Massdrop x NuForce EDC3 IEM
Mar 18, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #31 of 102
Think of the treble as slightly shelved down. This is going to give it a thicker/richer note weight compared to the LS200. I’d say resolution is comparable between the two, both of which I consider just average in detail retrieval. Although the EDC3 will be smoother sounding.

I haven’t heard those other Brainwavz models. The B400 will be less accurate than the EDC3 in frequency response but sounds more dynamic, with better bass texturing and better layering over all.
Interesting. I'm not very interested in the EDC3 given your impressions, but do have the b400. What is"the next step up" from those in your opinion?

Mar 18, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #32 of 102
Interesting. I'm not very interested in the EDC3 given your impressions, but do have the b400. What is"the next step up" from those in your opinion?

Well I didn’t mean to do that, I just wanted to temper expectations. The EDC3 is a fantastic value at $99, besting many iems triple the price. It’s frequency response and tonality are very good.

At any rate, some B400 upgrades that come to mind are the retired Aurisonics ASG-1 Plus, the Sony 7550 and the JH Audio Angie further up the ladder.

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #33 of 102
Well, could anyone compare EDC3 to HEM6? I saw that HEM6 was sometime ago available for ca. 170$ on massdrop. Both are IEMs with 3BA per side and in theory signature should be quite similar... So is there any difference? And in case if there is one, is it worth 70$ premium?

May 9, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #34 of 102
I just received my EDC3, and i'm slightly disappointed. Granted, the earbuds I had before this are the Telos Fujisan (got them off kickstarter for $119, but MSRP is $299).

The tone is there albeit overly warm for me. It's pretty dull, and everything feels recessed as if it's a little muddy. They aren't particularly fun to listen to. Arguably, I'd say they are better than the Hfiman RE0s and Sennheiser Momentums that I had before the Fujisans.

The soundstage is a little non-existent for me. I find it pretty narrow.

I think for $99, this is a decent every day carry, but I may put this up for sale because it wasn't what I was expecting.

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #37 of 102
Took me a few more days than I originally planned (as I was rather busy with the CNY stuff) but here is some impression:

Someone just told me that the Edc3 is better than Ety ER4XR. Is this true? Or they're just not on the same level SQ and resolution-wise?

May 14, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #38 of 102
Someone just told me that the Edc3 is better than Ety ER4XR. Is this true? Or they're just not on the same level SQ and resolution-wise?

Don't own an ER4XR to tell you much about it.

May 14, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #39 of 102
Don't own an ER4XR to tell you much about it.

Oops, i forgot about that. How about compared to your ER4SR or ER4S?

May 14, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #40 of 102
Oops, i forgot about that. How about compared to your ER4SR or ER4S?

These are vastly different sounding IEM. ER4S/SR are naturally very analytical sounding with what many will refer to as 'lean' bass; EDC3 is pretty much on the opposite with very smooth treble and good lower end. It is lesser a case on which is objectively better but more on which sound signature will suit you better.

May 14, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #41 of 102
These are vastly different sounding IEM. ER4S/SR are naturally very analytical sounding with what many will refer to as 'lean' bass; EDC3 is pretty much on the opposite with very smooth treble and good lower end. It is lesser a case on which is objectively better but more on which sound signature will suit you better.

just as i thought, based on reviews I've read and your impression confirms it. thank you very much

May 14, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #42 of 102
I’ve had mine a while now and I love them. I will say that in my experience the source is very important. When I tried with my iPhone they were ok. But plug them in to my X7ii or DX200 or even my M3s and they just sing. One of the few I own that are detailed but also able to wear all day with no fatigue.

May 14, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #44 of 102
Just got these last week and have mixed feelings. I find the treble too depressed to be acceptable for classical music that is well recorded, but it's ok with digital equalization. My very old Etymitics are much better as is the Mee Audio P1 which is equally smooth but more revealing. However for whatever reason the EDC fits my ears with most tips better than others. Don't know if I'll keep these but they might make for a good travelling set.

I think these will favor those who listen to harshly recorded music and want more bass but restrained highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back