1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Mar 1, 2018.
First

Back
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last
  1. TJ Max
    Yep, At least we got 5 hours to grab it this time. Its was gone within an hour six weeks ago.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    cageman likes this.
  2. prymortal
    Yeah i just ordered the last 300 for Ebay! Good times.

3. tamleo
    The Atom lacks the error fix technology on the 789

4. Fatdoi
    Still waiting for the Feb order...

5. omniweltall
    Goodness. I really like my THX 789, but didnt think it would create this type of hype.

6. mixman
    I like mine too, but damn. If "Drop" could get their act together on these they could make a mint.

7. bequietjk
    I agree on "Drop"

I like Massdrop more <3

8. TJ Max
    In reality, the majority are not experiencing errors. Otherwise The Atom wouldn't be praised as much and directly compare to the Thx 789.
    You buy an Atom for the single ended output. It's one of the best in it class, maybe more powerful than the THX789. You buy the Thx 789 for the XLR out as it is one of the best of its kind. If you are a single ended user only, it isn't wrong to go with The Atom. You still are getting one of the best headphones available.

prymortal and maxxevv like this.
  9. jwjking
    Have anyone try to pair with Chord Qutest and beyer T1 2nd?Does it fit?

10. omniweltall
    I cant imagine anyone liking "drop" more than "massdrop". It is idiotic to change the name. Unless they have a valid reason.

phthora likes this.
  11. TJ Max
    But it does make sense though. How can they call themselves Massdrop if it only drop a few Thx 789s at a time . Or perhaps they should call themselves Dewdrops.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  12. omniweltall
    It is not more powerful than the THX 789.

13. Fatdoi
    The fact I'm getting 789 is because of it's XLR output... If I don't have my SE setup already, I'd get a Lyr3 for that..

14. mixman
    Who ever came up with that "catchy" name should be demoted, including the CEO. It's way too Damn generic!

omniweltall and phthora like this.
  15. phthora
    Me every morning checking my email: "Dafuq is 'Drop'!?... Oh yeah, stupid Massdrop name change."

Seriously, the most forgettable name ever. Might as well go all the way in that direction and just call it 'Store.' So dumb even their own in-house products still say 'Massdrop' on them. lol

First

Back
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
Next

Last