?

May 7, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Ive never used apple earphones, Im just comparing to my k518s and there off by a mile and price wise there only 30-40 dollar difrence new

Well, you've compared two completely different kinds of 'phones. The K518 IIRC is a much larger on-ear DJ-style headphone (although smallish for its type). No in-ear will deliver as wide of a soundstage as a larger headphone. And perhaps you have had trouble with the fit of any in-ear 'phones?

Feb 13, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #21 of 24

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I haven't tried these so I can't say for certain, but $35 seems a bit low for the EX300 when Amazon has them for just under $50. I hate to say this, but you may have gotten yourself a fake.

Thats what I was thinking to, but it came with all the papers etc, warranty paper from sony and etc. Do you think this is a big enough issue to accuse the seller of selling fakes?

i dont think you know the difference with knock offs and legit my friend got some Dre beats tour and he got it for 30 (im pretty sure their fake from that price) and they still came with every paper work and the logo and everything was right there are very few small difference with the real ones and knock offs. 

Also I'm also thinking about buying some of three earbuds - Sony EX85    or    Sony EX300     or    Sennheiser cx 300-II     

I found the ex85 for 21 dollars on eardio and the sennheiser and the ex300 for 31$ on eardio and on cowboom, their legit websites so I'm not worried about fake it's not a person selling them so which would be best for Hip Hop and Rock (so a lot of clear head thumping bass and crisp preferably weak treble)  

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #24 of 24
I have a pair of EX300SL too, I find it is actually not bad. Very suitable for modern pop music or mainstream user. Just wonder how is the EX500SL and EX700SL, I heard EX500SL sounds the same as EX300SL just better build and many said EX700SL is not worth the money. I never listen to the 500/700 before, anyone care to comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back