Matrix Mini-i Balanced DAC+HP amp
Sep 27, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #32 of 1,055
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly how does it support AC3 and DTS? Does it decode and downmix it to 2 channel? (so you can listen to AC3 or DTS content with headphones) Or does it just do a pass through to it's Coax SPDIF output to a separate home theater decoder/pre/processor?

-Ed

Pass through.

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #33 of 1,055
Today I ordered Matrix mini. I hope that soon I will can write some first impresions of it. I've got Zhaolu 2.5 and few weeks ago I had for over 2 weeks Stello DA100 Signature and Theta DSPro Generation V. For now Stello is the winner, but maybe Matrix .....

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #37 of 1,055
wow insane china is going nuts lately!

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #40 of 1,055
Anyone has already tried this dac/amp with the AKG K701?

How does it compare to the combination of Trends UD 10.1 (USB) + LITE DAC-AM (DAC) + Shanling PH-100 (HeadAmp)? Any hints?

Thanks much!

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #41 of 1,055
More impressions please, folks.
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #42 of 1,055
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbarous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USB input is for PCs only (according to the manual).

FYI it works great on my Macbook Pro w/ 10.6, tho so does optical (thanks, Apple!), both @ 44.1khz. No drivers needed for USB; just plug it in and it shows up as a USB audio device.

I love this Mini-i, this thing is awesome. I'm using the amp section in it (much better than I expected, its great) and with my Cayin HA-1A, with HD650s. I can hear some noise with my Etymotics (HF2s) on the headphone out on the mini-i but problem solved when plugged into the HA-1A. I haven't tried it with my P-to-S adapter or my er4p's yet.

I find myself listening to the phone out on the mini-i so much I might sell the HA-1A (w/ Mullard if anyone is looking). And I'm definitely selling my modd'd DAC-AH (OPA 627s, upgraded power supply)..

The Mini-I is awesome for the money. My only problem is I wish I had asked for black; I didnt' specify and the silver has a weird sparkly look to it that I think is kind of cheap looking.

Rob

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #44 of 1,055
Quote:

Originally Posted by robzr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI it works great on my Macbook Pro w/ 10.6, tho so does optical (thanks, Apple!), both @ 44.1khz. No drivers needed for USB; just plug it in and it shows up as a USB audio device.

I love this Mini-i, this thing is awesome. I'm using the amp section in it (much better than I expected, its great) and with my Cayin HA-1A, with HD650s. I can hear some noise with my Etymotics (HF2s) on the headphone out on the mini-i but problem solved when plugged into the HA-1A. I haven't tried it with my P-to-S adapter or my er4p's yet.

I find myself listening to the phone out on the mini-i so much I might sell the HA-1A (w/ Mullard if anyone is looking). And I'm definitely selling my modd'd DAC-AH (OPA 627s, upgraded power supply)..

The Mini-I is awesome for the money. My only problem is I wish I had asked for black; I didnt' specify and the silver has a weird sparkly look to it that I think is kind of cheap looking.

Rob

Think about MacBook. The silver mini-i doesn't look cheap at all.

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #45 of 1,055
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh they asked me which i wanted and went silver =/ wish i would have went black.

So guys, do specify color when you buy. Otherwise I will send randomly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back