Massdrop x NuForce EDC3 IEM
Jun 11, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #61 of 102
Ive been messing around with them on my q5 with am3a. Have not tried on AM3B yet. Hoping they burn in. Because so far the sound is shrill like and making my eyes bleed a bit. How much time does it take for these EDC3 to actually open up and burn? I’m not enjoying them yet. Bluedac and q5 are basic similar sounding. Shrilling and screechy. Hmmm.

Jun 11, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #62 of 102
Was on the first batch sold. I think these iems are just bleh for triple drivers, but not surprising considering the low price m. Nothing stands out or even sounds great in a coherent signature.

Jun 15, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #63 of 102
For now, me too, I am little disappointed by this iem and as I said before, high volume for me deforms the sound. For me they must be listened at moderate volume.
I buy after the earsonics ES3 which far better but more more expensive.
Maybe I will sell this edc3 cause I think I don't need it anymore...

Jun 15, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #64 of 102
Got mine, awesome clarity and detail! Sub bass and upper treble a bit rolled off to my ears, and mild emphasize around upper mids. So quite a forward sounding IEM with incredible detail and resolution. Love the clarity and resolution of this EDC3, but I do wish it has more bass. I still prefer Aurvana Trio compared to EDC3, but that's just personal preference.

I will do some measurement and comparison later.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #65 of 102
They don’t have bass at all. And I’ve been listening with a iEbuddy line level and low gain with bass gain on. These disappoint. They don’t sound fun. But the more I listen they are starting to tighten up and sound less shrilly. I’m not convinced they lack bass. I think the driver still needs more break in. Even in the case where it continues to get better, I’m not totally biased for them. My first triple iem, leaves me with a bad taste and bleeding eyes.

Jun 18, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #66 of 102
They are not getting any better than my last post. They are good for monitors but you won’t be able to listen with these for extended periods of time due to the shrilly sound they make. It’s hard to get the detail out of them with super low listening volume. And when the gain is so low and I have my attenuator in line they still get screechy. Oh well. Another $100 iem bites the dust. It’s wayyy ok that they still are clearer than anything but they just don’t have a fun sound to them no matter what I do with the source. V0, lossless; all types of music, cd, etc. nothing makes them sound great imo. But they aren’t a total loss for walking around the grocery store or taking a lap. They do stay put pretty well.

Jun 20, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #67 of 102
Does anyone know if the standard .78mm two pin will work with these iems? I’d like to try a balanced cable to see if there could be any sound improvement from my amps. If not, what is the known connector type these will work with. Thanks.

Jun 20, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #68 of 102
Does anyone know if the standard .78mm two pin will work with these iems? I’d like to try a balanced cable to see if there could be any sound improvement from my amps. If not, what is the known connector type these will work with. Thanks.

Yes, they do. I ordered a balanced two pin cable from aliexpress with a 2.5 TRRS plug to try running in balanced most off my Oakton Xp-1A and it opened them up considerably. The overall sound is the same tonal balance just with more authority. I love them in this arrangement.

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #69 of 102
That’s great news. At least there are inexpensive cabling options that will now improve the sound of these... could you share the link you bought yours off of? Just interested in seeing what you have a good experience with.

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #70 of 102
Jun 21, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #71 of 102
Jun 21, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #73 of 102
Yeah pretty much just using a q5 on the go. Slip it in my pocket and have my phone as the remote in hand. Bluetooth comes in handy when out and about. Not needing more than around 3feet of cable for that.

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #74 of 102
ok, My EDC3 broke, the left earpiece is significantly quieter then the right one, i´ve contacted both Nuforce and massdrop to see which can offer a solution...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back