Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Mar 30, 2017 at 8:33 PM Post #406 of 766
Thank you, realized that after I took the picture... appreciate it.

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #407 of 766
Got  mine today.  Had some nervous moments trying to find the right tips.  The large
single-flange silicone tips put out some great bass but kept slipping out of my ears.  The large foam tips fit well but produced a very unnatural distant sound for me.  The small double flange wouldn't even begin to stay in my ears.  I then tried my large double flange silicone tips from my HiFiman RE0's and they didn't work either.  Again, they wouldn't stay in my ears.  At last, I reached the smaller 
single-flange silicone tips and bingo! - A balanced, natural, smooth, detailed and enjoyable sound. 

I'm not a big fan of IEM's . I usually only listen to them when I travel but I may have to take them to work with me tomorrow.  So far, so good with these.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #408 of 766
I just got my Noble X yesterday and it's so comfortable in my ears compared to the other IEMs I have. Sound is really smooth and overall I'm loving it. Just wished the faceplates and the body was a bit more flush though but hey I can't complain too much given the low entry price for a Noble Product. The Wizard has done it again!

P.S Now my wife is asking me to give her this instead of the IM50 I bought for her 2 years ago. I'll resist with all my strength!

Mar 31, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #409 of 766
I received my set yesterday and was quite impressed with the sound! I'm curious though -- does anyone know which ear tips are compatible with these Noble universal fit IEMs? It looks like the Comply foam tips would work, but it appears that Shure olives and Westone foams would not. 

Anyone have any recommendations?

Mar 31, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #411 of 766
Got mine yesterday.  I'm using the included silicone tips.  I have the entire Noble old-style-shell line - Savant, N3, N4, N5, N6 & Kaiser and the X is the first for me with the new shells.  I could never user the included tips with the old shells, but with the new shell, they work fine.  I get a very good seal and the bass has seemed just right for the acoustic stuff that I have listened to so far.

The shipping envelope and the packaging are pretty dicey, but the X itself is quite good, especially at this price.

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #412 of 766
I got mine a few day ago and I love them.  However, they always feel like they are not really tight in my ear canal.  How should iems sit really?  I have always had issues with iems not fitting properly.  Usually, I use really small tips, and push the tip in while tugging back on my ear, but the tips on these seem to be too big to do that with.  They dont really fall out while i am listening, but they just dont feel secure and tight.  Maybe I need to look at other tips?

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #413 of 766
If anyone is interested, I have a pair of these Noble X IEMs that I am selling.

They are brand new inside the box and never used.  Need the money now, which is why they have to go. 

Please message me directly.  Will ship from New York.

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #414 of 766
I'm really enjoying my X Noble X, so I checked the Noble website to see the other universal iems they make. Trying to see what would be the next step up from the X. I see the Sage at $599 that uses 2 BA's like the X and I see the Savanna at $499 that uses 4 BA's. On paper seems like the Savanna might be an upgrade since the Sage has the same driver configuration as the X, but why does the Sage cost $100 more than the Savannah? And then there is the Django with 6 BA's for $999. It would be really nice if there was a way to audition them in my home for a week or so to make an informed decision. Maybe the Wizard can give us some insight into the differences, Can't find much information on these right now on the web.

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #415 of 766
  I'm really enjoying my X Noble X, so I checked the Noble website to see the other universal iems they make. Trying to see what would be the next step up from the X. I see the Sage at $599 that uses 2 BA's like the X and I see the Savanna at $499 that uses 4 BA's. On paper seems like the Savanna might be an upgrade since the Sage has the same driver configuration as the X, but why does the Sage cost $100 more than the Savannah? And then there is the Django with 6 BA's for $999. It would be really nice if there was a way to audition them in my home for a week or so to make an informed decision. Maybe the Wizard can give us some insight into the differences, Can't find much information on these right now on the web.

Sage is their progression of the Savant which was a "special" segment of their line, tuned different etc. The others are part of their normal lineup. They are present at most shows and  Canjams and have their whole lineup with them. Check those schedules.

For tips I am using some Auvio's  currently, used the included foams and spin fits as well. The Auvio's area tight fit over the nozzles but do work. My right ear canal is larger than  my left so I use a Med and Large always costs more but get a better fit.

BTW love the attack on these, Rainbow Starstruck just played the cymbal crashes and Blackmore's runs really ring thru. Still looking for more bass through isolation. Only thing remotely close to negative I can say right now after about 100 hours with them. 

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #416 of 766

Noble doesn't sell parts, so really driver count isn't the major factor in product prices.   (there are some single BA universals priced at over 1K USD on the market)

Being how I built the Noble X, and understand the design goals from the start, I would say the step up from the Noble X would be the Encore.    

The Noble X is supposed to be a non polarizing product, meaning it doesn't really belong in any one category (flat, clinical, warm, bass heavy etc etc)  The goal was to build a product that plays a wide variety of music genres, and not really excel in any specific one.

The Encore is built around the same philosophy, it just does the job better than the Noble X.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 2, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #418 of 766

Noble doesn't sell parts, so really driver count isn't the major factor in product prices.   (there are some single BA universals priced at over 1K USD on the market)

Being how I built the Noble X, and understand the design goals from the start, I would say the step up from the Noble X would be the Encore.    

The Noble X is supposed to be a non polarizing product, meaning it doesn't really belong in any one category (flat, clinical, warm, bass heavy etc etc)  The goal was to build a product that plays a wide variety of music genres, and not really excel in any specific one.

The Encore is built around the same philosophy, it just does the job better than the Noble X.

​Thanks for responding. By Encore I guess you mean the Kaiser Encore at $1850? That would be great but way out of my reach. I have seen a used Django and according to your website description, it appears to be a neutral performer that works well with all types of music. I prefer a neutral balance that doesn't favor bass or highs but has a smooth and detailed sound with good midrange presence. The X is giving me that type of sound now. I was hesitant when the drop started and the reports on the X were that the bass was somewhat weak and the highs were somewhat rolled off. To a large extent I haven't found that to be true with my 67 year old ears. Bass is there when it should be and has surprised me a number of times with the impact and the highs are also easy to hear without calling attention to itself. I've also been impressed with the clarity and the ability to pick out individual instruments and I've noticed some subtle background instruments or doubling of instruments that I didn't know were there before. The X is just a very nice all around performer and one of the best buys I have ever made. Thanks for a great job!

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #419 of 766
​Thanks for responding. By Encore I guess you mean the Kaiser Encore at $1850? That would be great but way out of my reach. I have seen a used Django and according to your website description, it appears to be a neutral performer that works well with all types of music. I prefer a neutral balance that doesn't favor bass or highs but has a smooth and detailed sound with good midrange presence. The X is giving me that type of sound now. I was hesitant when the drop started and the reports on the X were that the bass was somewhat weak and the highs were somewhat rolled off. To a large extent I haven't found that to be true with my 67 year old ears. Bass is there when it should be and has surprised me a number of times with the impact and the highs are also easy to hear without calling attention to itself. I've also been impressed with the clarity and the ability to pick out individual instruments and I've noticed some subtle background instruments or doubling of instruments that I didn't know were there before. The X is just a very nice all around performer and one of the best buys I have ever made. Thanks for a great job!

Thanks

Glad to hear you like them

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 3, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #420 of 766
Thanks

Glad to hear you like them

What DAC is in the Noble lightning cable? Just curious if it differs from the one in the Apple lightning-to-3.5mm adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back