Mayberry's Trippin Balls: Fairfax, CA cross-coastal meet.
Feb 3, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #46 of 246
Stunning!
eek.gif

So many great looking (and certainly sounding) headphone rigs at one place.

/me wish I attend a meeting like that some time...

Feb 3, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #47 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stunning!
eek.gif

So many great looking (and certainly sounding) headphone rigs at one place.

/me wish I attend a meeting like that some time...

Definitely! Being an electrostat fan, you will find Neil's system alone will worth of the trip
biggrin.gif

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

Feb 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #48 of 246
Just got home,.. left the gear in the car and checked out the impressions so far. So, where's the pictures of Vicki in her royal garb? However much the blackmailer extorted out of her to sit on those pictures, remember, they always come back for more!
Before I hit the hay, I can't say enough to thank Al for such a memorable meet. And standing in the pouring rain for what seemed like hours directing cars in and out of his driveway. Man,.. talk about a responsible and caring guy.
I'll post some listening impressions when I can think straight (How's 2010 sound).

Feb 3, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #54 of 246
Looks Like a super meet ,one for the books.

I always enjoyed mini-meets more then the larger ones(even though this meet competes with regional ones).
Keep the impressions coming.

Feb 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #55 of 246
biggrin.gif

HEAUDIO EH-1.2B

Ordered....................

Cheers,

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #56 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some pics...

Extreme still life

I have that very same banana hanger and have been looking for something just like what was used in the end to use it as a headphone hanger. So, naturally, my question is, what is that thing in the photo you guys used to cover the hook?

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #58 of 246
I'm jealous of this meet. More impression please..
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #59 of 246
I, too, look forward to more impressions. Also, in addition to all the high-end gear observations, I would appreciate it if you guys could comment on what you thought was best bang-for-the-buck. (Note: not necessarily cheap, but over-performing for the price whatever that may be.)

Feb 3, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #60 of 246
Iron_Dreamer closed down the meet at 4:30 this morning while all else were sleeping. He had Agile_One's STAX rig going strong with guzziguy and tyrion snoring wildly in the same room. Nobody in the sleepover crew has managed to slap on cans yet, but the Stupor Bowl will drive me to music for sure...
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks to everyone for making this a unique and uniquely entertaining meet. I know there are many stories that will never be told out of friendly respect but there will be many more pics to post and impressions to share. Our toast to our new Head-Fi sister city Santiago de Campostela with Spanish wine grown within 30 miles of there was a highlight that was memorialized and needs to make it into the thread. Special thanks to ronin74 for bringing all the Spanish wine and finding that beautiful bottle of white from within miles of our sister city. Excellent work!

The fact that Queen Vicki is not yet honored in this thread is a travesty.
mad.gif
Get busy people. Me, need some Advil and sleep...
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back