Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview
Mar 30, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #393 of 766
  I just received my Noble X IEMs today...  But, I have a problem, and I thought I'd ask here, what you think, but will also contact Noble...

I ask, because it is just so weird, wanting to know if anyone has ever experienced a similar thing...  

Here goes...

So, plug them in, notice 1812 sounded "weird" at first, thought, maybe they need a burn in...  I've never done it before, but figured... maybe...

Then switch to Nora Jones, Don't know why... again, instruments sound strange... then the singing started... Holy hell....  Sounds like I'm in a HUGE auditorium or something, and Nora's voice sounds, distant?  Kind of hard to explain.  At first, I thought I had a filter on, or effect on, but I doubled checked, no effect.  Plugged in my regular headphones, and it sounded normal, plug the Noble's back in, same thing...  Kinda like, if someone were singing in the next room, but the instruments are in the same room...

Anyone ever had anything like this before??  Any idea what it might be?  Going to contact Noble, but thought I'd see you all had to say....

thanks
breezyjr

​Sounds like either one of the cables is reversed at the iems or the cable was wired incorrectly. Check to make sure the red and blue dots on the connectors are facing the same way. If they are, try reversing one of the cables to see what happens. If reversing one of the cables fixes it but the red and blue dots are reversed, you just need a new cable so the colors face the same way. If reversing the cables doesn't help, you still need a new cable to tell whether the cable was wired incorrectly or the iem was wired incorrectly.

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #394 of 766
​Sounds like either one of the cables is reversed at the iems or the cable was wired incorrectly. Check to make sure the red and blue dots on the connectors are facing the same way. If they are, try reversing one of the cables to see what happens. If reversing one of the cables fixes it but the red and blue dots are reversed, you just need a new cable so the colors face the same way. If reversing the cables doesn't help, you still need a new cable to tell whether the cable was wired incorrectly or the iem was wired incorrectly.

Good theory, not sure if it is accurate, but a good theory nonetheless.

If isn't a cable insertion issue, contact Brannan, he will get u sorted.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 30, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #395 of 766
Originally posted by Dpump

OMG... Yes!

That was it.  I reversed the cable, right to left and left to right, and now it sounds normal...  

Thank you!  I knew there was a reason to post here first, as I would never had thought of that.  

I was worried, I'd have to wait a month to get a replacement... now, just have to wait long enough to get another cable... 

woohoo!
Breezyjr

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #397 of 766
My pair just came. These actually exceeded my expectations. I might be crazy, but I think I prefer the sound out of my Iphone using the noble lightening cable to the normal cable out of the WM1Z. I havent had enough time to really test it, but the lightening cable seems great. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #398 of 766
I'm curious about the DAC in the lightning cable. FullCircle, is this the same DAC as the one in Apple's lightning to 3.5mm dongle?

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #400 of 766
My tracking information is telling me these were delivered to me this morning (in UK). They weren't. AGGH.

they will be at your local post office awaiting customs duties. You will get a card in the post telling you what to pay. I noticed this so went to my local office today with proof of identity and paid what was due and they handed package over. Told me just to ignore card when it came.

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #402 of 766
Just got mine, listened for a little but need to spend some time. They sounded pretty decent so far. I guess the rest of my night is taken...

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #404 of 766

Users who are viewing this thread

Back