MDR-EX1000 cable replacement

Page 1 of 5
2 3 4 5
Next

Last
  1. frustin
    Please help. :triportsad: My wire in the 3.5 jack has come loose on my Sony MDR-EX1000. I need a replacement cable. Got an Oppo HA-2SE amp if that helps.

Looking for a warm cable for my bassy dance music. I'm UK based so it'd be good if i could buy locally.

The two pin cables screw into the headphones themselves, i dont see that with normal IEM replacement cables. just seems to be two pin connectors that push in.

Are there any iem cables that have the L shaped 3.5mm jack?

Looking to spend no more than £250 ($330).

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. azabu
  3. frustin
    unfortunately they dont ship to the UK :frowning2: Got excited there.

4. azabu
    There is a Japanese guy that does ex1000s cables, ok I found it. This was from a previous post by audionewbi:

http://e4ua.jp/?cat=51

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  5. frustin
    thanks, unfortunately i cant translate that page.

this would be the product i'd need ( http://e4ua.jp/?p=1919 ) however i cant buy it because i cant translate the page.

6. azabu

just open it with the google chrome browser and use the translate button, or use google translate. he's made cables for overseas customers before.

7. frustin
    i am using chrome and it says, "this page cannot be translated" :frowning2:

EDIT: however i managed to go to google translate page and put the url in directly, that worked.

Couple of things:

There doesnt seem to be a "buy" button. Do i need to use the "contact us"?

Cost is about £200 according to the page (29102 yen)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  8. azabu
    If you click on the contact us, you'll see he asks for customers to use google translate. I'll be doing the same as well.

9. Sarnia
    I bought a cable from Forza Audio Works with the screw in connectors for the MDR-EX1000. When it turned up it didn't fit.

I contacted Matt at Forza and he found out he'd been sent the wrong connectors. He's got my cable back now and is putting the correct ones on. I'm hoping to receive it pretty soon, so I'll let you know how it works out.

azabu likes this.
  10. Raketen
    If it's just the 3.5mm jack I'd suggest taking it to an electronics repair shop- or any acquaintance with a soldering iron- and having them put a new jack on it, pretty simple repair.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  11. deafdoorknob
    that connector is very tricky, ex800 and ex1000 connectors looks identical but their threads are fractionally different, even with stock sony cables (ex1k cable works with both but ex800 cable needs to be forced into the ex1k), third party connectors tend to fit one but not the other and if you use brute force, you'd end up stripping the threads of the iem.

http://e4ua.jp/?cat=51 is the only supplier i know that uses official sony connectors for ex1k and ex800 but he is not exactly cheap.

i got http://e4ua.jp/?cat=51 to make me ex to mmcx adapters using stock sony connectors... the adapters are around 120$ usd (not cheap) but it is a good investment in the long run as would make the iems more universal in cable choices in the future.

other ones i tried tend to be hit and miss, beat audio and swan audio cables work for ex1k but not my ex800.

12. all999
    I can't find connectors there, only adapters? Have You tried those adapters? Since original EX800/1000 connectors goes toward your head, MMCX used on plugged cable must be really short and angled. Otherwise they will hurt you.

13. deafdoorknob
    will know in a week *fingers crossed* i have an effect audio cable that has angled mmcx at the ready.

you can ask if he sells you the ex connectors, on the invoice the connectors costs 5800¥

(listed as MDR-EX1000純正プラグ 5800円)

fwiw, he also manufactures ex compatible cables.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  14. deafdoorknob
    IMG_4170.JPG
    (left is the original, right is the 3rd party supplier, note the threads themselves are thicker but the section itself is shorter than the original)

psa

the ex connectors from nocturnal audio cables are also defective and wouldn't go on either the ex800 or ex1000, i have emailed them requesting a course of action.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  15. deafdoorknob
    867720AF-0D3B-459A-B8E3-9243ECE311A8-1232-0000029193EC9B7A.jpeg

fyi (not mine tho)

Page 1 of 5
2 3 4 5
Next

Last