Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Jun 22, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #616 of 4,845
You know how much the low serial number K7xx’s sell for these days? The same as the high numbers! :)

I don’t get the hype about serial numbers... maybe it’s cool if you get #1 or 7 or something....
Have to say I agree.
Mine already showed up, and I didn't even order any, go figure :yum:
Hmmm review unit?

Jun 22, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #618 of 4,845
I joined the drop when it was first announced. And like I could give a flying puck about a serial #. Just send me one that works, with matched drivers.

Jun 22, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #619 of 4,845
Mine is now in PA, so they definitely shipped as they were in NJ yesterday. Says I have a scheduled receipt date of 6/28.

Steve

Jun 22, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #620 of 4,845
You know how much the low serial number K7xx’s sell for these days? The same as the high numbers
Yep...unless you're talking about a Sennheiser Orpheus....serial numbers are meaningless....these are Sub $200 headphones...buy them ... enjoy them and stop obsessing over shipping.

Jun 23, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #622 of 4,845
I don't think ANY have shipped yet, the email and tracking are just that a scheduled delivery is PENDING... They will probably ship out this weekend or early next week. Mine is being held further because I'm within the first 500 to have purchased back in December.
Mine is "EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER" There's weight too so it's definitely moving already (actually it now left the distribution centre). It's DHL Parcel Intl Standard so might take up to three weeks to arrive.

In any case, it looks like it was a good thing to join in the second drop...

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #623 of 4,845
Just received mine. Ordered very early on and of course ended up with a number more than what they even initially sold. We can be assured they plan on selling at least 4,000 of these being that the numbering goes that high.

Jun 23, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #624 of 4,845
Just received mine. Ordered very early on and of course ended up with a number more than what they even initially sold. We can be assured they plan on selling at least 4,000 of these being that the numbering goes that high.
Wait. You have it already?

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #629 of 4,845
It's a few more days for some. Yes, some who ordered months earlier won't get their headphones earlier than the rest since it appears all orders placed are going out within a week of each other, roughly speaking. Low serial numbers mean nothing, unless it's the first or second pair for collector purposes. In fact, as they are made, I'm sure they tweak the production and the higher serial # models are every bit as good or slightly better in Quality Control. Now folks will go worry about that. Let it go. They're sending out thousands of headphones at once to customers. How many folk doing retail have to deal with that kind of a drop ship? Especially when many will be international and they're a bunch of nit-picking audiophiles you can seem to do anything right for. It's amazing, even the "late" ones in this drop ship are having them shipped the last week in June which is still slightly ahead of the announced shipment, and every order is being filled, not just the first rounds placed. This is somehow unfair to those who ordered earlier? You're still getting them slightly earlier than promised for God's sake. It's amazing they want to stay in business, with so much "wah".

Jun 23, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #630 of 4,845
It's a few more days for some. Yes, some who ordered months earlier won't get their headphones earlier than the rest since it appears all orders placed are going out within a week of each other, roughly speaking. Low serial numbers mean nothing, unless it's the first or second pair for collector purposes. In fact, as they are made, I'm sure they tweak the production and the higher serial # models are every bit as good or slightly better in Quality Control. Now folks will go worry about that. Let it go. They're sending out thousands of headphones at once to customers. How many folk doing retail have to deal with that kind of a drop ship? Especially when many will be international and they're a bunch of nit-picking audiophiles you can seem to do anything right for. It's amazing, even the "late" ones in this drop ship are having them shipped the last week in June which is still slightly ahead of the announced shipment, and every order is being filled, not just the first rounds placed. This is somehow unfair to those who ordered earlier? You're still getting them slightly earlier than promised for God's sake. It's amazing they want to stay in business, with so much "wah".

I doubt your logic regarding later production versions being better than the early. The driver has been the driver since the beginning with the changes in tuning happening through the housing tweaks. I would't be surprised if the drivers had been produced months ago while the changes to the housing (changing the tuning) were being worked out. All Sennheiser drivers are tested against an established standard and will be rejected if they aren't up to snuff so we should expect consistency. The general housing design has been around for decades so it's doubtful there will be significant (if any real measurable) variation between the early models and the later models where quality control is concerned. I also don't believe they would be doing tweaking withing these first 4000-5000 units or however many are in the first production run. Any additional tuning would probably come later as a response to how the headphone is received by the masses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back