Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Apr 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #2,281 of 2,660
Stereophile magazine measured the jitter of the digital output of the Apple Express at 258 ps and the analog output at 2400 ps in their May 8, 2005 issue.  Jitter can be measured in many ways, some deceiving, however 258 ps is a respectable figure for a $99 device using an optical digital signal.

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #2,282 of 2,660
Just ONE question... I'm looking at exactly the LME49720HA, and it seems to be highly recommended to swap the stock opamps for this.

However. The LME49720HA is not a MDIP opamp that fits in the socket in the D1. The LME49720NA is the MDIP opamp that fits in the socket.

The HA is different than the NA.

If this is so, then why does everyone refer to the LME49720HA to be swapped into the D1 when it's not even the proper chip fit?
Would we not order the LME49720NA instead for a perfect fit?

----------------

EDIT: Nevermind. Realizing you all use an adapter on the next page, of the page I was reading. -facepalm-

Now where do I pick up these funky adapters?
Unless the round metal comes like that, adapted already? 
I'm ordering from National Semiconductor themselves...

So what difference is there from the NA to the HA?

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #2,283 of 2,660
There's no difference. Its the same opamp just different packaging.
People prefer the HA because the metal shell blocks "interference" which isn't much considering the noise floor isn't that low.
You can bend the Pins on the HA to make it fit. I recommend just getting the NA version to make everything simpler
Quote:
Just ONE question... I'm looking at exactly the LME49720HA, and it seems to be highly recommended to swap the stock opamps for this.

However. The LME49720HA is not a MDIP opamp that fits in the socket in the D1. The LME49720NA is the MDIP opamp that fits in the socket.

The HA is different than the HE.

If this is so, then why does everyone refer to the LME49720HA to be swapped into the D1 when it's not even the proper chip fit?
Would we not order the LME49720NA instead for a perfect fit?

----------------

EDIT: Nevermind. Realizing you all use an adapter on the next page, of the page I was reading. -facepalm-

Now where do I pick up these funky adapters?
Unless the round metal comes like that, adapted already? 
I'm ordering from National Semiconductor themselves...

So what difference is there from the HE to the HA?

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #2,284 of 2,660
Quote:
There's no difference. Its the same opamp just different packaging.
People prefer the HA because the metal shell blocks "interference" which isn't much considering the noise floor isn't that low.
You can bend the Pins on the HA to make it fit. I recommend just getting the NA version to make everything simpler

Ahh! Thanks so much for the quick response!!!

Why not order them all from National Semiconductor. Might as well. LOL

Would it be hard to find a adapter for the HA version?

I just realized I kept typing HE instead of NA, on my above post. -facepalm-

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #2,286 of 2,660
This guy will trim and fit the pins on the LME49720HA for a DIP8 socket:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110666407289&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I haven't purchased from him so I can't speak for the authenticity of the opamp, but anyway, the option is there.

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #2,288 of 2,660
Hey guys, I actually remember posting in here awhile back. I just bought this bad boy friday. What should I expect coming from a 30 dollar sound card lol. I did a lot of research awhile ago but I just didn't have the money. The most odd thing happened thursday though. My dad calls me up and says think of one thing you want electronically for me to buy. I was confused because I don't really like people getting me things so I told him nothing. He was all like sarcastically "You got 5 seconds before I change my mind." So the first thing that pops in my mind is the D1 and he was like aight lol. So that is how I am getting my D1. I just don't remember much about it except the fact that I liked what I heard from the customers.

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #2,290 of 2,660
Quote:
You could do this too. Taken from the other D1 thread:
http://assets.head-fi.org/0/0a/0ab79729_MetalLM4562HAPic1.jpg

Ooooo. Yeah. I saw that on the ebay link posted above.

I might want to add a heatsink onto it, so I think I'll see if I can trim the legs, if not, I'm going to leave it like the picture!
I too don't like heat as the OP of the D1 FAQ thread said. 
I even have heatsinks in my router... Hehehe.

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #2,291 of 2,660
Hey guys, I actually remember posting in here awhile back. I just bought this bad boy friday. What should I expect coming from a 30 dollar sound card lol. I did a lot of research awhile ago but I just didn't have the money. The most odd thing happened thursday though. My dad calls me up and says think of one thing you want electronically for me to buy. I was confused because I don't really like people getting me things so I told him nothing. He was all like sarcastically "You got 5 seconds before I change my mind." So the first thing that pops in my mind is the D1 and he was like aight lol. So that is how I am getting my D1. I just don't remember much about it except the fact that I liked what I heard from the customers.

You should have said WA22 or WA2 :D

Apr 24, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #2,292 of 2,660

Quote:
Quote:

You should have said WA22 or WA2
biggrin.gif

lol, I'm not that mean

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #2,294 of 2,660

I have been reading this thread since page 1, and it convinced me to buy the D1 with the GE 5670w in it. Now i have a question: I currently have a 2011 macbook pro and sennheisers hd650. I do not know alot of audio stuff so this is why i ask what will the connexions be? first, do i use the usb, s/pdif, optical or toslink to connect the maverick d1 to my laptop?? any advice?

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #2,295 of 2,660

Quote:

I have been reading this thread since page 1, and it convinced me to buy the D1 with the GE 5670w in it. Now i have a question: I currently have a 2011 macbook pro and sennheisers hd650. I do not know alot of audio stuff so this is why i ask what will the connexions be? first, do i use the usb, s/pdif, optical or toslink to connect the maverick d1 to my laptop?? any advice?

USB prolly. You should also get op amps instead of a tube. Doesn't sound like you'll be using that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back