MDR-EX1000 cable replacement
Jul 18, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #49 of 72
So ex800 is only if you want to stay single ended? In your view, which best/ easiest if I want buy a balanced cable? Thanks for the reply.
The problem with the EX800, the thread on the connectors are slightly different to that of the EX1000 and EX600, cables from the EX1000 or EX600 will fit the EX800, but the EX800 won't fit on the other two, and most if not all custom cables uses a non OEM EXK connectors which will not fit the EX800, you can force it in, but will probably damage the thread on the EX800.

So far it's confirmed that the stock EX1000 is able to be re-terminated to Pentaconn 4.4mm, but the stock cable for EX600 and EX800 has not been confirmed yet, I have asked e-earphones, but they have not been asked to re-terminated these two cables, so they cannot confirm this.

You can purchased the EX1000 as a optional spare part, but the problem is, the stock is very limited, Sony Japan has confirmed to me that the EX1000 cable is out of stock and they will not getting anymore, so I presume, the EX1000 could be EOL. so what remains are left over stock cables which is still on the market.

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #50 of 72
Guys I havent tried this but Brise Audio, whose 2-pin IEM I have and love, now makes EX-1000 cable.

http://briseaudio.jp/store/product/special/mdr-ex1000.html

There is this, but does not have a stock connector, it's a third party non original.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.7625083.1998302264.5.504f4e69Oqdjdj&id=554630802940

or this which is OEM connectors, but expensive.

http://e4ua.jp/?p=2825

4000yen labour cost for each piece, total 8000yen for both Left and Right

5800yen for the EX parts

890yen for the MMCX parts

Total 14690yen (including tax 15865 yen)

This is for the matt black.

Optional cost

Glossy finish + 2000yen

Tone adjustment correspondence + 1500yen (including colors other than black, selection include, white, transparent, clear color and metallic type)

Metallic type requires glossy finish, + 2000yen and 1500yen

Shipping will be handled only by EMS in case of overseas shipping, shipping fee will vary depending on the area of residence. In addition, 1000 yen is separately paid as a packing / shipping fee.

We accept your quotation and enter the production queue by depositing via PayPal. Please note that payment with PayPal will cost 4% commission.

The total amount you will pay is "(Product fee + EMS shipping + packing · shipping fee) xPayPal payment commission 4%".
We have received 10 to 25 business days from the date we received payment and received confirmation. Currently it is shipping in around 10 business days.

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #51 of 72
The problem with the EX800, the thread on the connectors are slightly different to that of the EX1000 and EX600, cables from the EX1000 or EX600 will fit the EX800, but the EX800 won't fit on the other two, and most if not all custom cables uses a non OEM EXK connectors which will not fit the EX800, you can force it in, but will probably damage the thread on the EX800.

So far it's confirmed that the stock EX1000 is able to be re-terminated to Pentaconn 4.4mm, but the stock cable for EX600 and EX800 has not been confirmed yet, I have asked e-earphones, but they have not been asked to re-terminated these two cables, so they cannot confirm this.

You can purchased the EX1000 as a optional spare part, but the problem is, the stock is very limited, Sony Japan has confirmed to me that the EX1000 cable is out of stock and they will not getting anymore, so I presume, the EX1000 could be EOL. so what remains are left over stock cables which is still on the market.

Thank you for the helpful reply. It seems the best course is to try to find an OEM ex1000 cable (if I can) and have it Re-terminated. Would I have to go to Sony or do any third parties you know of sell oem cables? Thanks.

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #53 of 72
Thank you for the helpful reply. It seems the best course is to try to find an OEM ex1000 cable (if I can) and have it Re-terminated. Would I have to go to Sony or do any third parties you know of sell oem cables? Thanks.
Your only option is to contact Sony in your country and see if they have the RK EX1000 cable, if you are sourcing the stock from Sony USA, it's unlikely they will have them, as Sony does not stock this cable, the EX1000 USA version comes with the RK EX600 cable instead (stock cable for the EX600 model), but you can try, other places that does have stock is www.taobao.cn, expect about USD 70 with addition charge on top, but you have to use a shipping agent to help you purchase them. As I did mentioned, non OEM cables or connectors might not work.

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #54 of 72
Jul 18, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #55 of 72
Here is a cheap place for a ex1000 cable, custom version, you can select what plug you want, although they say it's for all version, you might consider taking the chance. on the other hand why not get the Ex1000, and what DAP do you have. So people on this forum has tried this cable (MMCX version with 4.4mm Balanced) and considered it to be alright.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-5...3850-4b53-9420-61a01b419e79&priceBeautifyAB=0

You may be right that getting the ex1000 may be the better and easier option. I had considered these, but was hesitant due to the treble spike some people say it can have. I have z7 headphones, which I really like and thought the ex800 may have a more similar sound to these. However, I think I am going to reconsider this. I plan on using them with a zx300 I intend to buy. Thanks for the link and the suggestions. This cable is very reasonably priced.

Jul 18, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #56 of 72
You may be right that getting the ex1000 may be the better and easier option. I had considered these, but was hesitant due to the treble spike some people say it can have. I have z7 headphones, which I really like and thought the ex800 may have a more similar sound to these. However, I think I am going to reconsider this. I plan on using them with a zx300 I intend to buy. Thanks for the link and the suggestions. This cable is very reasonably priced.
Apparently the EX800 does not go well with the ZX300, this is with my experience and someone else on this forum, but the EX1000 with balanced is a perfect match.

Jul 18, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #58 of 72
Ah! Seems like it has to be the ex1000. Thanks for all the help.
Make sure you get the Japanese version, not the US version.

