1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by XERO1, Mar 1, 2018.
First

Back
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109
Next

Last
  1. PaganDL

@prymortal,

The intial MD drops were definitely sent everywhere which quite a few outside the US also missed though as stated, the last few have not been everywhere for various reasons.

Hope this makes sense.

prymortal likes this.
  2. prymortal
    Yip clears that up, Thank You.

3. PaganDL

No problem, @prymortal

4. alpovs
    There were only 3 drops, I think.

5. Marlowe
    At least five I can recall, including the original with a shipping wait of six months or so. The second drop, which was open for two-three weeks IIRC, had it in stock for next day shipping. The next drop, also with next day shipping, was open for around a day just before Christmas (I got mine in this drop). There have been at least two drops since that were open only for hours or less.

alpovs likes this.
  6. Suopermanni
    I think Marlowe is correct as I got mine around the Christmas drop last year and I think there are at least one drop before that one.

7. Deftone
    Drop support told me that the last one ended on 18/4 so were looking at 2-3 months for the next, well my money is waiting anxiously for then because im not paying £700 for a used one on ebay right now.

omniweltall likes this.
  8. jsmiller58
    Sorry, a silly question (and one I could answer for myself with a 10 minute experiment)... Can I connect a single ended DAC output via RCA cables to the 789, and still use the balanced output of the 789? I do have a balanced DAC (DX7S), but would like to try a Schiit Loki in the chain while still driving out of the balanced headphone output on the 789...

Any significant downside of losing the balanced input to the 789?

9. ls13coco

Yes, most people also suggest the best performance this way with the 789 specifically.

10. spicata
    Seems that this delivery is delayed, to bad, I was expecting to get my unit now in May.

Order status update
    Hi,

We have an update on your Massdrop x THX AAA 789 Linear Amplifier. The amps are nearing completion and we’re very happy with the final product (and hope you will be, too). Unfortunately, we’re tracking behind our original estimated ship date and now expect to begin shipping in late June.

We apologize for the delay. As a thank you for your patience, we’ve added a $10 credit to your account, which will be automatically applied to your next Drop purchase. If you prefer not to wait the additional time, you can cancel your order on your transactions page:

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We look forward to you receiving and enjoying your amps soon.

11. Brainiac9000
    cageman likes this.
  12. cageman
    Brainiac9000 likes this.
  13. You know if the Atom had a nice upgrade/metal option I never would have bought one of these.

14. stratas
    Finally grabbed one!

15. alpovs
    And... it's out of stock.

First

Back
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109
Next

Last