Matrix 24/192 Balanced DAC
Oct 7, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #61 of 67
I agree it's an awesome unit, congrats and looking forward to the results of your upcoming DAC rumble match.

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #62 of 67

Quote:
I agree it's an awesome unit, congrats and looking forward to the results of your upcoming DAC rumble match.

I'll be comparing the different units with Canuck57 who has an exceptional collection of gear. We're trying to get things together within the next couple of weeks as we live in nearby cities in Ontario, Canada.

I'll be sure to link to our impressions in this thread after we get together.

On an aside...I've hooked up the Matrix/MKVII+ through BNC/coax from an M-Audio Audiophile USB so I can stream 24/96 Flac/Wav files native through MediaMonkey.....just lovin' the music!

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #64 of 67
They're both good but coax is the best with the Mini-i, look into a converter like the Bravo or HiFace that has its own clock. If you use optical you can eliminate USB noise but can introduce jitter. USB isolators are another option for noise reduction.

Jan 13, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #65 of 67
I was hoping to keep the setup down to as few boxes/interconnects as possible thats why Im giving the Matrix a go. I'll just try the different inputs, but the toslink/coax accepts a higher bitrate right? 

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #66 of 67

Quote:
I was hoping to keep the setup down to as few boxes/interconnects as possible thats why Im giving the Matrix a go. I'll just try the different inputs, but the toslink/coax accepts a higher bitrate right? 

That's right. I use Mediamonkey to listen to native 24/96 through coax via an M-audio audiophile usb (sp/dif out) -> Matrix and the sound is very good. (I am using a Little Dot MKVII+ balanced amp though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back