Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread
Apr 22, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #1,471 of 2,613
Apr 22, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #1,472 of 2,613
@prymortal,

The intial MD drops were definitely sent everywhere which quite a few outside the US also missed though as stated, the last few have not been everywhere for various reasons.

Hope this makes sense.
Yip clears that up, Thank You.

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #1,475 of 2,613
There were only 3 drops, I think.
At least five I can recall, including the original with a shipping wait of six months or so. The second drop, which was open for two-three weeks IIRC, had it in stock for next day shipping. The next drop, also with next day shipping, was open for around a day just before Christmas (I got mine in this drop). There have been at least two drops since that were open only for hours or less.

May 15, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #1,478 of 2,613
Sorry, a silly question (and one I could answer for myself with a 10 minute experiment)... Can I connect a single ended DAC output via RCA cables to the 789, and still use the balanced output of the 789? I do have a balanced DAC (DX7S), but would like to try a Schiit Loki in the chain while still driving out of the balanced headphone output on the 789...

Any significant downside of losing the balanced input to the 789?

May 15, 2019 at 2:42 AM Post #1,479 of 2,613
Sorry, a silly question (and one I could answer for myself with a 10 minute experiment)... Can I connect a single ended DAC output via RCA cables to the 789, and still use the balanced output of the 789? I do have a balanced DAC (DX7S), but would like to try a Schiit Loki in the chain while still driving out of the balanced headphone output on the 789...

Any significant downside of losing the balanced input to the 789?

Yes, most people also suggest the best performance this way with the 789 specifically.

May 17, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #1,480 of 2,613
Seems that this delivery is delayed, to bad, I was expecting to get my unit now in May.

Order status update
Hi,

We have an update on your Massdrop x THX AAA 789 Linear Amplifier. The amps are nearing completion and we’re very happy with the final product (and hope you will be, too). Unfortunately, we’re tracking behind our original estimated ship date and now expect to begin shipping in late June.

We apologize for the delay. As a thank you for your patience, we’ve added a $10 credit to your account, which will be automatically applied to your next Drop purchase. If you prefer not to wait the additional time, you can cancel your order on your transactions page:

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We look forward to you receiving and enjoying your amps soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back