Massdrop x NuForce EDC3 IEM
Dec 13, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #91 of 102
I don't dislike RE400, although I do prefer RE0 and ER4S over the RE400. I did not like the RE262, wondering if EC3 is a bit like RE262 due to its velvety mids? Unfortunately all my REs have broken while my ER4S has stayed with me for 5yrs and working like a charm, best value for money over time IEM i have owned. Still undecided if EC3 is worth trying stupid drops makes it tempting
Me too. I had RE400 and ER4SR and the EDC3. Now I only use Etymotic. They are wayy underrated IMHO.

Jan 30, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #93 of 102
1FCDD8CA-8B6F-4AC9-A9DF-AFF61E141098.jpeg
These iems are just great. I’ve been listening to them alot, and even passing on my other desktop system that has a thx aaa 789 amp and massdrop hd6xx. The thx with hd6xx is still prefered over the edc3 for pure sound quality, but just the sheer convenience of these is taking lots of head time away from my other systems. These little iems are truly a jack of all trades. They do well with every genre of music i’ve tried, which is a very broad range. They sound great with my iphone, and scale nicely with higher gear as well.

I’ve recently been using them with an ifi ear buddy to give me a better volume range with my audioengine d1 dac and have been very pleased.
I finally have a decent portable setup to keep my musical cravings in check! Thanks to massdrop/nuforce for putting these litte gems on the market :)
Now its back to pure listening enjoyment.

Mar 13, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #94 of 102
I got these back in May of last year, and kept using them for months and months. Imo they're good at basically everything, but not exceptional at anything, which unfortunately makes them obsolete when you buy more IEMs and also get cheaper beaters that you're less afraid of breaking. The stock tips are a bit low quality, however; not sure if it's just the small nozzle size or something, but both my large silicones broke extremely easily when I tried swapping them on and off. Small knock on them, though; just be really careful when changing tips.

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #97 of 102

Thanks for the recommend. Does the tri-flange feel intruding to your ears? I brought before a pair of Spinfit double-flange and I couldn't wear it for long because I'm constantly aware of it present. I also frequently need to take it on and off as I mostly using IEM with a desk setup, does frequently wearing on and off for EX4XR be uncomfortable to your ears?

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #98 of 102
Thanks for the recommend. Does the tri-flange feel intruding to your ears? I brought before a pair of Spinfit double-flange and I couldn't wear it for long because I'm constantly aware of it present. I also frequently need to take it on and off as I mostly using IEM with a desk setup, does frequently wearing on and off for EX4XR be uncomfortable to your ears?
you can use them with normal Shure tips, the comfort is better with them, but you need deep fit though

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #99 of 102
you can use them with normal Shure tips, the comfort is better with them, but you need deep fit though

Sadly my ears aren't dry enough to keep the Shure tips stay in, I rely heavily on the IEM shape to lock them in place. Shure and EDC3 shape holds well in my ears.

When you're wearing the EX4XR do you constantly felt its present in your ears? And also what would you consider an upgrade to EX4XR?

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #100 of 102
I received these today. I have been running the eph-100 for years. Served me well for one the go. I was hoping technologue gone fast and these could be better for less cost.

Initial impressions was a huge letdown. Tried them on my oneplus 3T and my hp dv7 laptop which has some "dr Dre tuning". It do okay for regular headphones but had the same issue as with my oneplus 3T. Virtually no sub bass hollow sounding with thin midrange and the only it could put db on was treble. Lara Fabian Adagio absolutely belting like nuts into the ears... Very energic and sibilant like crazy. It just didnt sound right. Then jumped to my RME ADI-2 and it was a completly different iem... Never heard anything like it. Is it that hard to you require something with the power of a proper desktop amp?? Make them almost useless for me :frowning2:

Sep 26, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #101 of 102
Update: I still feel they are pretty aweful. Maybe it´s the fit but it really don´t have any bass at all. Intro of also sprach zarathustra you can almost not hear the initial epic 50 hz tone. Unmusical, not neutral, lacking ton of information in bass, weird tone what is there to like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back