Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Oct 23, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #1,923 of 2,660
If that chip has the same offset as the previous sample.... yea trouble abode
wink.gif
  He probably should of gone with the LM4562 metal can.

I doubt a DC offset will damage an amp though if I use it on the RCA outputs.
Quote:
hahah let's see if etteoh's headphone is still surviving after a year =D

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #1,925 of 2,660
I am using my D1 purely as a DAC only. Have recently switched back to OPA627 from LT1364 for my DAC opamp as I find that LT1364 just sound too thin when it reaches my speaker. Interested to hear more about how the other opamp will perform on the RCA output.

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #1,926 of 2,660
Fingers crossed that it will...else we all know where my bonus will go to next year ~ a new Grado
smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry, just love what the LME49720HA do to my music to bother with DC offset too much. Up till now, I enjoyed virtually all the different albums I played. I can still fault nothing so there you go...would rather live with buying a new Grado than not being satisfied with the music
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
hahah let's see if etteoh's headphone is still surviving after a year =D

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #1,927 of 2,660
Er...LME49720HA metal can? But hey, don't take my word for it
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
I am using my D1 purely as a DAC only. Have recently switched back to OPA627 from LT1364 for my DAC opamp as I find that LT1364 just sound too thin when it reaches my speaker. Interested to hear more about how the other opamp will perform on the RCA output.

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #1,928 of 2,660
Unless the LM4562 metal can gives me the exact same sound as the LME49720HA, I don't think I'm gonna roll anything else in there
smily_headphones1.gif

Frankly I don't even know where to start looking for the LM4562 metal can...the guy that I got the LME49720HA from doesn't have it. I suppose I could probably whisk it off eBay but shipping's gonna be a bitch considering where I'm at.

Quote:
If that chip has the same offset as the previous sample.... yea trouble abode
wink.gif
  He probably should of gone with the LM4562 metal can.

I doubt a DC offset will damage an amp though if I use it on the RCA outputs.

Oct 23, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #1,930 of 2,660
Cool! I tried the suggested approach and all I got was a faint plop so I'm guessing the DC offset is low
smily_headphones1.gif
Can I do the YAY! thing now? I suppose nothing beats the accuracy of the multimeter but what the hell, I'm just gonna go ahead and YAY! first
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Good to read that you enjoy the LME49720 so much!

The only way to actually measure the DC voltage is by using a multi-meter. The ones you can buy at sub $10 price levels are usually not the most accurate ones, but accurate enough for this measurement. Something like this: http://www2.conrad.nl/goto.php?artikel=122999 would be perfectly ok.You can often buy them at Home DIY shops and car equipment shops.

Another way you could test this is by inserting the headphone plug into the D1 with an unused input selected. If there is DC on the output you will hear a noise when you 'click' into the first contact. The sound can vary from a clear click (=high DC, potentially dangerous for your headphone) to a vague noisy plop (=low DC, probably harmless). This approach is not very scientific, but it might put your mind at ease (or not
eek.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #1,931 of 2,660

buy it from digikey should sound 100% the same

LM4562HA is the model.  And stop spamming
wink.gif

Quote:
Unless the LM4562 metal can gives me the exact same sound as the LME49720HA, I don't think I'm gonna roll anything else in there
smily_headphones1.gif

Frankly I don't even know where to start looking for the LM4562 metal can...the guy that I got the LME49720HA from doesn't have it. I suppose I could probably whisk it off eBay but shipping's gonna be a bitch considering where I'm at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back