Jul 20, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #60 of 72
I just contacted this person again for a up to date on his adapter, the information below is probably a year ago, further below is the up to date information that I received yesterday.

http://e4ua.jp/?p=2825

4000yen labour cost for each piece, total 8000yen for both Left and Right

5800yen for the EX parts

890yen for the MMCX parts

Total 14690yen (including tax 15865 yen)

This is for the matt black.

Optional cost

Glossy finish + 2000yen

Tone adjustment correspondence + 1500yen (including colors other than black, selection include, white, transparent, clear color and metallic type)

Metallic type requires glossy finish, + 2000yen and 1500yen

Shipping will be handled only by EMS in case of overseas shipping, shipping fee will vary depending on the area of residence. In addition, 1000 yen is separately paid as a packing / shipping fee.

We accept your quotation and enter the production queue by depositing via PayPal. Please note that payment with PayPal will cost 4% commission.

The total amount you will pay is "(Product fee + EMS shipping + packing · shipping fee) xPayPal payment commission 4%".
We have received 10 to 25 business days from the date we received payment and received confirmation. Currently it is shipping in around 10 business days

This was received yesterday, so there is a slight differences in the price, please note that the shipping cost for international is approximate 1000 yen, the shipping listed below is shipping within Japan, and in this case Osaka, as I will be in Japan Osaka in November, so I asked his for shipping within Japan.

Below is a google translation.

さてご質問いただきました件、MMCXをMDR-EX1000系(EX800ST,EX600)用プラグに変換する極短変換アダプタですね。部品在庫はございますので製作可能です。

商品代金についてですがヘッドホン側2極の極短変換プラグアダプタは製作費を設定しており、基本工賃として4000円/個(左右で8000円)を頂戴しております。この他に部品代がかかります。製作費と部品代の合計が商品代(税・送料含まず)となります。

基本の構成(艶消し磨き仕上げ)、イヤホン側プラグはE4UAで在庫するMDR-EX1000用を使用して製作する場合のお見積りは以下のようになります。

MMCX - MDR-EX1000系 極短変換プラグアダプタ 左右 形状未定 基本仕様
 MDR-EX1000純正プラグ 6800円
 MMCXジャック 780円
 製作費 8000円
商品代 15580円(税込み16826円 送料含まず)

です。
イヤーフックスタイルかストレートダウンスタイルかでお値段は変わりございません。

オプションとしてご用意できますものは
艶バフ仕上げ +2000円
調色対応 +3500円 (黒・白・透明・クリアレッド・クリアブルー以外の色、その他のクリアカラーやメタリック系含む)
がございます。
メタリック系は艶仕上げが必要になりますので、上記2つのオプションを含む製作費となります。

発送は郵便 クリックポスト(梱包・送料として500円)が最安となっております。こちらお安い発送方法ですが輸送中の事故に対して補償が有りません。今まで破損や不着などは有りませんが、今後も無いことを保証するものではありません。
もしご心配でしたら宅急便(全国一律1000円)などのご利用をお勧めします。
これらの着払いの場合は梱包・発送手数料として500円をいただきます。
なおその他の輸送方法も可能な限り対応させていただきますが、追跡番号の無い発送方法(定形外郵便など)はこちらからの発送したという証拠が残りませんのでご選択いただけません。

お見積もりをご了承いただき、PayPal経由にてご入金いただきます事で製作キューに入ります。
PayPalでのご入金には総額の4%の入金手数料がかかります事、ご了承ください。

お支払いいただきます合計金額は、
”(商品代+商品代の10%+EMS送料)xPayPalお支払い手数料4%”
です。
納期(発送まで)はご入金いただき確認が取れました日より10~25日(営業日)頂いています。

Although it is about the price of goods, the headphone side 2 pole extremely short conversion plug adapter has set the production cost and we have received 4000 yen / piece (8000 yen on the left and right) as basic labor cost. In addition to this, parts cost is applied. The total of production cost and parts cost will be the product fee (excluding tax / shipping fee).

Estimate for the basic configuration (Matte polish finish), earphone side plug stocked for E4UA for MDR - EX1000 will be as follows.

MMCX - MDR - EX1000 Series Extremely Short Conversion Plug Adapter Left and Right Shape Undetermined Basic Specification
MDR-EX1000 genuine plug 6800 yen
MMCX Jack 780 yen
Production cost 8000 yen
Product fee 15580 yen (tax included 16826 yen shipping fee excluded)

is.
The price does not change with ear hook style or straight down style.

What can be prepared as an option
Gloss buff finish + 2000 yen
Tone adjustment correspondence + 3500 yen (including colors other than black, white, transparent, clear red, clear blue, other clear color and metallic type)
There is.
Metallic type requires glossy finish, so it will cost the production including the above two options.

Shipping is postal click post (500 yen as packing · shipping fee) is the cheapest. Although it is a cheap delivery method, there is no compensation for the accident during transportation. Until now, there is no breakage or non-arrival, but there is no guarantee that it will not exist in the future.
If you are worried, we recommend using Takkyubin (1000 yen nationwide) etc.
In the case of these CODs we will charge 500 yen as a packing and shipping fee.
Furthermore other transportation method. As much as possible we will correspond., Pursuit number. No delivery method (non-standard-sized mail etc.). Here from shipping did evidence .... not therefore selection is not possible.

We accept your quotation and enter the production queue by depositing via PayPal.
Please note that payment with PayPal will cost 4% of the total amount of the deposit fee.

The total amount you will pay is
"(10% of commodity fee + commodity fee + EMS shipping fee) xPayPal payment commission 4%"
is.
10-25 business days are received from the date we received payment and received confirmation until the delivery date (shipping).
is

P1180021.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back