Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Mar 29, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #377 of 766
Anybody here have the IBasso IT03 too for a comparison? I bought those in lieu of getting the Nobles. I want to know how much I screwd up. Haha
But seriously....

You didnt... They are different sounds. The noble X may, may, have the edge in terms of detail and resolution (I would have to go back and listen) but if it does its not by much. Its a leaner sound overall. The IT03 is very nice and I think certainly competes, but is more bass forward and has more rumble and impact due to it being a hybrid with a DD instead of just only BA's.

I will see if I can find time at some point to do some real comparisons.

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #378 of 766
Got mine in last night.  Wasn't impressed with the shipping container (a bubble wrap bag), I did like the simple can within a can that the IEMs came in.  The sound really did catch me off guard though!  Listening to SE215 and Sonic GR07 for the past couple years and these are much better in my opinion.  So far just listening through Galaxy S7 edge.  I have yet to hook them into my Ibasso DX80 or my schitt Valhalla 2.

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #379 of 766
unboxing
https://youtu.be/O0W4UxaU2Lg

review
https://youtu.be/TiGMV2AvxvY

It's very lean with big bass and no airing to sparkle, in the region of fidue a73 and sennheiser amperior really with bigger bass and more refinement. It's not really coloured like many iems. The sparkle is best it's refined completely though

Mar 29, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #380 of 766
Im not one to post reviews of headphones.   I own several iem's and full size headphones.   Too each their own.  I think most companies try their best.  Its if you find your sound that i  look at.   Some like bass,  air?  balance?  fun?

So today  I got my Noble X!  

I find it funny the mailman never knows what he is dropping in my mailbox!!!

I have about 2-3 Hours on these Iem's.   

Like any iem   fit and seal. 

I have never ever been able to use silicone tips,  foam tips.   I make my own.   I wish my ears were  the norm.   But I buy ear plugs, hearing protection, from lowes.  Cut with leather punch tool to foam a hole.   then i mount the ear plug to the iem.   Magic!!

So right out of the box,  noble x.   really F-good!!!  I have 3 good  iems.   Like headphones.  Its all about taste!!!  
For 250.00  dollars.   massdrop and noble did a great job.

m usicguy

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #382 of 766
Just got these today, and I agree with myemaildw. The bass has a bit more oomph than I expected. Not very colored, and very comfortable to listen to. Good clarity and the soundstage is pretty airy. I think it beats both my AKG K3003 and the LZ-A4 in that department. Great release by Massdrop and Noble.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #383 of 766
I received mine yesterday.  Wasn't impressed with packaging either, but doesn't really matter.  The Noble X sounded great through my Mojo and Shanling M5.  I actually liked it less through my Woo though.  Fit and seal are great and sound has been enjoyable so far.

anyone have a lightning cable for the noble x that they want to sell?  I didn't think I was going to want one when i ordered months ago (have a dragonfly red, mojo, oppo ha-2), but have since decided simpler was better so now just want a lightning cable.

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #384 of 766
To further my experiences sent I now have close to 80 hours on it. Details and clarity still really good, certain genre's are just outstanding(Jazz, zydeco, Folk/Americana, anything more guitar and vocal based).Just had some Bob Seger come across the DAP brought me back to the excitement of the 70's again, rehearing things.  Still looking for a bit more bottom end but again it's a dual BA so if you expect thumping bass you are in the wrong configuration. Not the best for metal and funk, very acceptable but if you live in those genre's you'll need more than 2 BA's. Just can't get over the details presented, not sibilant to me at all. Still a very good value for what you get, outstanding effort by Noble and Massdrop. Like them better with the Spinfits than the foams. Packaging was as expected but I've bought from Massdrop before so expect some minimalist packaging and frankly never ever use the containers things come in. Final assessment will happen after I can compare against a like costing hybrid. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #385 of 766
Listening with the lightning cable.

Arcade Fire is not as great as I would have liked. Maybe a bit unbalanced, the instruments drown out the vocals, and the vocals seem to lack emotion. The sound signaure is amazing for The National, though. 

The detail is amazing though. I need to A/B, but they hold up to my HD700s, which I was not expecting. 

They are the best fitting and most comfortable IEMs I've ever used.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #386 of 766
some more comparisons
[video]https://youtu.be/UBvFGd6eoew[/video]

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #387 of 766
  I received mine yesterday.  Wasn't impressed with packaging either, but doesn't really matter.  The Noble X sounded great through my Mojo and Shanling M5.  I actually liked it less through my Woo though.  Fit and seal are great and sound has been enjoyable so far.

anyone have a lightning cable for the noble x that they want to sell?  I didn't think I was going to want one when i ordered months ago (have a dragonfly red, mojo, oppo ha-2), but have since decided simpler was better so now just want a lightning cable.

just saw the lightning cables are available now on the noble web site.

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #388 of 766
I just received my Noble X IEMs today...  But, I have a problem, and I thought I'd ask here, what you think, but will also contact Noble...

I ask, because it is just so weird, wanting to know if anyone has ever experienced a similar thing...  

Here goes...

So, plug them in, notice 1812 sounded "weird" at first, thought, maybe they need a burn in...  I've never done it before, but figured... maybe...

Then switch to Nora Jones, Don't know why... again, instruments sound strange... then the singing started... Holy hell....  Sounds like I'm in a HUGE auditorium or something, and Nora's voice sounds, distant?  Kind of hard to explain.  At first, I thought I had a filter on, or effect on, but I doubled checked, no effect.  Plugged in my regular headphones, and it sounded normal, plug the Noble's back in, same thing...  Kinda like, if someone were singing in the next room, but the instruments are in the same room...

Anyone ever had anything like this before??  Any idea what it might be?  Going to contact Noble, but thought I'd see you all had to say....

thanks
breezyjr

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #389 of 766
Update about the audio cutting out issue. I emailed Massdrop and let me just say their customer support is very responsive. He is requesting a replacement cable for me directly from the vendor (directly from Noble I'm assuming).

Upon looking at the cable more, I noticed the portion of the cable that goes into the 2-pin strain relief was slightly yanked out more than the right side. So I pushed it back in and voila, the sound came back.

Not sure if this was a defect but I certain never tugged on the cable for the initial hour that it was fully functioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back