Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro
Dec 10, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #481 of 520
Dec 15, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #484 of 520
IS this the data sheet you are talking about, or something different.
Wow, where did you find this lol ;P it says it is confidential :D So it looks like it expects every rate to be 8x oversampled, in either a 128-tap or 256-tap filter. Not very in-depth details though... even the user-programmable filter is a very basic example.

Jan 2, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #486 of 520
can i ask would the matrix element x have the same dac sonics as the x sabre pro when both used as just a dac, as the martix x is an all in one, but if i will connect both to my home system would they sound the same

Feb 10, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #487 of 520
I recently bought a used x sabre pro (non mqa)
Firmware verison 1.3

Should i be ugrading the firmware? If so, where?
I am using it with an imac

thanks

Feb 10, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #488 of 520
Feb 10, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #489 of 520
Feb 11, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #490 of 520
I recently bought a used x sabre pro (non mqa)
Firmware verison 1.3

Should i be ugrading the firmware? If so, where?
I am using it with an imac

thanks

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY USE THE OFICIAL :

Matrix Audio USA WEBSITE to download anything that's available!

It called:

Matrix (power-holdings-inc.com)

And Mr. Powers is a Good Friend of "ours!"

Best of Luck and health to all !

I gave mine away unfortunately ! ONLY one in my ENTIRE COUNTRY but I was able to Get about $10K for it after 2 years of EXCELLENT USAGE and I definitely want another one!
But they have been Discontinued!
I just Love the Design but maybe , more than Likely the Latest TECHNOLOGY is the absolute BEST ON THE BLOCK!
All Things Considered!
Happy Listening!
Best of Health!
sincerely ,

Ramiro Guerrero
Giving AWAY N.O.S Tung-sol Matched USA manufactured "Legendary" Vacuum Tubes! Almost Giving AWAY!

Feb 11, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #491 of 520
YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY USE THE OFICIAL :

Matrix Audio USA WEBSITE to download anything that's available!

It called:

Matrix (power-holdings-inc.com)

And Mr. Powers is a Good Friend of "ours!"

Best of Luck and health to all !

I gave mine away unfortunately ! ONLY one in my ENTIRE COUNTRY but I was able to Get about $10K for it after 2 years of EXCELLENT USAGE and I definitely want another one!
But they have been Discontinued!
I just Love the Design but maybe , more than Likely the Latest TECHNOLOGY is the absolute BEST ON THE BLOCK!
All Things Considered!
Happy Listening!
Best of Health!
sincerely ,

Ramiro Guerrero
Giving AWAY N.O.S Tung-sol Matched USA manufactured "Legendary" Vacuum Tubes! Almost Giving AWAY!
Yes.
i’ve emailed Arthur in the past and he has been very useful

i emailed matrix audio yesterday and hopefully i’ll hear from them after chinese new year in the next week or so

thanks

Mar 19, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #492 of 520
Unboxing therapy:

20210318_100312.jpg
20210318_100342.jpg
20210318_100630.jpg

• Moon Audio has these in stock and can get it to you overnight.
  • They're not kidding about this thing being carved out a single block of whateverium, it weights a TON for its size. Do NOT try to lift this with one hand unless you want to take out your floor along with the DAC.
  • Everything about the build quality is unreal. People are scared to pay this much for audio equipment out of China because of the quality of the $200 stuff. But this is $2300 and it could not be more different. if I paid $10k for an MSB DAC I'd be glad if it looked and felt like this.
  • I'm not a fan of the three feet, I'd rather not have the corner of the unit hitting the table when the cat walks on it or you lean down on it for a moment when wiring stuff. (Who started this idiotic trend in hi-fi? Schiit's newer stuff has three feet also, so it's not something unique to Matrix.)
  • Voltage switch was set to 220v out-of-the-box. Boy I'm glad I checked first. I hope it has built-in protection against wrongly selected voltage because I'm sure a significant percentage of customers just plug stuff in and pray.
  • Nice selection of options in the setup. I think I have jitter protection off, dither off, and PCM filter 3, which is what some random guy who seemed kinda wise suggested on a forum post somewhere.
  • Zero trouble getting the device recognized by Windows and playing a variety of sound files. Works fine without the driver, but with the driver you get ASIO and theoretically bit-perfect sound if you haven't screwed something else up.
  • I have a Matrix Audio element H USB card coming also. Not sure it will make a difference but for $300 why not get a dedicated, low-noise USB jack for my DAC.
  • Yes, it sounds great. But I'm not going to pretend it sounds noticeably different from other competently-made DACs. I realize I'm paying the majority of the $2300 for jewelry and overengineering (peace of mind). And I'm fine with that.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #493 of 520
@Stereolab42

Congrats man. Enjoy!
If u can manage a singxer ddc, try out the i2s connection to the matrix. It is really really good! I also preferred sync over async when using with the singxer.

Mar 19, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #494 of 520
Unboxing therapy:

20210318_100312.jpg20210318_100342.jpg20210318_100630.jpg

• Moon Audio has these in stock and can get it to you overnight.
  • They're not kidding about this thing being carved out a single block of whateverium, it weights a TON for its size. Do NOT try to lift this with one hand unless you want to take out your floor along with the DAC.
  • Everything about the build quality is unreal. People are scared to pay this much for audio equipment out of China because of the quality of the $200 stuff. But this is $2300 and it could not be more different. if I paid $10k for an MSB DAC I'd be glad if it looked and felt like this.
  • I'm not a fan of the three feet, I'd rather not have the corner of the unit hitting the table when the cat walks on it or you lean down on it for a moment when wiring stuff. (Who started this idiotic trend in hi-fi? Schiit's newer stuff has three feet also, so it's not something unique to Matrix.)
  • Voltage switch was set to 220v out-of-the-box. Boy I'm glad I checked first. I hope it has built-in protection against wrongly selected voltage because I'm sure a significant percentage of customers just plug stuff in and pray.
  • Nice selection of options in the setup. I think I have jitter protection off, dither off, and PCM filter 3, which is what some random guy who seemed kinda wise suggested on a forum post somewhere.
  • Zero trouble getting the device recognized by Windows and playing a variety of sound files. Works fine without the driver, but with the driver you get ASIO and theoretically bit-perfect sound if you haven't screwed something else up.
  • I have a Matrix Audio element H USB card coming also. Not sure it will make a difference but for $300 why not get a dedicated, low-noise USB jack for my DAC.
  • Yes, it sounds great. But I'm not going to pretend it sounds noticeably different from other competently-made DACs. I realize I'm paying the majority of the $2300 for jewelry and overengineering (peace of mind). And I'm fine with that.
Congrats and enjoy! Good info about the default set to 220V - I have the Matrix mini-i Pro 3 and didn't realize the 220V default. Fortunately nothing bad happened other than it not working, unplugged it and checked everything and saw the voltage switch set to 220. A quick flip and I was rocking to tunes shortly thereafter.

Mar 20, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #495 of 520
Yes, it sounds great. But I'm not going to pretend it sounds noticeably different from other competently-made DACs. I realize I'm paying the majority of the $2300 for jewelry and overengineering (peace of mind). And I'm fine with that.

Try to upsample with your music player if you are listening to PCM, apparently the X-Sabre measures poorly for that by itself, but upsample from a music player (jRiver, HQplayer etc) can be a big jump in quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back