McDonald's or Subway
Oct 15, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #77 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by crapback /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I've seen a few people mention getting a coffee with skim/fat free milk and no sugar so that brings up another old question.

How many people here eat McD's food and get a diet drink?

I do. I gave up sugar soda a long time ago. Now I mostly drink Splenda soda and aspartame when I have to. I've tried Stevia and I had a bad reaction to it.
frown.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #78 of 122
I'm curious how many of the people who eat at McDonalds cook. It would be interesting to have another poll for MD's yay nay, and cook or not. Seems like you have to have a disconect from ingredients to just enjoy the taste alone. Maybe that would explain it?

Oct 15, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #79 of 122
i read that diet soda can be bad for you and can actually cause you to eat more. i try to stay away from soda period and stick with juice or water instead.

when getting breakfast at Mcdonalds, i usually get the iced mocha. their pretty good, but no way near as good as other stand alone coffee shops. Starbucks is overrated IMO.

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #81 of 122
That sounds really gross and I almost made a special sauce joke that probably would've got me in trouble with the mods.
smily_headphones1.gif
Seriously though, where do you get a big mac that has enough "meat" on it to be juicy?

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #82 of 122
Quote:

That sounds really gross and I almost made a special sauce joke that probably would've got me in trouble with the mods.
smily_headphones1.gif
Seriously though, where do you get a big mac that has enough "meat" on it to be juicy?

It's the juicy sauce dripping down your chin. mmmm

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #83 of 122
I can't look at subway meat with out queasing. It's looks like a human skin lamp shade or a gray scale road map (the roast beef). Real meat don't look like that, son. Yes, meat marbling is a good thing, naturally, but the 'marbling' in Subway's meat ain't right. The human eye is good at picking out non-random patterns and that marbling isn't random. That meat has seen too many processes. It's a nicely camouflaged aspic, but someone as refined as me can see though that.

At least when I get those humpable 'Donald's nuggets the processed meat is COVERED UP by that golden skin. Out of sight, out of mind.

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #84 of 122
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

lol. I had my first Big Mac sometime earlier this year in a very rare trip to McDonalds because they were doing 1 dollar Big Macs. I honestly don't know why its so popular. If anyone's ever seen Super Size Me they interview this one guy who's had a Big Mac a day for something like 30 or 40 years. I was expecting something that had some sort of addictively wonderful properties to it, and was severely disappointed, and then after I was done it felt like I had a brick sitting in my stomach.

Oct 16, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #85 of 122
I don't eat much at either place, but the only McD item I like is an Egg McMuffin. Some Subways are okay, while others are the pits. Fresh baked bread is the only hook for them. I'd rather eat Chinese than either.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #86 of 122
I picked McDonalds. I don't eat fast food very often (maybe 2-3 times a month) so when I do I'd like it to at least be somewhat good (Which is strange, saying that about McDonalds). Subway's subs have always had a funny flavor to me, so I have to drown them in sweet onion sauce which is probably un-doing all the healthiness that Subway has put into their subs. If I eat a sandwich, I make it at home. I don't make burgers at home.

//I'd take Wendys over anything though.

Oct 17, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #88 of 122
They're both equal... equally underwhelming in taste, and overpriced for the quality, that is.

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #89 of 122
Quote:

Ok, I've seen a few people mention getting a coffee with skim/fat free milk and no sugar so that brings up another old question.

How many people here eat McD's food and get a diet drink?

On the rare occasions I hit McDonald's (like 3-4 times a year) I either go with water or black coffee.

I gave up sodas entirely about 18 months ago. Diet drinks have never tasted "right" to me and I don't want the sugar in regular sodas:

colas.jpg

You don't need it and the extra calories are, most likely, a huge contributor to the obesity epidemic. Before I cut out the sugar, I wore a 38" pant. Now 30" is comfortable and I have a few 29" pairs.

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #90 of 122
Ya, I like McD's, but I recently gave up soda (about 5 months ago). Before that, I would get Diet Soda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back