1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Mar 1, 2018.
First

Back
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
98 99 100 101 102
Next

Last
  1. Yeah, far easier to believe he's a secret agent with an agenda in a niche consumer audio market....

Jearly410 likes this.
  2. stimuz
    Far easier to believe than hes making money on ad revenue.

3. I like "Russian agent" better. That plays great with the media.

Seriously, some of you are so wacked out I dunno where to start.

4. stimuz
    Wait, how do you think most of these sites make money with the page views they get?

5. I know how ad revenue works. I also know screwed up little conspiracy theories about such things are insane. It surely doesn't account for the parade of products from multiple manufacturers rated across a spectrum of scores. The only evil plan is the one you're creating in your mind.

I'm going to ignore you. I honestly don't believe you're mentally well.

Jearly410, natto lover and maxxevv like this.
  6. prymortal
    Are you sure it was the 789 & not the LCX that was lacking mids?

7. WHO23
    Wow, it's already sold out.. even with the price hike to US$400 :triportsad:

8. stimuz
    be my guest.

9. tamleo
    I have the LCD2 rev2 not the X. More than once I read that the 789 had the veil mids. I have been torn between buying the Jotunheim and the 789. Though I don't like the weird upper mids and treble on the Jot, if the 789's mids is veil compared to the Jot I think I will get the Jot. Sorry for my English.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  10. omniweltall
    It sounds transparent to me. Maybe they are just nitpicking. Some of those guys have really critical ears.

tamleo likes this.
  11. prymortal
    Its all good, I just wanted to check because some older posts on cetain forums people talk about both & its hard to follow which one the are refering to.
    I hated the Jot+[balanced dac] i bought ages ago, but in its defense it was poorly made to the point you could concider it broken. Mainly solder issues around the LED,volume pot & SE output, i'm sure there was more because the dac sound was very off toned. On the bright side i'm going to blow it up when the NFB-1 arrives in a few weeks.

tamleo likes this.
  12. alpovs
    I think it's naive.

13. alpovs
    They didn't bring the HD6XX price down. It's $220 now. It used to be $200.

14. alpovs
    I don't know anything about it except it's seems to be slightly less powerful, cheaper and they hide some specs, which is not a good indication in my view.

15. alpovs
    If the 789 has veil mids and the Jot has exaggerated mids that means that either one of them is over-amplifying mids or the other is under-amplifying them. But which is more neutral/truthful? Are there measurements for both of them?

First

Back
87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96
98 99 100 101 102
Next

Last