Matrix M-Stage Equivalent Amp/Dac Combo Unit?
Feb 26, 2011 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Scytus

100+ Head-Fier
After all of my researching, I've found that the M-stage might be best for my uses. The right price-range, warm signature, internal upgradability, and very positive impressions.

To my despair, however, it did not have an internal USB connection. I'm really hoping I won't have to deal with the clutter of having two devices, I much rather have one device that does both.

Would the Matrix Cube be the answer? something else entirely? or just suck it up and buy another device for DAC? (which i really hope to avoid x])

Feb 26, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #2 of 6
Maybe the Audio-GD NFB-12 fits to your needs. It's an amp with integrated DAC for about 200$. I don't know how it sounds though but people around here start going crazy about it. The only con is that you have to wait until you'll get one production schedule lasts til March or April.
Matrix Cube is based on the mini-i and as far as I'm concerned it can't compete with the M-Stage.
If your'e still considering buying the M-Stage though I can recommend you the Lovely Cube which is available at 230$ and sounds better than the M-Stage.

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 6
EDIT: I've been looking into it further, and it seems the AudioGD FUN, NFB-12, Lovely Cube, and M-Stage Matrix would all make good choices..though it's very difficult to find comparisons between them all.

Anyone have any input?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back